Author Topic: Top players this coming season  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Lionfan5

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Top players this coming season
« on: May 23, 2020, 10:30:18 pm »
Thoughts on top players for 3a-5 this coming season? Who will stand out this year?

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Re: Top players this coming season
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 11:33:54 pm »
I know you asked for the 5-3A but thought I could add in on the players who may stand out in 1-3A . I know the 1-3A may not be the best conference in 3A but some players that I know will stand out are the following below. I'm just listing skill positions and not lineman. Glad you started this topic cause I'll like to hear the other conferences what all you guys have around the other five conferences in 3A as far as stand out players.

I am using Maxpreps as a reference so if I have something off someone can correct it

Lincoln
WR #88 last name Davis... I think he may have had double digit TD's in 4A last year. Solid height and very athletic player. If you take a bad angle or miss a tackle he can pull a TD out of thin air how athletic he is

#78 Martinez OL/DL ( ok I threw in one lineman) .... He really stands out how hard he plays on both sides of the line

Cedarville

#12 Kattich RB was 3A sophomore of the year on 42 Sports social media awards

#7 Mitchell had over 1,000 yards rushing before getting injured week 7 or 8 and going out for the year

Greenland

RB #5 Dennis  1,300 yards rushing last year. Does most of his running on the outside but very quick and squirmy runner

QB #1 Wilson 2,000 passing and 500 rushing added. A very smart and mature player and a good fit for Greenland's system

Hackett
QB #11 Hester ( I am pretty sure he is back one more year?) ... But he alone should snag Hackett a playoff berth. At least their week 10 game against Mansfield should decide the 5 seed against their Red Tiger rivals. That should be a good game.

Charleston
#14 Ketter around 900 rushing/recieving yards combined

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 11:39:10 pm by beach bum »

Offline LJ homer

• Band Nerd
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 02:38:01 pm »
The QB at Jessieville, Rb at Bapt. Prep., kicker at Bapt. Prep.  and QB at Danville all looked pretty good last year as under classmen. Not sure of their names. Also Atkins had a stud at WR. Not sure if he was a senior.

Offline 501Arkansas

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 10:56:44 am »
Osceola Jr QB/LB Don Littleton, SR WR Stephen Coleman, SR RB Doug Freeman, SR WR Deanthony Poole(IF HEALTHY), JR TE/DE Anthony Harris and SO DE/NG Terrance Marshall just time name a few guys. Noles are loaded again

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 11:11:03 am »
Osceola Jr QB/LB Don Littleton, SR WR Stephen Coleman, SR RB Doug Freeman, SR WR Deanthony Poole(IF HEALTHY), JR TE/DE Anthony Harris and SO DE/NG Terrance Marshall just time name a few guys. Noles are loaded again

I'm definitely looking forward to that Hoxie vs Osceola game with all the good athletes that will be on both teams. It's probably the game in 3A I am looking forward to the most in the whole classification how competitive it should be. Osceola's program history winning conference titles should give them the edge. There are some other good 3A games like Harding/Newport, Rison/Mcgehee, etc. but I just don't think they'll be as competitive has the 3-3A title game.

Offline 501Arkansas

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 11:41:06 am »
I'm definitely looking forward to that Hoxie vs Osceola game with all the good athletes that will be on both teams. It's probably the game in 3A I am looking forward to the most in the whole classification how competitive it should be. Osceola's program history winning conference titles should give them the edge. There are some other good 3A games like Harding/Newport, Rison/Mcgehee, etc. but I just don't think they'll be as competitive has the 3-3A title game.
+1 I hope hoxie comes out and ready to play.

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 02:42:53 pm »
In the 2-3A, it will be hard to beat Harding Academy's two national top-50 performers from last season: QB Caden Sipe and WR Ty Dugger.

Offline athletic supporter

• Assistant Coach
  • Red Devil Pride!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 03:50:18 pm »
The QB at Jessieville, Rb at Bapt. Prep., kicker at Bapt. Prep.  and QB at Danville all looked pretty good last year as under classmen. Not sure of their names. Also Atkins had a stud at WR. Not sure if he was a senior.

