Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Tuesday, January 21st, 2020.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Poll

Whos Turn Is It This Year ?

Searcy
5 (5.6%)
Greenwood
53 (58.9%)
Benton
25 (27.8%)
Jonesboro
7 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: The Road To WMS (2019)  (Read 12210 times)

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: The Road To WMS (2019)
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2019, 07:39:33 pm »
Zebra days have come and gone for awhile  ::). Sad days for PB
when was last time Pine Pluff was in star title game and when was searcy last in it! And which school has most state titles!

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2019, 07:01:12 am »
when was last time Pine Pluff was in star title game and when was searcy last in it! And which school has most state titles!
No disrespect intended toward your beloved zebras. They WERE once a power house and feared team. I know people hate to recognize a NEW champion in the making but that is how cycles go. Its nature ! Have a great trip coming up tonight, and I wouldn't count on that rain to much tonight. Enjoy your day sir  ;D

Offline arenaboy10

• Water Boy
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2019, 09:46:04 am »
No disrespect intended toward your beloved zebras. They WERE once a power house and feared team. I know people hate to recognize a NEW champion in the making but that is how cycles go. Its nature ! Have a great trip coming up tonight, and I wouldn't count on that rain to much tonight. Enjoy your day sir  ;D

50% chance at game time..
But i dont think it matters.. The rain isnt going to slow your football team down tonight and it didnt slow them down in your only loss to Jonesboro either.... In fact your QB had one of his best games against the Hurricane. 320 yards, 4 TDs and 28 receptions is pretty salty. In fact the 28 receptions were his 2nd most all year. The Jonesboro Defense just did a great job of bending not breaking.
I dont think this game is close.. Searcy wins by 24 and starts preparing for Greewood.. That is going to be a heck of ball game.

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2019, 10:00:29 am »

It wont be too long before the Z's will again challenge for titles. Both the 8th (undefeated) and 9th (I think lost 2 games) grade teams had very successful seasons and Stinson will have more time to put together a coaching staff.

In the meantime maybe searcy can at least figure out what a champion means. Let me give you a hint because PB is an expert in the field....A championship program is not a program with one conference title in 30 years! It's not acting a fool on a internet message board, proclaiming championships before the game is played. You earn it...on the field and you do so with dignity and respect for your opponent. The only reason I took the time to tell you that is because reading about what it is to be a champion is as close as searcy will get. At the rate searcy's going State Champions every 86 years AND COUNTING you'll die a loser, which probably is going happen anyway.

But hey, now you know...thank you ZD...you're welcome Sterilee.   

Offline arenaboy10

• Water Boy
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2019, 10:07:17 am »
It wont be too long before the Z's will again challenge for titles. Both the 8th (undefeated) and 9th (I think lost 2 games) grade teams had very successful seasons and Stinson will have more time to put together a coaching staff.

In the meantime maybe searcy can at least figure out what a champion means. Let me give you a hint because PB is an expert in the field....A championship program is not a program with one conference title in 30 years! It's not acting a fool on a internet message board, proclaiming championships before the game is played. You earn it...on the field and you do so with dignity and respect for your opponent. The only reason I took the time to tell you that is because reading about what it is to be a champion is as close as searcy will get. At the rate searcy's going State Champions every 86 years AND COUNTING you'll die a loser, which probably is going happen anyway.

Im not a fan of them but college football is a better product when Notre Dame is relevant and competing... Just like
High School football in Arkansas is a much better product when Pine Bluff is relevant and competing..

Offline zebrafan

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2019, 12:08:06 pm »

🔥

Offline Topdog1

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2019, 04:30:16 pm »

You might want to win something before you crown yourself anything other than the 1 seed.   The 1 seed that you achieved due to a Jonesboro loss. 

