Author Topic: 6A East Reigning Champs?  (Read 645 times)

Offline footballboy01

• Bench Warmer
  • Dogs on top!
6A East Reigning Champs?
« on: September 15, 2020, 03:39:30 pm »
I know Parkview has a pretty good team assembled, but I want to keep it open for opinions. Hows everyone looking? I heard Sylvan Hills has a pretty decent team again maybe another playoff run? I know WM is just WM, Searcy is iffy, Eldo is struggling, Sheridan is in turmoil, don't know much about Marion except their ranked last in 6A, and Jonesboro just lost their starting qb.

Offline The Future

• All Star
  • What even is a post malone anyway?
Re: 6A East Reigning Champs?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 05:17:53 pm »
Parkview is in the West.

You're missing Pine Bluff from your list of East teams.

The East, like the last handful of years, is wide open for anyone. No one is head and shoulders better than the rest. Since we did away with the blended 7A/6A conferences in 2016 and have had the East and West teams, the West has had the better teams and have won 3 of the last 4 titles. Last year's Searcy team was the 1 out of 10 one hit wonder team. It makes you wonder why they were so good in 2019 but in 2018 they were nowhere and in 2020 they are no where. This happens every once in a while. Monticello in 2009 comes to mind. The champion this year will come from the West. Could be Greenwood. Could be Benton after 2 times of coming up short.

The East this year very well could have a tie for the title depending on how it falls. Most likely the champion will have 1 loss. Maybe even 2.

The West has 3 of the 4 semi finalist. Could even be all 4.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 05:20:55 pm by The Future »

Offline zebrafan

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 07:47:56 pm »
I know Parkview has a pretty good team assembled, but I want to keep it open for opinions. Hows everyone looking? I heard Sylvan Hills has a pretty decent team again maybe another playoff run? I know WM is just WM, Searcy is iffy, Eldo is struggling, Sheridan is in turmoil, don't know much about Marion except their ranked last in 6A, and Jonesboro just lost their starting qb.
Geeeeeeez 🤕

Offline zebrafan

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 07:50:53 pm »
Parkview is in the West.

The East, like the last handful of years, is wide open for anyone. No one is head and shoulders better than the rest. Since we did away with the blended 7A/6A conferences in 2016 and have had the East and West teams, the West has had the better teams and have won 3 of the last 4 titles. Last year's Searcy team was the 1 out of 10 one hit wonder team. It makes you wonder why they were so good in 2019 but in 2018 they were nowhere and in 2020 they are no where. This happens every once in a while. Monticello in 2009 comes to mind. The champion this year will come from the West. Could be Greenwood. Could be Benton after 2 times of coming up short.

The East this year very well could have a tie for the title depending on how it falls. Most likely the champion will have 1 loss. Maybe even 2.

Monticello 09’ call....spot on! And def agree the champion will come from the west...GW/Ben/PV.

Offline footballboy01

• Bench Warmer
  • Dogs on top!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 02:36:34 am »
Parkview is in the West.

got em switched but yea I mean Searcy wasnt terrible in 2018 gwood just shut them out

Offline arenaboy10

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 08:42:20 pm »

The 6A east is still Jonesboro’s to lose and barring another major injury should make a run at WMS.  They have been waiting three years for this year and not just because they had a 3rd year starter at QB. They have a Sr. Class loaded with playmakers on offense and a defense that will be out of quarantine and healthy by next week. The new QB has a big arm and is very accurate and went for 190 yards and 2 scores in the 2nd half vs Conway.. As a team They out gained 3 7a opponents 1506-1099 and other than the loss of Jumper, they came out of it healthy from what i understand. It’s a crazy year so who knows but Jonesboro will be a tough out in November.

Offline zebrafan

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 11:36:43 pm »
The 6A east is still Jonesboro’s to lose and barring another major injury should make a run at WMS.  They have been waiting three years for this year and not just because they had a 3rd year starter at QB. They have a Sr. Class loaded with playmakers on offense and a defense that will be out of quarantine and healthy by next week. The new QB has a big arm and is very accurate and went for 190 yards and 2 scores in the 2nd half vs Conway.. As a team They out gained 3 7a opponents 1506-1099 and other than the loss of Jumper, they came out of it healthy from what i understand. It’s a crazy year so who knows but Jonesboro will be a tough out in November.
Would love to see them finally break thru to WMS. Stay healthy 🤞🏻

Offline The Future

• All Star
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 07:43:28 am »
Monticello 09’ call....spot on! And def agree the champion will come from the west...GW/Ben/PV.

Everyone that year was anticipating the Greenwood Monticello matchup, but PA came to Greenwood and left with a close win. Til this day I still really wish that game happened.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:54:35 am by The Future »

Offline The Future

• All Star
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 07:46:09 am »
Would love to see them finally break thru to WMS. Stay healthy 🤞🏻

I agree. I've also been hoping for a Greenwood Jonesboro matchup. Over the years, looking at the playoff brackets, there's been several times one has been possible, but one of the two gets beat and it doesn't happen. A first meeting at WMS would be really cool.

Offline RolandJones

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 10:31:47 am »
I agree. I've also been hoping for a Greenwood Jonesboro matchup. Over the years, looking at the playoff brackets, there's been several times one has been possible, but one of the two gets beat and it doesn't happen. A first meeting at WMS would be really cool.

My season prediction is the two will meet this year.. If not in the finals, the Semis.

Offline ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 11:57:05 am »

The loss of Jumper will be felt, he was the starter for a reason. The biggest blossom may be in the run game, as team’s had to respect him to pull the ball out and run with it. I’m not so sure that option, or threat, still exists, and without it, the overall running game suffers. I’d feel a lot better if the had the same DC, he made more improvement with the defense, since 2009-2010 seasons.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas