Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, December 6th, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: How’s the 4A-1 looking this year?  (Read 844 times)

Online Baller91

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
How’s the 4A-1 looking this year?
« on: November 20, 2019, 12:44:22 pm »
Curious to hear how everyone thinks the conference will shake out this year. Harrison and Farmington will probably be at the top, but where will everyone else fall?

Offline MoTownDog

• Bench Warmer
Re: How’s the 4A-1 looking this year?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 04:05:38 pm »
Curious to hear how everyone thinks the conference will shake out this year. Harrison and Farmington will probably be at the top, but where will everyone else fall?

Farminton
Harrison
Berryville
Gravett
Gentry
Pea Ridge
Praire Grove
Shiloh Christian

Farmington and Harrison has all their athletes playing year around.  That's the difference.  Farmington has one that's listed in the top 20 players in the state I believe.  Been racking up wins by 30 points.

Harrison had to wait for an 10-0 football team to get done.  But I'm sure they will be tough as always.

Berryville Lost their good big girl this year but still playing good.

Gravette Has probably the best point guard in 4 A.  She will knock down the 3's.

Gentry has a good big post player and good point guard.  I can see Berryville, Gravette, Gentry and Pea Ridge splitting games this year. 

Pea Ridge lost some Sr's I think.  They have a couple good Jr but won't be as good this year.

Prairie Grove will struggle again.  Not sure what's going on there.

Shiloh has a 6'3, 6'2, and a 6'1 girls and should dominate 4A.  Somebody needs to figure it out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:57:54 am by MoTownDog »

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 05:11:07 pm »
Farminton
Harrison
Gravett
Gentry
Pea Ridge
Praire Grove
Shiloh Christian

Farmington and Harrison has all their athletes playing year around.  That's the difference.  Farmington has one that's listed in the top 20 players in the state I believe.  Been racking up wins by 30 points.

Harrison had to wait for an 10-0 football team to get done.  But I'm sure they will be tough as always.

Gravette Has probably the best point guard in 4 A.  She will knock down the 3's.

Gentry has a good big post player and good point guard. 

Pea Ridge lost some Sr's I think.  They have a couple good Jr but won't be as good this year.

Prairie Grove will struggle again.  Not sure what's going on there.

Shiloh has a 6'3, 6'2, and a 6'1 girls and should dominate 4A.  Somebody needs to figure it out.

On the girls team they simply don't have enough girls playing anymore like they did in the previous decades, and I just can't pin point why   ??? ... Once all the talent dried up from their really good runs they simply didn't have the roster numbers to replace graduation of good groups. There are some years it shocks me how few girls are playing on a 4A team which has so much tradition.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 06:41:10 pm by beach bum »

Offline MoTownDog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 07:00:02 am »
I was excited to see Shiloh with a new coach last year but not much has changed.

Offline MoTownDog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 01:38:03 pm »
And Farmington was just ranked 28th in the nation.  May be a tough game for these other true 4A schools!

Offline brock

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 01:55:34 pm »
And Farmington was just ranked 28th in the nation.  May be a tough game for these other true 4A schools!

Come on you do realize Maxpreps is a joke right? There is no way they are even Top 200 in the nation.

Offline Gray lizard

• All Star
  • Go Apaches Go
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 02:05:14 pm »
Come on you do realize Maxpreps is a joke right? There is no way they are even Top 200 in the nation.
I tend to agree.

Offline Gray lizard

• All Star
  • Go Apaches Go
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 02:07:07 pm »
What do the Harrison girls return?  I enjoyed watching them play a couple time last season.

Offline MoTownDog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 02:36:34 pm »
What do the Harrison girls return?  I enjoyed watching them play a couple time last season.

They actual lost several decent players to their soccer program.  They are really good in soccer and they wanted to dedicate all their time to it.

They only show 8 on the roster for this year but I recognize several of the better players still there.  I do know their starting point guard is out for 6 weeks
with a foot fracture. 

I would look for a slow start maybe as they haven't played yet and missing their guard.  I see most of their players all over the US playing in big tourneys throughout the summer.  They put in the time and will always be good.

Offline Walter s

• Water Boy
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 11:25:12 pm »
From what I’ve seen so far, Farmington girls looking like best team in conference easily, although Harrison may challenge them. They’ve only played 1 game so not much to go on. I expect the Gobs to finish 2nd. Pea Ridge and Berryville are also looking pretty good right now. It’s early, but I wouldn’t be surprised if 4A-1 sweeps regionals.4A-4 is down. Maybe Morrilton could sneak in idk. We’re just getting started but 4A-1 has some teams playing pretty good ball already

Online Baller91

• Water Boy
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 11:39:24 pm »
What about the boys side?

