Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Wednesday, April 1st, 2020.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Címon KBo, you did the 6A West wrong!  (Read 807 times)

Offline CageMonsterNWA

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Címon KBo, you did the 6A West wrong!
« on: February 13, 2020, 11:05:04 pm »
Dude, I always enjoy listening to you on the Buzz, but you canít find one guy to talk about from Springdaleís team? I think they have three college signees. You also left out Har-Berís all-conference 2nd baseman and Bentonvilleís catcheróprobably the best in the state at their positions. And you got Magreís and Tobalís names wrong?  Get out of central Arkansas and do some homework.

Offline arenaboy10

• Bench Warmer
Re: Címon KBo, you did the 6A West wrong!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 04:09:20 pm »
Dude, I always enjoy listening to you on the Buzz, but you canít find one guy to talk about from Springdaleís team? I think they have three college signees. You also left out Har-Berís all-conference 2nd baseman and Bentonvilleís catcheróprobably the best in the state at their positions. And you got Magreís and Tobalís names wrong?  Get out of central Arkansas and do some homework.

Yep, I agree.. Hard to be the expert on all things Arkansas High School baseball when you never leave Little Rock..
But, you might want to get out of NWA for some games if you think either of those teams has the best in the state at any position!

Offline arenaboy10

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 04:16:42 pm »
Yep, I agree.. Hard to be the expert on all things Arkansas High School baseball when you never leave Little Rock..
But, you might want to get out of NWA for some games if you think either of those teams has the best in the state at any position!

I take that back.. Bentonville has the twins that are right up there with the top 10, 12 players in the state. They both play multiple positions so they could be the best in the state depending on the position they are playing that day.. But, I don't think the best 2nd baseman or catcher in the state resides in NWA

Offline 5tooldad

• Water Boy
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 07:06:48 pm »

I take that back.. Bentonville has the twins that are right up there with the top 10, 12 players in the state. They both play multiple positions so they could be the best in the state depending on the position they are playing that day.. But, I don't think the best 2nd baseman or catcher in the state resides in NWA
im going to weigh in here.  Only one of the twins is still in town.  The other is at IMG in Florida.  That said, Bentonvilleís catcher is the best catcher not named Opitz at any level in the state. 

Offline NEATrojans2

• Water Boy
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 09:30:02 pm »
NEA has catchers in Hossman, Rhoades, Chastain and Cancilla that are exceptionally good. Cabot has Scritchfield. Jaggers and Oliphant. Golden is also very good. All of these are very good. NEA has 2nd basemen in Weatherley and Cleary. Thatís just off the top of my head

Offline RabidWolf

• 2nd String
  • Nip it in the bud! Nip it, nip it, nip it!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 11:07:30 pm »
Don't forget the young man at El Dorado going to San Jacinto. Im not sure of his name.

Monticello had a d1 commit at catcher as well I believe. Greenbriar has Flagg going to UCA

Offline CageMonsterNWA

• Water Boy
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 11:18:33 pm »

OK. That was possibly an overstatement.  Heat of the moment.  However, they clearly deserved a mention and so did several other guys in NWA. Rogers shortstop was also overlooked, BTW.

Offline NEATrojans2

• Water Boy
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 12:09:37 am »
Don't forget the young man at El Dorado going to San Jacinto. Im not sure of his name.

Monticello had a d1 commit at catcher as well I believe. Greenbriar has Flagg going to UCA
Monticello - Jaggers      El Dorado - Rhodes (not Rhoades he is a 2022)     Cancilla - UCA      Chastain May play football instead   

Offline arenaboy10

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 06:17:17 pm »
OK. That was possibly an overstatement.  Heat of the moment.  However, they clearly deserved a mention and so did several other guys in NWA. Rogers shortstop was also overlooked, BTW.

Lol. I thought i was the only one on this site to post in the heat of the moment.
I think we agree that thereís great players in every region of this state that deserve recognition. And that if you are going to pretend to be Arkansasí expert on high school baseball that he should know and recognize players outside of central Arkansas

Offline NEATrojans2

• Water Boy
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 08:36:34 pm »
Most of the players that were really talked about are Prospects players. Because well....he owns the prospects.