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2019, 10:08:54 pm »

I wanted to wait till we whooped that as@ to respond to this lame as@ post. We respect no one till after the game is played. You think because PB was once dominant that you have a pass go free card ? Respect is earned on the field year in year out. Last year dont mean chit in football old man. YOU can go ahead and take the dynasty off your name because that chit is over, your just a zebra. See you next year ! NEXT  ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:11:46 pm by Sterilee »

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2019, 10:28:19 pm »
I wanted to wait till we whooped that as@ to respond to this lame as@ post. We respect no one till after the game is played. You think because PB was once dominant that you have a pass go free card ? Respect is earned on the field year in year out. Last year dont mean chit in football old man. YOU can go ahead and take the dynasty off your name because that chit is over, your just a zebra. See you next year ! NEXT  ;D

You act like PB has been down as long as your butt naked last program. We played for the State Championship 3 years ago! What respect have you earned? None! None this year or any year since the 1930's! PB program has NATIONWIDE respect what does searcy have...a empty trophy case with a civil war like picture with some toothless 21 year olds with leather helmets.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:30:01 pm by zebradynasty »

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2019, 10:53:09 pm »
You act like PB has been down as long as your butt naked last program. We played for the State Championship 3 years ago! What respect have you earned? None! None this year or any year since the 1930's! PB program has NATIONWIDE respect what does searcy have...a empty trophy case with a civil war like picture with some toothless 21 year olds with leather helmets.
Did He say 3 yrs ago ? Come on guy , you lost BIG today suck it up and we will see you NEXT year. Better yet it would be better if you moved down to 5A .

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2019, 11:04:45 pm »
Did He say 3 yrs ago ? Come on guy , you lost BIG today suck it up and we will see you NEXT year. Better yet it would be better if you moved down to 5A .

Yes 3 years ago vs shecry's 86 years ago and counting!

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2019, 11:08:51 pm »
Yes 3 years ago vs shecry's 86 years ago and counting!
Sounds like you are crying now ! LMBO , go to bed dude !

Offline zebrafan

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2019, 11:12:53 pm »
Football always has cycles, I remember beating y’all like drum for years..now y’all are getting some revenge ..we won titles while beating y’all though...I hope you win one you little opossum...because that’s one empty trophy case.

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2019, 08:06:09 am »
The road is clearing up , one down three still around  ;D Fear the LION

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2019, 08:08:01 am »
Football always has cycles, I remember beating y’all like drum for years..now y’all are getting some revenge ..we won titles while beating y’all though...I hope you win one you little opossum...because that’s one empty trophy case.
Gotta start some where my friend  ;D

Offline Rams1979

• Band Nerd
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2019, 11:27:38 am »
The road is clearing up , one down three still around  ;D Fear the LION
Searcy has a bulldog blocking their road. I remember my first playoff win too.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:31:21 am by Rams1979 »

Offline LionDad54

• Water Boy
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2019, 08:35:59 pm »
Easy chief, we haven't got there yet. I'm a lion dad , just like my name says. I support our guys whole heartedly ,just like you and the rest of the LION NATION. Let's take it one game at a time. GO LIONS !!!
Trying to figure out what kind of rings the Searcy boys will get  ;D
[/quote]

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2019, 08:13:07 am »
You might want to win something before you crown yourself anything other than the 1 seed.   The 1 seed that you achieved due to a Jonesboro loss.
But we achieved it , get over it  ::)

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2019, 08:16:18 am »
Easy chief, we haven't got there yet. I'm a lion dad , just like my name says. I support our guys whole heartedly ,just like you and the rest of the LION NATION. Let's take it one game at a time. GO LIONS !!!
Trying to figure out what kind of rings the Searcy boys will get  ;D

Times are great for sports here in Searcy with 2 teams doing exceptionally well. Got to luv it  ;D. Both have a chance to bring it home.

Offline Oldbadger

• All Star
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2019, 11:05:53 am »

Times are great for sports here in Searcy with 2 teams doing exceptionally well. Got to luv it  ;D. Both have a chance to bring it home.
All Scarcy will bring home Saralee is their gluteus maximus. lol.

Offline JacketFan

• Starter
  • The Only discipline that lasts, is Self discipline
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2019, 11:14:18 am »
+1 Sir, We may need to send Dr. Phil by this guys house about 9:30 Friday night to console him when Scarcy doesn't win it all.  Lace up the old converse SaraLee, it's basketball time for the Lions.

