Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Tuesday, February 18th, 2020.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Conway Head Coach  (Read 23118 times)

Offline cabotpantherman

• 2nd String
  • I love Fearless Friday!
Re: Conway Head Coach
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2008, 08:29:24 pm »
Just found out the other day he is staying for another 28 years.

powerlifter90

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2008, 08:55:01 pm »

what are you guys going to do?  prop him up on the sideline like they do "Joe Pa"?

Offline 007

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 09:34:00 pm »
no man, he's only 41 so he's got another 28 years left in him

what are you guys going to do?  prop him up on the sideline like they do "Joe Pa"?

powerlifter90

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2008, 09:41:17 pm »
no man, he's only 41 so he's got another 28 years left in him

41 my arss.......................... maybe 51

Offline thebigshot

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2008, 10:44:19 pm »
Scott Reed from El Dorado would be a great hire!!!
thats exactly who i was thinking of.

Let me go ahead and say this, Scott Reed isn't leaving El Dorado anytime soon. If Conway will pay his three kids way through college than he might end up going.  I can name at least 5 other coaches that would be a better fit at Conway. What Conway really needs right now is a young coach.  I'm sure that Marc Jones of Benton will be applying for the job.

These coaches would be a good fit in conway.

Rusty Bush DC Northside
Keith Fimple DC Southside
Shane Patrick head coach at Mountain Home
Buck James head coach at Camden
Bo Hembree head coach at Warren

Offline thebigshot

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2008, 10:45:14 pm »

he's waiting for Malham to step down

Did coach Reed call and tell you this?

Offline GeorgeWBush

• Head Coach
  • I was the greatest President of the 2000's
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2008, 11:09:51 pm »

You beat me to it.  I think Conway should go after this coach hard.  Bo does a really good job and could have Conway competitive in 1-3 years.  Although his talent base would be going down significantly.

Offline spoof1530

• 2nd String
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2008, 11:12:01 pm »
The Warren Coach would be a nice fit!

topone

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2008, 05:35:20 am »
All of these coaches would be great for Conway... I have known of Shane Patrick for almost 20 years---he would be my top pick if i had the chose to choose the next coach.

thats exactly who i was thinking of.

Let me go ahead and say this, Scott Reed isn't leaving El Dorado anytime soon. If Conway will pay his three kids way through college than he might end up going.  I can name at least 5 other coaches that would be a better fit at Conway. What Conway really needs right now is a young coach.  I'm sure that Marc Jones of Benton will be applying for the job.

These coaches would be a good fit in conway.

Rusty Bush DC Northside
Keith Fimple DC Southside
Shane Patrick head coach at Mountain Home
Buck James head coach at Camden

powerlifter90

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2008, 06:58:48 am »
Hembree isn't leaving Warren

Offline cabotpantherman

• 2nd String
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2008, 08:25:02 am »
Scott Reed's kids college education (if he stays) is paid on a percentage basis depending on when they started.  I'm sure there are alumni in Conway that can afford his kids college tuition.

Offline 007

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2008, 08:29:39 am »
Scott Reed's kids college education (if he stays) is paid on a percentage basis depending on when they started.  I'm sure there are alumni in Conway that can afford his kids college tuition.
it's amazing the doors a winning football team opens up.

Offline 7AFBFAN

• Head Coach
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2008, 09:19:52 am »
I hope it isn't Fimple, it would be a sad day for Southside to see him leave, not only his coaching but his influence and example for all the kids.

Offline thebigshot

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2008, 09:47:10 am »

Why is it everytime when a coaching job comes up somewhere in NWA or Central Arkansas they always come get an El Dorado coach?   ;D

See Catholic and Southside.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:48:47 am by thebigshot »

powerlifter90

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2008, 11:58:08 am »

Why is it everytime when a coaching job comes up somewhere in NWA or Central Arkansas they always come get an El Dorado coach?   ;D

if Reed would leave Eldo, they better get ready for .500 seasons again. 

topone

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2008, 12:25:45 pm »
Did they have a 500 season every year that Scooter was there?  Is there an advantage of Conway over El Dorado??

Why is it everytime when a coaching job comes up somewhere in NWA or Central Arkansas they always come get an El Dorado coach?   ;D

if Reed would leave Eldo, they better get ready for .500 seasons again. 

Offline R. A.

• All Star
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2008, 01:21:32 pm »
Went to school with Bush and Fimple at HSU

Fimple is home at the Fort Smith area.

I don't think he will be a HC till his alma mater comes calling for him (Alma)

Rusty, who knows if he wants to be a HC right now or not.

fbfan56

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2008, 06:41:26 pm »
Any Conway grad's out there who aren't already in the system?

Offline Smithian

• Assistant Coach
  • The Flagship Institution
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2008, 08:22:46 pm »
Went to school with Bush and Fimple at HSU

Fimple is home at the Fort Smith area.