The WR from Atkins is Kreed Stubbs. He will be a senior next season. He has received an offer from Henderson State

Offline arkansasprepfootball

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 04:47:29 pm »
The WR from Atkins is Kreed Stubbs. He will be a senior next season. He has received an offer from Henderson State

Really, really good player.  I expect he'll pick up several more this fall.

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 04:55:06 pm »
The Reddies seem to be mining 3A football quite heavily.

The following have also received HSU offers according to FF:
Osceola Senior WR/CB Stefan Coleman
HA QB Caden Sipe
HA WR Ty Dugger

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:08:19 pm by CoolBreeze »

Offline Nismoryu

• Water Boy
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 11:26:29 am »
A few not talked about standouts who also have interest from colleges are

#33 Morris RB/WR/SS Sophomore From Mayflower he has interest from Rutgers, John Hopkins, k-State, Vanderbilt, Yale, Dartmouth, Colombia, and Georgetown as well as a few i haven't listed and word is he might actually be taking snaps this year.

#22 Colvin WR/FS/QB Junior from Mayflower has had interest from a few schools as well AR Tech and UCA to name a couple.

Those are the standouts from Mayflower Colvin will be a Senior and Morris a Junior this upcoming season.

I am sure there are others i am missing also would like to add the QB for Atkins and Jesseville both stood out to me as well.

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2020, 02:50:25 pm »
A few not talked about standouts who also have interest from colleges are

#33 Morris RB/WR/SS Sophomore From Mayflower he has interest from Rutgers, John Hopkins, k-State, Vanderbilt, Yale, Dartmouth, Colombia, and Georgetown as well as a few i haven't listed and word is he might actually be taking snaps this year.

#22 Colvin WR/FS/QB Junior from Mayflower has had interest from a few schools as well AR Tech and UCA to name a couple.

Those are the standouts from Mayflower Colvin will be a Senior and Morris a Junior this upcoming season.

I am sure there are others i am missing also would like to add the QB for Atkins and Jesseville both stood out to me as well.
The Atkins QB from last year was a senior and his backup only threw 7 passes.

Offline Nismoryu

• Water Boy
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 03:59:47 pm »
The Atkins QB from last year was a senior and his backup only threw 7 passes.
sorry i didn't think about that my fault

Offline sprained ankle

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 07:45:14 am »
Tharon Davis---Newport. He has 7 D-1 offers as of now.

Offline 501Arkansas

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 10:21:35 am »
Tharon Davis---Newport. He has 7 D-1 offers as of now.
Love watching that young man play

Offline panther07

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2020, 12:13:35 pm »
Love watching that young man play

One of the fastest kids Ive ever seen on the field.

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 05:31:06 pm »
I just heard today that the leading tackler from last year's HA state championship team will attend Searcy High this year.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 06:28:33 pm »
I just heard today that the leading tackler from last year's HA state championship team will attend Searcy High this year.

I nearly made a topic about wondering if private schools would take a slight dip in enrollment in the coming years. I know a lot of people have been economically impacted this year and its not cheap to attend private schooling. It only makes sense some families may have to go back to public school. I have no idea if that is the case here, but it has been a thought that has gone through my head about the next 1-3 impact private schools may see just in general. There has to be at least a small impact on enrollment one would think.

By the way though even with the loss they'll be plenty of offense to keep things afloat at HA I imagine  ;D

Offline panther07

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 07:00:16 pm »

Thought I had mentioned that. I guess I did on searcy thread in 6A. He will be missed, but well find somebody serviceable in that spot and keep on rolling.

Offline Jvlion15

• Water Boy
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 07:06:57 pm »
Qb from Jessieville, id even throw in the running back for them who has high potential from what I saw last year.

Offline Lionfan5

• Water Boy
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 05:37:28 pm »
Qb from Jessieville, id even throw in the running back for them who has high potential from what I saw last year.

Agreed

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center