Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Wednesday, April 1st, 2020.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Good Job Russellville, way to be AAA's money slave  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Rayburn

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: Good Job Russellville, way to be AAA's money slave
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2020, 11:04:39 am »
Apparently you haven't seen too much basketball especially in the summer, these kids get catered to and when they step on the high school athletics platform the refs all of a sudden can't hold their water.
Is it your contention that the best high school players should be catered to in high school like they are catered to in AAU?
If that what is you're saying, you've lost everyone who loves amateur sports.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:08:28 am by Rayburn »

Offline Rayburn

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2020, 11:06:39 am »
Stop singling out teams that are competitive with worthless officials who may or may not have hidden or private instructions  catered to the outcome of the game.
May or may not?
This is a serious allegation. If you have information that this is happening, and you're truly interested in fairness, you need to come out with it. I am a reporter and will blow the lid off a story like this.
If you don't have any actual information this is happening, then it's hard to think anything except you're just bloviating because you didn't get your way. I'm making no judgments at this point, just pointing out how things like this are received when you can't back it up, or hedge on your accusations with things like "may or may not". It either is or isn't. If it is, I would like to know. Everyone would. It can't be tolerated.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:12:43 am by Rayburn »

Offline TheExpert

• Water Boy
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2020, 03:16:06 pm »
May or may not?
This is a serious allegation. If you have information that this is happening, and you're truly interested in fairness, you need to come out with it. I am a reporter and will blow the lid off a story like this.
If you don't have any actual information this is happening, then it's hard to think anything except you're just bloviating because you didn't get your way. I'm making no judgments at this point, just pointing out how things like this are received when you can't back it up, or hedge on your accusations with things like "may or may not". It either is or isn't. If it is, I would like to know. Everyone would. It can't be tolerated.

Not sure who you are but judging off the fact that one of my honest post was just deleted we may need to find a way to get in contact with each other.

Offline sevenof400

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Head Coach
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2020, 05:14:19 pm »
Excuse me sir id like to be first to apologize for giving my opinion in a free country. If your PHD serves you right you may be in the wrong field since you think your entitled to give your diagnosis. No need to ask anyone to give me some slack on what you all can see with your own eyes. I apologize for having the balls to talk about it.

Given the way you've introduced yourself around these parts, neutering may be on the horizon. 

Dial it back a bit. 

Offline Chief_Osceola™

• Hall of Famer
  • 'Nets & 'Noles
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2020, 10:19:49 pm »
Given the way you've introduced yourself around these parts, neutering may be on the horizon. 

Dial it back a bit. 

Offline TROJANS18

• 2nd String
  • htosports.com/hotspringstrojansfootball
    • Hot Springs Trojans Football Page
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2020, 12:24:23 pm »
Thanks that was very liberal of you, its not the fact that the tournament isn't held where i would like it to be but the fact that it has been in this area before. Hard to understand why Sheridan didn't get it. Im Lost......On top of the fact that the Finals is in Hot Springs every year..... no point in that...
look how long it was held in little rock. And then they tried pine bluff and we all know what happened with that. But hot springs is a tourist town plus we got all these area schools with gyms and in a fifteen mile radius. That's why it's in hot springs.

Offline TROJANS18

• 2nd String
  • htosports.com/hotspringstrojansfootball
    • Hot Springs Trojans Football Page
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2020, 12:26:54 pm »
Thanks that was very liberal of you, its not the fact that the tournament isn't held where i would like it to be but the fact that it has been in this area before. Hard to understand why Sheridan didn't get it. Im Lost......On top of the fact that the Finals is in Hot Springs every year..... no point in that...
look how long it was held in little rock. And then they tried pine bluff and we all know what happened with that. But hot springs is a tourist town plus we got all these area schools with gyms and in a fifteen mile radius. That's why it's in hot springs.
someone mentioned something about teams not getting to practice I hear that all the teams that make the finals are set up at the area high schools and given good hours to practice. The YMCA even opens their gym up for the finals

Offline loveallball

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2020, 04:51:14 pm »
As an fyi....there is little to no money made by the home team hosting a tourney. They get a small % and by the time lights, non volunteer staff, wear and tear on the faculty, and other things....many times it’s close to a break even proposition. This will vary of course but true in many cases.