I don't think he will be a HC till his alma mater comes calling for him (Alma)

Rusty, who knows if he wants to be a HC right now or not.
I still think a Southside assistant will be signing a new contract when the job across town opens up.

Offline Ignatius J. Reilly

• Bench Warmer
  • Work always interferes at crucial moments.
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2008, 08:51:50 pm »
Not sure if this is a possibility since his dad is the AD, but what about Bobby Bolding?

topone

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2008, 09:13:21 pm »
All of the Boldings do a great job, makes sense.

Not sure if this is a possibility since his dad is the AD, but what about Bobby Bolding?

Offline The_Champ

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2008, 09:10:52 am »
Bobby has shown time after time he is an elite coach in Arkansas. Any player that has ever plyed for him would take a bullet for him. He makes boys turn into men. Not only in football but in the real world.

Offline Iknewthemwhen

• Head Coach
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2008, 02:13:18 pm »
Hiring Bobby Bolding at Conway has been rumored for years in the event that Kenny Smith left, question is would that be a workable situation with his dad as AD.   the other rumor is that they hire Bobby and Buzz steps down as well.   It will be interesting to watch.

Quite Frankly

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2008, 02:13:56 pm »
I'd be willing to bet a Bolding will not be the next head coach.

Offline 007

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2008, 02:14:52 pm »
I'd be willing to bet a Bolding will not be the next head coach.
i second that!

Offline Iknewthemwhen

• Head Coach
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2008, 02:16:26 pm »
I am sure there are a lot of obstacles to a Bolding getting hired, but you never know what will happen.

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2008, 03:28:08 pm »
Considering that politics is what kept the last coach there much longer than it should it can be looked at two ways. One more of the same (politics) or two time for a new direction.

That being said B. Bolding has a very tough decision to make. Conway could pay him more money than PB however would they roll out the red carpet like PB? He has complete control of football program 7-12. They built a very nice indoor practice facility and there is talk of renovating or building a new stadium. Not sure Conway would give him as much freedom as he has now. On the other hand Conway has a lot offer. Solid local economy, more players, better school system. He will win state championship at PB I think it would be a little tougher at Conway. Anyway I can't blame him for at least listening even though PB has really gone out their way to make him happy here!

Offline cabotpantherman

• 2nd String
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2008, 05:43:07 pm »
hmmm Conway or Pine bluff it's a no brainer!!! Bolding or Reed is the two to look at. Both winners everywhere they go. Btw lets add Searcy to this mix.

Offline thebigshot

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2008, 08:09:46 pm »
hmmm Conway or Pine bluff it's a no brainer!!! Bolding or Reed is the two to look at. Both winners everywhere they go. Btw lets add Searcy to this mix.

Hate to bust your happy hour you got going but Coach Reed will not be leaving El Dorado anytime soon.  I know that for a FACT. Wanna know more PM me, and I will tell you.

powerlifter90

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2008, 08:31:06 pm »
I am 99% sure that Reed would only leave Eldo for one job and it isn't open

Offline SavedbyGrace

• 2nd String
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2008, 09:44:12 pm »
I am speculating on this prediction, but I think Dawson or Keopple would be a good choice for Conway out of all the names mentioned.  I would not be surprised if one of the Bolding Brothers went for the job, but Keopple would be a good coach in my opinion.  This is speculation, but if this opened up the Texarkana job, I would not be surprised if Reed tried for the Texarkana job.  This is specculation, I have not heard any of this for a fact.

ucabearcaller

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2008, 10:03:23 pm »
I would imagine Dawson would try and get the Southern Arkansas job now that it is open

Offline thebigshot

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2008, 10:56:23 pm »
Marc Jones

Offline thebigshot

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2008, 11:05:29 pm »

I guess the only time when a coach wants a better job they come to El Dorado and stay for two years and go somewhere else to get something better?  The Cabot job could come open after this season nobody knows, if that job does come open. Do you really think Reed would take it?  Why leave somewhere knowing your kids college is already paid for and go somewhere else it's not?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:07:28 pm by thebigshot »

Offline Smithian

• Assistant Coach
  • The Flagship Institution
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2008, 06:28:45 am »

Offline CatsnBears

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2008, 06:38:56 am »
About two weeks ago you said there was grumbling in Conway, QF.  You called that play brotha, er uh sista.  Until the last few days, I would have said the next coach would be a Bolding, but it sounds like they are throwing a big search loop.  The newspaper said they expect to make a decision by mid-January.  I haven't heard any names mentioned, only people's wish list.

powerlifter90

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2008, 07:01:01 am »

I guess the only time when a coach wants a better job they come to El Dorado and stay for two years and go somewhere else to get something better?  The Cabot job could come open after this season nobody knows, if that job does come open. Do you really think Reed would take it?  Why leave somewhere knowing your kids college is already paid for and go somewhere else it's not?