Offline blue4hire

• 2nd String
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 08:18:46 am »
Most of the players that were really talked about are Prospects players. Because well....he owns the prospects.
No he doesn't

Offline NEATrojans2

• Water Boy
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 09:31:07 am »
No he doesn't
  Well. Menard. He is a Prospects guy first and foremost and always has been and always will be. It is not a knock on him. As he should be. Do more research and quit holding grudges and overlooking players simply because of personal or professional preferences. To act as though he doesnít have a bias toward prospects players would be as absolutely insane as saying Brewster doesnít have a bias toward Sticks players. Why would they not? It is part of their lively hood

Offline blue4hire

• 2nd String
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 10:15:13 am »
Disclaimer:  Kbo is a personal friend of mine but I have no affiliation with the prospects or any other showcase team

What is absolutely insane is complaining about a guy that is doing as much as anyone in the entire state is doing to promote high school baseball. He spends countless hours talking with coaches all over the state to obtain information.  How is he expected to cover the entire lineup of every team in a short radio segment with callers who want to do 5 minutes on the book they read or why Sam Pittman should already be fired for not recruiting any 5 stars?  I would bet that in the time he has been doing a baseball segment on DTS he has mentioned hundreds of players, surely they don't all play for the Prospects do they?  Does he have more knowledge and relationships with the Prospects players? Absolutely. Is that bias?  I could see that argument, but to say he is holding a grudge against non-prospects because he didn't talk about player X on team in A in NWA is nuts.  Did you ever stop to think that when Kbo spoke with the coach that maybe the coach didn't promote that player either? Kbo has an easy to find social media presence and is easy to contact.  How about letting him know your concerns or promote the players and teams you think are being overlooked instead of making accusations on a message board?  I'm sure Kbo would appreciate all the help he can get in promoting Arkansas prep baseball.

Offline NEATrojans2

• Water Boy
Re: C’mon KBo, you did the 6A West wrong!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 10:50:47 am »
Disclaimer:  Kbo is a personal friend of mine but I have no affiliation with the prospects or any other showcase team

What is absolutely insane is complaining about a guy that is doing as much as anyone in the entire state is doing to promote high school baseball. He spends countless hours talking with coaches all over the state to obtain information.  How is he expected to cover the entire lineup of every team in a short radio segment with callers who want to do 5 minutes on the book they read or why Sam Pittman should already be fired for not recruiting any 5 stars?  I would bet that in the time he has been doing a baseball segment on DTS he has mentioned hundreds of players, surely they don't all play for the Prospects do they?  Does he have more knowledge and relationships with the Prospects players? Absolutely. Is that bias?  I could see that argument, but to say he is holding a grudge against non-prospects because he didn't talk about player X on team in A in NWA is nuts.  Did you ever stop to think that when Kbo spoke with the coach that maybe the coach didn't promote that player either? Kbo has an easy to find social media presence and is easy to contact.  How about letting him know your concerns or promote the players and teams you think are being overlooked instead of making accusations on a message board?  I'm sure Kbo would appreciate all the help he can get in promoting Arkansas prep baseball.

Nah. No accusations. He is not a bad guy. Nor is any of the rest Showcase guys. All have a job. And it’s first purpose is to make money. I know most of the teams that he discussed.  I know all the showcase guys fairly well.  If you don’t think they ALWAYS have an underlying agenda to push their guys first and foremost, you should re-evaluate your judgement on that. The segment is great. Unless you know who plays for who, who is recruiting who to move showcase teams, who has angered and cut short who, etc, then it just seems like a guy discussing high school baseball. But at the end of the day, many that were discussed within team dynamics are kids that are involved with, being recruited heavily by or those not discussed have hacked in somebody Cheerios or angered the prospects organization. And don’t misunderstand me.  It’s a great organization. In fact Arkansas has three organizations that have really changed baseball - Prospects, Perfect Timing and Sticks.  Again, it is not knock on him being a Prospects guy first and foremost, I would be disappointed in him if he wasn’t; as would, many of the parents of Prospects players, as they should be. I know I would be excited if I owned an organization and one my guys got to do that. Even if for the slightest advantage. It’s business

And lastly, dude knows baseball as does Menard. And JT. And Brewster. They have forever changed baseball. AR has always had some good baseball. They have brought it to light
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 10:55:32 am by NEATrojans2 »

Offline arenaboy10

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 02:05:04 pm »

No question, we do need more like him. The likes of he, Brewster, and Andy Menard(I know theres more) are a big part of why Arkansas has 27 POWER 5 conference commits in the 2020 and 2021 class. And dozens of other D1 commits to boot. That was unheard of 8-10 years ago.. This state has never seen baseball talent like we have now.
I just think when he goes on the air to talk about HS baseball he should stick w/ central AR conferences or what he knows.. Other than that, hats off to him..

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center