Offline MoTownDog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 09:28:19 am »
From what I’ve seen so far, Farmington girls looking like best team in conference easily, although Harrison may challenge them. They’ve only played 1 game so not much to go on. I expect the Gobs to finish 2nd. Pea Ridge and Berryville are also looking pretty good right now. It’s early, but I wouldn’t be surprised if 4A-1 sweeps regionals.4A-4 is down. Maybe Morrilton could sneak in idk. We’re just getting started but 4A-1 has some teams playing pretty good ball already

Morrilton has one to watch.  Cheyenne Kemp.  She's the real deal.  9th grader playing up and scoring 20-30 a game.

Harrison lost by 20 last night to Kickapoo in Springfield MO but I suspect they are a big school and probably really good.

Offline MoTownDog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 09:34:08 am »

LOL, yes I do.  I was trying to get some 5A playing down to 4A chatter going on thanks to AAA.

That's the first thing our fans do is grip about having to play a big 5A school when they loose.  It never bothers me.  If you want to
dedicate yourself to the game and get better it doesn't matter who you play.  1A vs 6A or 4A vs 5A.  Get good and whip their tails.

Your're not ever going beat a Farmington team if you wait until October to pick a basketball up every year.  These are soon to be college athletes
and play year round to better themselves. 

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 09:43:21 am by MoTownDog »

Offline Walter s

• Water Boy
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 11:41:49 am »
Morrilton has one to watch.  Cheyenne Kemp.  She's the real deal.  9th grader playing up and scoring 20-30 a game.

Harrison lost by 20 last night to Kickapoo in Springfield MO but I suspect they are a big school and probably really good.
yeah I remember her from jr high. Between her and Pinion on the boys side those two youngsters will keep Morrilton b-ball on the map next few years.

Offline Elvis Hoggoblin

• Starter
  • Goblin Victory! Hog Victory!What could be sweeter?
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2019, 01:54:45 pm »
Harrison lost 1 starter....a good one, but only one starter, and their 1st off bench. 
Harrison girls will be fine.

Offline brock

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 10:58:01 am »

There are plenty of “bad” big schools. I”m sure Kickapoo is good, but the classification size means very little especially in Girls. Year in year out there are several small schools that can play with and beat much larger schools. I believe a lot of that goes to the fact that many smaller schools primarily focus on basketball. Most smaller schools aren’t competing with multiple sports at their given school for the best athletes. I’ve been to some larger classification games 5-6A where the stands are empty even though they have amazing facilities. It is actually kinda sad in a way that with a student body as big as many of them have that they can’t get behind their programs a little more. BTW I’m sure Harrison girls will still be very good. They seem to have tradition of good girls basketball teams and that part of the state always seems to produce good basketball.

Offline basketballjones

• Water Boy
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 08:16:50 pm »
BOYS
1. Harrison
2. Farmington
3. Berryville
4. Huntsville
5. Pea Ridge/Gravette
6. Pea Ridge/Gravette
7. Prairie Grove
8. Gentry
9. Shiloh
Harrison is just too physical for everyone else. Farmington has a loaded 10th grade class. Berryville and Huntsville will both be solid on both sides of the floor. Pea Ridge and Gravette are pretty equal but I'll give Pea Ridge the slight edge with Coach Loyd. Prairie Grove has alot of size. Gentry has some athletic pieces. Shiloh will be at the bottom. New coach but I doubt there is any new excitement at that school.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:35:22 pm by basketballjones »

Offline MoTownDog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 01:21:30 pm »
I would love to see Harrison beat Farmington.  But if they played right now Farmington would win. 

Online Cardfan1

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 03:36:21 pm »
I would love to see Harrison beat Farmington.  But if they played right now Farmington would win.

Ouch!! Why the hate? ;D Is that just boys or is the Cardinal hate crossing genders to the girls side as well? Lol

Offline MoTownDog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2019, 09:03:17 pm »
Ouch!! Why the hate? ;D Is that just boys or is the Cardinal hate crossing genders to the girls side as well? Lol

No hate.  U know everybody likes to see number 1 fall.

I’ve watched your girls and Harrison girls play all summer.  I just wish our girls would take it as serious.   Right now I would say farmington has a better ball team than Harrison.  That’s just my opinion though.  We have friends that play for both teams.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center