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2019, 12:27:34 pm »
LMBO , good one  ;D

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2019, 12:30:42 pm »
+1 Sir, We may need to send Dr. Phil by this guys house about 9:30 Friday night to console him when Scarcy doesn't win it all.  Lace up the old converse SaraLee, it's basketball time for the Lions.
Wynne has basketball practice today and they will have their full team.  ;D
You coming over to watch Friday night ?

Offline Baldbarber

• Cheerleader
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2019, 03:54:24 pm »
Well only real regrets from this week's match ups are lake Hamilton  and Jonesboro losing their qbs. Other than that have 2 great match ups of top 4 teams in 6a. Without alot of cross over action to clear up the mud I think everyone left has at least a punchers chance. W.m. and Benton are hitting strides at right time. Greenwood/ lions have been most complete teams. Don't think you will see wide eyes from any of young men. So for prediction if greenwood gets off field on 3rd down it will be good night for Greenwood if they struggle with this going to be a shootout may come down to last one with the ball. If Benton can find balance they had against greenwood they will be tough to beat. But if they try to line up and run over w.m. going to get interesting. And physical. Happy Thanksgiving and come on Friday night.

Offline JacketFan

• Starter
  • The Only discipline that lasts, is Self discipline
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2019, 05:22:45 pm »
Wynne has basketball practice today and they will have their full team.  ;D
You coming over to watch Friday night ?
Not much on coming to watch Searcy get beat, or watching you cry us a river on the 50 yard line when the game is over.  Congrats, you can say you made it one week longer than most teams, but you still won't have a state championship.  Oh well, you still have basketball to look forward too, and a good heaping of crow to eat while watching the title games from home.   ;D

Offline tomdawg55

• Bench Warmer
  • I love Fearless Friday!
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2019, 06:15:05 pm »
Red or white wine with crow?

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2019, 12:57:37 am »
Red or white wine with crow?
I heard chocolate milk washes it down smoother. You better put some in your fridge  ;D

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2019, 12:59:35 am »
I have a question  ;D When Searcy meets Benton at WMS who will be the home team ? Hoping it is us  8) Never mind they have the better conference record I see .

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 01:24:23 am by Sterilee »

Offline Baldbarber

• Cheerleader
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2019, 06:16:49 am »
It alternates yearly last year we where home this year looks like either Benton or west Memphis will be at home. And just so we all clear Greenwood always feels at home at War Memorial Stadium "Smith Robinson East"

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2019, 06:01:59 pm »
It alternates yearly last year we where home this year looks like either Benton or west Memphis will be at home. And just so we all clear Greenwood always feels at home at War Memorial Stadium "Smith Robinson East"
Let me assure you , Littlewood will REALLY feel @ HOME this year 2019. Check that !  ;D They will make it home at 2AM after weeping sessions and counseling !
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:04:33 pm by Sterilee »

Offline Oldbadger

• All Star
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2019, 06:55:37 pm »
I have a question  ;D When Searcy meets Benton at WMS who will be the home team ? Hoping it is us  8) Never mind they have the better conference record I see .

Thanks
I'm not sure it makes any difference which team is home. Both teams fans sit on the same side. And neither team gets any of the concessions. And, its the shady, cold side. Benton and Greenwood fans know all this since they are frequent guest there.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:57:40 pm by Oldbadger »

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2019, 06:10:26 am »
I'm not sure it makes any difference which team is home. Both teams fans sit on the same side. And neither team gets any of the concessions. And, its the shady, cold side. Benton and Greenwood fans know all this since they are frequent guest there.
Well too bad littlewood won't be there this year.

