Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Thursday, December 5th, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Clarendon  (Read 1714 times)

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
Clarendon
« on: November 18, 2019, 02:17:30 am »
Let's get this going.  Clarendon travels to Hermitage Tuesday.  Anyone have any idea what kind of talent the Hermits have this year?
I haven't seen the final roster for Clarendon this season but they return most of last season's runner up team.  We will be missing Stewart who is sitting out his Sr season but also have the addition of McAdoo who is an all around outstanding ahlete.

Offline jbtiger73

• Starter
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: Clarendon
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:13:04 pm »
Sitting out? What's the reason behind that momma?

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 02:12:42 am »
I haven't heard the reason he's not playing.  Just that he's choosing to not play.  I did see an updated roster on Maxpreps today that lists 14 players.  Looks like a good bunch but with football just ending a few days ago, they haven't had much practice.

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 12:00:26 am »
Clarendon wins all 4 games against Hermitage. Sr boys 30-79 playing everybody on the bench and Sr girls 66-75.

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 12:04:16 am »
JB, I'm told that Keylon just didn't want to play. Also we got to see some showing out on Sr boys with McAdoo getting a dunk.
Sr girls mush improved although really young... they brought up a hand full of freshmen that add tremendously to the team.

Offline da greatest bigbaby

• 2nd String
  • oh really but we b dem lion greats blowout tyme
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 03:48:00 pm »
The lions get the blowout win in the hoop season open'r over hermitage 79-30 wow  go lions win state

Offline RiverRat82

• Cheerleader
  • Go Lions!! Hate Ole Miss!!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 11:17:37 pm »
After tonight's win over Stuttgart The boys are really looking good.  I know it's early, but this team could end up being one of the best I've seen in a couple of years.  after only two games they look to be in mid season form.  very strong top 12 players.  Coach can really mix up the starting five and not have any drop off in talent.
I'm very impressed with the SR Girls and how much improved they are from previous years.  They might finish top 3 in Conference.  Reminds me of the 79-82 Lady Lions team when I was in school.

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 12:14:30 am »
I was extremely impressed with the Sr girls team.  Definitely the best i've seen in years.  The problem with them though is going to be depth...only 9 or 10 on the team...and we had to move up the freshmen so they are young, but very scrappy.  If they can keep their focus, they are going to be tough.
The boys look really good early in the season.  It's going to be a great season for both teams  ;D

Offline RiverRat82

• Cheerleader
  • Go Lions!! Hate Ole Miss!!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 12:40:10 am »
This will be a fun season to watch the Mighty Lion BB program  as a whole: JR Girls/Boys & SR Girls/Boys. 

Coach Perry should have at least 4 strong years to work with and build on with the girls. Moving into 1A next year, this will be a good thing. Although I don't think our 1A-5 conf will be very strong next year.

Offline jbtiger73

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 03:49:54 pm »
To be honest, especially with the girls, the 1A girls competition is much better than 2A overall. But the boys should do pretty well. But team like Nevada, and Izard County are definitely tough as nails. They play more games with no football. They live and breathe it.

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 04:56:53 pm »
To be honest, especially with the girls, the 1A girls competition is much better than 2A overall. But the boys should do pretty well. But team like Nevada, and Izard County are definitely tough as nails. They play more games with no football. They live and breathe it.
I don’t think anybody in 2a can play with ICC this year maybe not even next year!

Offline i40traveler

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 07:23:16 pm »
McAdoo is an excellent player

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 11:13:33 pm »
We'll hold our own even against the basketball only schools.  I'm not saying that we will tear through the division but they'll definitely know we are there.

Offline birddawg1986

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2019, 07:32:20 am »
I don’t think anybody in 2a can play with ICC this year maybe not even next year!
ICC would have a tall task going thru 2A-6 every night. As for girls NEA got some of the best 2A schools in the state.

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 04:22:51 pm »
We'll hold our own even against the basketball only schools.  I'm not saying that we will tear through the division but they'll definitely know we are there.
No disrespect but y’all wouldn’t stay within 10 of ICC and they might beat y’all by 20 they are loaded! They would have won 2a or 3a easy last year!

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 04:23:44 pm »
ICC would have a tall task going thru 2A-6 every night. As for girls NEA got some of the best 2A schools in the state.
not this or last sorry it’s just the truth!

Offline PTplayer

• Water Boy
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 09:12:11 pm »
Isn't Clarendon going to 1a next year? If so will be fun to watch them dominate 1a

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 01:07:50 am »
Yes, Clarendon and Marked Tree both go to 1A next season.  As I said, we don't expect to come in and dominate but they'll definitely know that we're there.  Should be fun.

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 01:10:20 am »
No disrespect but y’all wouldn’t stay within 10 of ICC and they might beat y’all by 20 they are loaded! They would have won 2a or 3a easy last year!

Folks thought that we'd fall apart last year too when Malik got hurt, but the younger kids stepped up big time.  Now those younger kids are Seniors and have a load of Sophomore talent to add to the mix.  The only thing we're missing right now is size...we have height but not much size.

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 06:22:21 am »
Folks thought that we'd fall apart last year too when Malik got hurt, but the younger kids stepped up big time.  Now those younger kids are Seniors and have a load of Sophomore talent to add to the mix.  The only thing we're missing right now is size...we have height but not much size.
you’re not listening has nothing to do with y’all falling apart or anything besides ICC is that good! It’s lucky for y’all and us and ever team in 2a that we are not in 1a! They will be real good next year too but they do lose one of there studs next year!