Offline arenaboy10

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2020, 04:58:28 pm »
Although it is not in a good location and the place has hosted a tournament before. I do not think that it is fair to continue to let these places repeatedly host tournaments. Not saying that it needs to be in Pulaski county but it does need to be somewhere new. But we know that AAA has its buddies and will make sure they are comfortable no matter where they have to have this thing. What a waste of time, you guys are terrible and we all know you are all snakes. Wont be long before I have an open discussion about the kid from Alma and now he is a cyclone or about the officiating that you tamper with during 5A and 6A tournaments. Not to mention how you officiate games that include future razorbacks. SCUM!!!

Just ask Rogers or Marion. You people are disgusting...

your wasting your time AAA is a joke..

Offline The_Pioneer

• Assistant Coach
  • Go Pioneers
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2020, 07:47:08 pm »
Although it is not in a good location and the place has hosted a tournament before. I do not think that it is fair to continue to let these places repeatedly host tournaments. Not saying that it needs to be in Pulaski county but it does need to be somewhere new. But we know that AAA has its buddies and will make sure they are comfortable no matter where they have to have this thing. What a waste of time, you guys are terrible and we all know you are all snakes. Wont be long before I have an open discussion about the kid from Alma and now he is a cyclone or about the officiating that you tamper with during 5A and 6A tournaments. Not to mention how you officiate games that include future razorbacks. SCUM!!!

Just ask Rogers or Marion. You people are disgusting...

Thank you for your sharing your especially upset with us.  No one cares.  But thanks anyway.

Offline zebrafan

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2020, 08:14:13 pm »
What happened with that? Drop me your knowledge in a PM.

Offline TheExpert

• Water Boy
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2020, 11:07:00 am »
Thank you for your sharing your especially upset with us.  No one cares.  But thanks anyway.

Actually dude your reading this and had the nerve to comment. No one cares. You guys are idiots.. ... now go back and hide under a rock....

Offline TheExpert

• Water Boy
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2020, 11:16:43 am »

your wasting your time AAA is a joke..

I appreciate the gesture. Best response ive gotten yet. Everyone else is in denial about how horrible these dudes are. Thanks

Offline VHSCoach2

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • All Star
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2020, 11:30:36 am »
Actually dude your reading this and had the nerve to comment. No one cares. You guys are idiots.. ... now go back and hide under a rock....

I believe you were asked by an admin of the site to dial it back a bit. You might want to consider that.

Tread lightly.

Offline TheExpert

• Water Boy
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2020, 11:35:09 am »
I believe you were asked by an admin of the site to dial it back a bit. You might want to consider that.

Tread lightly.

Actually since i expressed my opinion Ive been verbally attacked, and even had another thread deleted. This was days ago when I started the thread and forgot about it. Didnt know this was the home of officials or whoever and I also didnt know I could not have an opinion. I dialed it back and said nothing since then but to each his own. So of these dudes act like im coming for them...

Offline JessieP

• All Star
  • Take down the scoreboards.
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2020, 11:40:00 am »
Actually since i expressed my opinion Ive been verbally attacked, and even had another thread deleted. This was days ago when I started the thread and forgot about it. Didnt know this was the home of officials or whoever and I also didnt know I could not have an opinion. I dialed it back and said nothing since then but to each his own. So of these dudes act like im coming for them...

While I disagree with your initial post and am a staunch defender of officials (they do the best they can) I am 100% on board with “the AAA is a joke” school of thought. Arkansas has 2 separate sets of rules for schools, the good old boy network is alive and well.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2020, 12:20:57 pm »

you're

Offline blueandwhite

• Bench Warmer
  • I love Fearless Friday!
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2020, 12:53:36 pm »

This is a privately controlled the website. So if you don't like it, get off it. You are the one that started this thread.
The one thing the moderators do, that I like, is they keep the gossip and allegations off the page. Especially if it involves the athletes.