Offline tomdawg55

• Bench Warmer
  • I love Fearless Friday!
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2019, 04:00:14 pm »
Littlewood
That’s about as weak as it gets

Offline Oldbadger

• All Star
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2019, 04:22:07 pm »
One thing I've learned over the years being on Fearless Friday--sometimes things you say (or type in this case) comes back to bite you in the gluteus. Whether the kids read this or not (I'm sure Coach Jones has rule regarding FF) in some way it will get back to them. And when it does all it will do is strengthen the resolve of the Greenwood players to ensure a win. And not only a win, but a runaway. If I were a player for any team, and I was told you were going to beat me, I would make sure, in every way possible, that wouldn't happen. Sometimes a very successful team might come in cocky and feel all they have to do is  show up. That team is ripe for a gluteus kicking. So, Saralee, keep talking. You will only rile the Greenwood players and make yours so overconfident that they will start the game flat. That won't be a good idea. I am not a Greenwood supporter. Just talking the facts. Just the facts.

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2019, 08:09:56 am »
One thing I've learned over the years being on Fearless Friday--sometimes things you say (or type in this case) comes back to bite you in the gluteus. Whether the kids read this or not (I'm sure Coach Jones has rule regarding FF) in some way it will get back to them. And when it does all it will do is strengthen the resolve of the Greenwood players to ensure a win. And not only a win, but a runaway. If I were a player for any team, and I was told you were going to beat me, I would make sure, in every way possible, that wouldn't happen. Sometimes a very successful team might come in cocky and feel all they have to do is  show up. That team is ripe for a gluteus kicking. So, Saralee, keep talking. You will only rile the Greenwood players and make yours so overconfident that they will start the game flat. That won't be a good idea. I am not a Greenwood supporter. Just talking the facts. Just the facts.
Really ! So, my posts are going to make your team that has no talent in 2019 better LMBO  :D. You post gibberish I post real news. You come on down here with your losing team and watch what we do tomorrow. I hope Jones is reading this. Greatness doesn't last forever, ask Nick Saben. You jumped on the littlewood band wagon so bring your tail down here tomorrow and root for a lost cause. I quote "Respect Is Not Given BEFORE The Game ". Who do you think littlewood is scaring ? Not Searcy I can assure you of that. We are going to kick that butt tomorrow and send possums home.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:12:37 am by Sterilee »

Offline jeffslilbro

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2019, 09:33:12 am »
Omg!!!!!!!!!! Please make it stop!!!!! Possum this possum that.  Been the longest week of fearless Friday ever.  Go Greenwood!!!!!! Go Benton!!!!!

Offline Oldbadger

• All Star
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2019, 09:48:00 am »
I'll make it plain and simple. I am not a Greenwood supporter. In most cases I would want them to lose. But not this one. You have pumped your boys up so much they feel all they have to do is show up, Greenwood would just lay down, game over. Greenwood has already experienced this, probably good for them. They won't do it again. Your boys are cocky, to hear you tell it, Greenwood's are determined. You will bear much responsibility for giving Scarcy a false sense of confidence. They will lose because of it. Sorry I won't be able to be there. Got my Arkadelphia Badgers to get to the finals. After this game I will be vehemently against the Bulldogs! They play my Benton Panthers in War Memorial! Dang it's tough to have so many teams in the playoffs. Then, to top it all off, I also support the, get ready for it, Little Rock Christian Warriors! Family connections in all. Eat plenty of turkey, Saralee, tastes much better than crow. Perhaps a turkey/crow sandwich after the game Friday night.lol.

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2019, 10:02:57 am »
I'll make it plain and simple. I am not a Greenwood supporter. In most cases I would want them to lose. But not this one. You have pumped your boys up so much they feel all they have to do is show up, Greenwood would just lay down, game over. Greenwood has already experienced this, probably good for them. They won't do it again. Your boys are cocky, to hear you tell it, Greenwood's are determined. You will bear much responsibility for giving Scarcy a false sense of confidence. They will lose because of it. Sorry I won't be able to be there. Got my Arkadelphia Badgers to get to the finals. After this game I will be vehemently against the Bulldogs! They play my Benton Panthers in War Memorial! Dang it's tough to have so many teams in the playoffs. Then, to top it all off, I also support the, get ready for it, Little Rock Christian Warriors! Family connections in all. Eat plenty of turkey, Saralee, tastes much better than crow. Perhaps a turkey/crow sandwich after the game Friday night.lol.
I like the Badgers great program. What they did last year was amazing. As for you going against my team for no reason is pathetic. So now I will root against your team just because it will hurt your feelings ;D Why do I feel like you are on the wrong board  ::)