Offline birddawg1986

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2019, 10:05:12 am »
you’re not listening has nothing to do with y’all falling apart or anything besides ICC is that good! It’s lucky for y’all and us and ever team in 2a that we are not in 1a! They will be real good next year too but they do lose one of there studs next year!
ICC would struggle in 2A

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2019, 03:03:24 pm »
ICC would struggle in 2A
. No they wouldn’t! Go get y’all some!

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2019, 11:19:47 pm »
I'm not saying they aren't this phenom team you spout them to be.  I'm saying that I believe enough in my team to not worry about it.  I'd like to see them play sometime but still not worried.

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2019, 10:23:04 am »
I'm not saying they aren't this phenom team you spout them to be.  I'm saying that I believe enough in my team to not worry about it.  I'd like to see them play sometime but still not worried.
I’m not spiting they pretty much prove it!

Offline Flatlander

• Cheerleader
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2019, 05:45:12 pm »
Just my .02 cents. I watched MT, and ICC both play last year. MT had trouble with Tuckerman. ICC beat them 40. They would have won 2A last year, they would win 2A this year, and would compete well in it next year, if not win it.

And this year, I don’t know a 1A or 2A team that would play them within 20. And not very many 3A teams for that matter.

They’re the real deal. Trust me. I watch a lot of high school games. Travel to watch good teams play, go to tournaments. I watch a lot of basketball. No one in the lower classifications hold a candle to them this year.

Offline birddawg1986

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2019, 01:53:53 pm »
Just my .02 cents. I watched MT, and ICC both play last year. MT had trouble with Tuckerman. ICC beat them 40. They would have won 2A last year, they would win 2A this year, and would compete well in it next year, if not win it.

And this year, I don’t know a 1A or 2A team that would play them within 20. And not very many 3A teams for that matter.

They’re the real deal. Trust me. I watch a lot of high school games. Travel to watch good teams play, go to tournaments. I watch a lot of basketball. No one in the lower classifications hold a candle to them this year.
They are really good, but they aren't winning 2A or 3A. One game doesn't constitute how a team would fair vs everyone. They should have stayed in the NEA and we could at least said maybe they ARE the best team 1A.2A,3A in NE Ark.

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2019, 02:09:35 pm »
They are really good, but they aren't winning 2A or 3A. One game doesn't constitute how a team would fair vs everyone. They should have stayed in the NEA and we could at least said maybe they ARE the best team 1A.2A,3A in NE Ark.
they can’t they are 1a but if they played in it they would!

Offline birddawg1986

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 02:50:57 pm »
they can’t they are 1a but if they played in it they would!
I'm going to try to watch them play this weekend in the Barry Pruitt Hurricane Classic. Be tuff for them playing the big schools but will only make them better. Heard they were going out of state to Xmas tournament. Be a nice trip for those kids.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:53:45 pm by birddawg1986 »

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 04:32:04 pm »
I'm going to try to watch them play this weekend in the Barry Pruitt Hurricane Classic. Be tuff for them playing the big schools but will only make them better. Heard they were going out of state to Xmas tournament. Be a nice trip for those kids.
yes that will be a nice trip!

Offline Flatlander

• Cheerleader
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2019, 08:04:51 am »

They would have walked through the NEA last year. And would again this year. They have to play in the bigger tournaments to get competition. You're right, 1 game doesnt. But they didnt just play 1 game against larger schools last year. They played several, and held their own in every one of them.

I'm curious, what 2A team would beat them this year? I don't have a dog in the fight, but I've seen them play, and to say that they would struggle in 2A is just flat out incorrect. They would be at the top. No questions asked.

Online MT Legend

• 2nd String
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2019, 02:27:54 pm »

Bring them boys to da tree top and let's see what happens lol!...stay in your lane sir before you call out the tree!...🤷🏾‍♂️

Online MT Legend

• 2nd String
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2019, 02:32:23 pm »
They would have walked through the NEA last year. And would again this year. They have to play in the bigger tournaments to get competition. You're right, 1 game doesnt. But they didnt just play 1 game against larger schools last year. They played several, and held their own in every one of them.

I'm curious, what 2A team would beat them this year? I don't have a dog in the fight, but I've seen them play, and to say that they would struggle in 2A is just flat out incorrect. They would be at the top. No questions asked.

Marked Tree that's who!...

Online Dogg

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2019, 04:28:29 pm »
When you leave MT head down 149 to the Hot Box in Earle

Online Dogg

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2019, 04:29:11 pm »
And stop by Clarendon to

• 2nd String
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2019, 04:42:00 pm »
Go lions whip kipp

Online MT Legend

• 2nd String
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2019, 05:08:53 pm »
When you leave MT head down 149 to the Hot Box in Earle

Mane them WB wouldn't know what hit em!...we a different kinda animal in these parts!...🤷🏾‍♂️

Offline hsindian

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2019, 05:37:21 pm »
I think ICC will beat harbor and end up playing NLR in the second round at Jonesboro. I won’t be surprised to see them beat NLR.

Offline MomaLion

• Head Coach
  • How Bout Them Lions!!!
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2019, 04:47:00 am »
Clarendon had a clean sweep over Kipp Delta last night...Jr girls(all 7th and 8th graders), Sr girls(1/3 of the team are Freshmen) and Sr boys.

• 2nd String
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2019, 06:34:02 am »
 lions by 30 over kipp 71-41 up nxt earle thursday go lions whip em

Online Dogg

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: Today at 09:59:13 pm »
Lions got swept tonight by the bulldogs

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center