Offline TheExpert

• Water Boy
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2020, 03:01:13 pm »
This is a privately controlled the website. So if you don't like it, get off it. You are the one that started this thread.
The one thing the moderators do, that I like, is they keep the gossip and allegations off the page. Especially if it involves the athletes.

Sure ::)

Offline The_Pioneer

• Assistant Coach
  • Go Pioneers
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2020, 03:51:50 pm »
Everyone here knows the AAA is a joke.  We've known it for years.  You've just managed to be over the top shrill and annoying about it.  In short, you're boring and an uninteresting poster.  Come back when you have some actual new information worthy of "TheExpert".  Or continue so you can be banned and we don't have to read your posts anymore, telling us what we've all been saying for years.

Offline TheExpert

• Water Boy
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2020, 04:11:12 pm »
Everyone here knows the AAA is a joke.  We've known it for years.  You've just managed to be over the top shrill and annoying about it.  In short, you're boring and an uninteresting poster.  Come back when you have some actual new information worthy of "TheExpert".  Or continue so you can be banned and we don't have to read your posts anymore, telling us what we've all been saying for years.

Sure, dont forget to stop by the suggestion box on your way out.

Offline rzrbackfan

• Water Boy
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2020, 03:04:45 pm »
I have given you options on how you can fix these problems.

How to fix the state tournament location- talk to your school admin about your concerns. Maybe you have an idea that they have not had, and would take it to the AAA.

Bad officiating- We need more officials so that we can prepare them for speed and physicality of the game in the higher classifications. We need younger people to step to be officials that can keep up with the speed of some games. I know personally that I am getting older, and every year it is getting harder for me to keep up in some games. Have a missed calls because I have been out position because I was too slow, yes I have.

So what are your answers to the questions you have brought up?
I am not a fan of the triple A.  I would love nothing more than to see them disbanded and a new group take control.  BUT that's not going to happen so there isn't any reason to complain.

Tournament location???  Yes from who is in the AAA they decide who gets the tournament and who doesn't.  Does it make any sense?  Most of the time no it doesn't.  I am from NWA and can tell you that PA put in a good bid to get the basketball tourney there after the AAA asked them to put in a bid.  They weren't going to put in a bid because they had never gotten the tourney and felt it was a waste of their time.  So they did put in a really good bid with plenty of hotel options with discounts for the teams and offered plenty of money to the AAA, and like they thought their bid was thrown out for a location that wasn't set up as well.  Again the AAA is what it is so we have to live with it.

Bad officiating???  Is there anyone out there that will really expect to see better officiating then what we currently see?  Its like baseball!  EVERYONE yells at the umpire for his calls.  No one goes and tells the officials how good they did!  If you get any calls against you then it was BAD.  Its also part of the sport.  Do some officials call games against certain teams more than others.  Answer would be yes!  Its human nature.  But overall I think the officiating in AR is pretty good!!  Can't complain against any of them!!!  And to your point if you don't like it go change it.  I know I DON'T want to officiate any games anytime soon!!!  I will admit any official at a game I am at is underpaid and I really should hand them and extra $50 just to put up with me!

Offline WarriorFan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2020, 08:24:16 am »
I think the AAA should release all the Hardship granted data, and school choice data, and transfer student data to all School districts. that way we can see who has moved school and the info on why they moved. and the reason AAA granted the transfer. Full disclosure from AAA on all transfer students. 

Offline Sporty

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2020, 02:08:48 pm »
I think the AAA should release all the Hardship granted data, and school choice data, and transfer student data to all School districts. that way we can see who has moved school and the info on why they moved. and the reason AAA granted the transfer. Full disclosure from AAA on all transfer students.
Excellent idea!!

Offline BoxNOne

• All Star
  • Put me in Coach...
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2020, 09:52:22 am »

This is a great idea that definitely will not happen. Transparency is not a AAA strong suit.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center