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2019, 10:04:36 am »
Omg!!!!!!!!!! Please make it stop!!!!! Possum this possum that.  Been the longest week of fearless Friday ever.  Go Greenwood!!!!!! Go Benton!!!!!
HONESTLY , tell me why you chose Littlewood & Benton ? I'll wait  ::)

Offline Pr8hd

• All Star
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2019, 10:12:01 am »
I like the Badgers great program. What they did last year was amazing. As for you going against my team for no reason is pathetic. So now I will root against your team just because it will hurt your feelings ;D Why do I feel like you are on the wrong board  ::)

He's not on the wrong board, he's posted over here for some time (and well before you showed up- we all think as a Searcy guy but who knows who you really are or who you really support). As he mentioned, he's a Benton supporter with family connections (coaching staff). I'd wager he has someone nearer the outcome of things than you or me.

I would expect it to be Benton vs. GW for it all the following week. After that, you may have to find a new wagon to jump on (or off of, if some had their wish).   

Take it easy on the stuffing today because Lord knows you are already full of something.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:21:46 am by Pr8hd »

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2019, 10:16:50 am »
He's not on the wrong board, he's posted over here for some time (and well before you showed up- we all think as a Searcy guy but who knows who you really are or who you really support). As he mentioned, he's a Benton supporter with family connections (coaching staff). I'd wager he has someone nearer the outcome of things than you or me.

I would expect it to be Benton vs. GW for it all the following week. After that, you may have to find a new wagon to jump on (or off of if some had their wish).   

Take it easy on the stuffing today because Lord knows you are already full of something.
He dont know chit !

Offline Oldbadger

• All Star
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2019, 10:32:01 am »
You won't hurt my feelings! lol I posted with the best of them, mainly Greenwood posters. If you can hang with them, you can hang with anyone. Like I said, deep family connections for all three teams. I can post on all three boards and not be considered a troll! Gotta go now. Headed to my mom-in-laws for a great turkey dinner and the three family connections to all three teams. Seriously, I hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving!

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2019, 01:24:27 pm »
You won't hurt my feelings! lol I posted with the best of them, mainly Greenwood posters. If you can hang with them, you can hang with anyone. Like I said, deep family connections for all three teams. I can post on all three boards and not be considered a troll! Gotta go now. Headed to my mom-in-laws for a great turkey dinner and the three family connections to all three teams. Seriously, I hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving!
Thanks Bro  ;D

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2019, 10:16:58 pm »
NEXT  ;D

Offline Oldbadger

• All Star
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2019, 11:41:46 pm »

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2019, 03:06:08 am »
You talking to me?lol
Nope , to Benton  ;D We don't respect them  ;D

Offline Oldbadger

• All Star
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2019, 09:37:16 am »
Nope , to Benton  ;D We don't respect them  ;D
Dang, you still up at 3:00 A.M. Excitement makes for bad sleep.

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2019, 10:11:46 am »
Dang, you still up at 3:00 A.M. Excitement makes for bad sleep.
2 down , 2 coming to town  ;D

Offline Sterilee

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #198 on: November 30, 2019, 10:18:55 am »
This week won't be fun talking smack because there are'nt many Benton posters  ??? You GW guys made it fun.

Offline WTD

• 2nd String
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2019, 10:56:48 am »
This week won't be fun talking smack because there are'nt many Benton posters  ??? You GW guys made it fun.

Sterilee, did you get your confidence from watching film on the benton/greenwood and seeing how Greenwood struggled against Benton’s passing game? I’ll say the QB play for Searcy is impressive. Mark Kelley has done an outstanding job of developing qb’s since he’s been there.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center