I don't know any of this for sure, just speculation, and things I've heard from Cabot folks.  I'm sure that if Reed or anyone else took the Cabot job they would be compensated VERY handsomely considering the package the current coach has.  Which could include a salary and a stipulation that what-ever his children would have received in the form of college funding if they would have stayed in Eldo would be beaten or matched by Cabot.  Don't think that just because some large corporation has said they will pay for Eldo students to attend college that makes a difference in the fact that El Dorado is still El Dorado and Cabot is still Cabot. 

Offline wampuscatblue

• Bench Warmer
  • Your number 1 high school board. Fearless Fridays!
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2008, 07:46:11 am »
About two weeks ago you said there was grumbling in Conway, QF.  You called that play brotha, er uh sista.  Until the last few days, I would have said the next coach would be a Bolding, but it sounds like they are throwing a big search loop.  The newspaper said they expect to make a decision by mid-January.  I haven't heard any names mentioned, only people's wish list.
Saying Kenny Smith's job was in jeopardy was really going out on a limb huh? there's only been a group of people trying to get rid of him the last couple of years.  Anyway,  The next coach will probably not be a Bolding whether they apply or not.  The superintendant is in charge of the search and it is a national search.  I've heard that there are several out of state coaches who have already called and inquired about it as well as a few in state.  The big names in the state will not have to call and apply---Conway is going to call them so not to disrupt their reputation at their current schools.  The next coach will be named at the January 13th board meeting and will begin working the very next day.  Conway will not hire someone who can't get out of his current contract as they want someone to begin immediately.  The new coach will have to do a lot before he is even in place--i.e. reassigning current staff, purchasing new equipment, etc... I've been told that Conway is throwing a lot of money into this, not necessarily in salary but rather at facilities, equipment, new staff etc. 
Conway's financial woes are gone--they are giving all employees a bonus in December for enduring the situation last year, and maybe even to preempt the grumblings from staff that would come from paying a football coach a high salary. 
There's supposedly a new field house in the works, new turf field, new coaches to coach sophomores only, and things such as that but that is only what's been overheard at the golf course.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:02:31 am by wampuscatblue »

Tuko

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2008, 01:34:30 pm »
COME ON THEBIGSHOT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Jonesy wouldn't fit in with the BIG BLUE MACHINE. He's way too "COUNTRY" for those folks!!!

Offline CatsnBears

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2008, 03:05:01 pm »
I haven't heard anything about the facilities update and that sort of thing, Wampuscatblue, but I'm all for it.

Offline thebigshot

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2008, 04:42:31 pm »
not trying to scare you conway fans but marc jones is gone from benton.

Offline The_Champ

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2008, 08:29:15 pm »
Not to burst your bubble but Marc has applied for many jobs lately (NLR) Last year and didn't get it. He might get another job, but I see this one out of reach.

Quite Frankly

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2008, 08:55:23 pm »
Not to burst your bubble but Marc has applied for many jobs lately (NLR) Last year and didn't get it. He might get another job, but I see this one out of reach.
You need to understand sarcasm.  That was a huge example of it.  :)

Offline RGP

• Assistant Coach
  • A Tradition of Excellence
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2008, 09:27:50 pm »
You need to understand sarcasm.  That was a huge example of it.  :)
Marc Jones leaving.... that's a crazy and sad story.... He's a good coach, too. Just not much talent to deal with.

And as for his assistants... well... some of them didn't like him. ;)

Wampus_Cat

« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2008, 01:25:44 am »
The rumor I've been hearing is Hembree...

purely golf course type stuff, but the rumor is Hembree. Doubt it though.

It may be a big name. Conway has the talent. Conway has the size to compete. Just need the Coach...

I'll miss ole Kenny more than anyone. His AP Study Hall was the toughest in the state.

hoops22

« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2008, 09:08:06 am »
What everyone needs to realize is the person or superintendant that is going to be the one that hires the next coach is DR. Murray who came from Springdale High School. He has a passion for football and for winning. He knows the success of the 7A west very well and knows those coaches very well. His first coach that he will go after is Chris Wood from Har-Ber. YOu can all say what you want, but Dr. Murray and Chris have a great relationship and Chris has been very successful every where he has been. He is a winner and Dr5. Murray likes that. Don't be surprised if that is who he goes after. In my opinion, Conway is one of the best coaching jobs in the state.

Offline GeorgeWBush

• Head Coach
  • I was the greatest President of the 2000's
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2008, 11:39:13 am »
YOu can all say what you want, but Dr. Murray and Chris have a great relationship and Chris has been very successful every where he has been.

Except for Texas

Offline R. A.

• All Star
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2008, 09:22:55 pm »
jones could be a surprise

NWAfootball

« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2008, 11:04:53 pm »
Wood was successful in Texas. He was the offensive coordinator and had one of the top offenses in the state.

Offline Billyo62

• Hall of Famer
  • KC- Tiger Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2008, 11:49:14 am »
I guess NO BIG ANNOUCEMENT on Saturday as was posted on the boards!

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center