Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, November 22nd, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: 4-2A Week 7  (Read 3768 times)

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
4-2A Week 7
« on: October 12, 2019, 08:53:44 am »
Congrats to Magazine, Mountainburg, and Hackett on their wins last night

Magazine vs Lavaca- Magazine by 38

Hector vs Hackett- this wil be the game of the week. I will take Hackett by 2 points here. Hector easily could take this though but I have to pick somebody

Strong vs JC Westside- this one should be kind of close but even with Strong not winning yet I will take them by 13 points to beat Westside here.

**** Has Mountainburg filled this week with an opponent?

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
Re: 4-2A Week 7
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 08:56:43 am »
Magazine by 100 at least....if powell was a turd anyways, but hes one of the best in the biz. Magazine will get mercy rule and start sending the subs.

Hackett vs Hector-this is a battle of the cellar dwellers. Im gonna go with Hackett though. in a close game 8-6

JC westside gets throttled. The ghost of Kenneth Dixons past will be in full swing. Strong is bad but Westside is worse.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 09:17:46 am »
Magazine by 100 at least....if powell was a turd anyways, but hes one of the best in the biz. Magazine will get mercy rule and start sending the subs.

Hackett vs Hector-this is a battle of the cellar dwellers. Im gonna go with Hackett though. in a close game 8-6

JC westside gets throttled. The ghost of Kenneth Dixons past will be in full swing. Strong is bad but Westside is worse.

Lol.... +1000

Offline CantDrive055

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 09:41:02 am »

Dont get it confused, hes not saying Hector scores a touchdown and misses the pat... Hector kicks two field goals. 

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 11:41:06 am »
So you guys are saying that Hackettís defense is better than your defense? Thatís interesting 🤔

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 11:42:48 am »
If Hector doesnít fix play calling it could be a king night again. We gotta tackle better and play assignment football. Get our athletes in space and let them make plays

Offline CantDrive055

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 12:42:21 pm »
If Hector doesnít fix play calling it could be a king night again. We gotta tackle better and play assignment football. Get our athletes in space and let them make plays

That your professional opinion?  Whereíd you get your degree in play calling? What plays would you call? What defense did Magazine run?  Arm chair coaching again.  Classic peewee coach

Online HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 01:14:37 pm »
That your professional opinion?  Whereíd you get your degree in play calling? What plays would you call? What defense did Magazine run?  Arm chair coaching again.  Classic peewee referee

Fixed it for you 🤦 But Maybe WCA has done some coaching....But I know he's refereed some pee wee hoops 😂

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 01:45:52 pm »
That your professional opinion?  Whereíd you get your degree in play calling? What plays would you call? What defense did Magazine run?  Arm chair coaching again.  Classic peewee coach
5-2 with 2 standing DEís, Cover 1 man defense with safety as the free man in the secondary chasing routes. D-Line firing off with no stunts and LBís filling A Gaps almost every play clogging up the middle cuz itís the only run play we run. Canít run the same pass play over and over again though either with Streak/Out combo to left side and Post/Stick combo to the right but only target the right side combo in the 1st Qtr. No such thing as a degree in play calling though just for the record, but you trying to question my football IQ 😂

Offline Hackett34

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 02:01:54 pm »
Hackett will have its hands full against Hector but we can play with them.

Offline CantDrive055

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 02:54:07 pm »
I can promise you thereís not a high school team in the 2a running Cover 1 with man underneath.. one high safety means cover 3. But you still failed to answer one of my questions. What play would you have called?  Itís easy to sit in the stands and say ďwell I wouldnít have called thatĒ after it didnít work. What advice would you give the OC if you were talking to him today

Online Prouddragondad

• 2nd String
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 03:54:30 pm »
Now that week 6 is complete this is my top 5 for the conference.

1. Magazine - Pretty much everyoneís pick to win it and they are playing like the favorite.
2. Mtburg - Can Burg surprise everyone and beat Magazine week 9? Canít overlook Hackett or it wonít matter.
3. Hackett - Important game this week could decide the 3 seed.
4. Hector -  Iím surprised that they are struggling but a win this week could turn things around.
5. Lavaca -  If not taken serious could finish 3rd.

Last 4 weeks are going to be interesting. Good luck to everyone!

Offline CantDrive055

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 04:02:31 pm »
5-2 with 2 standing DEís, Cover 1 man defense with safety as the free man in the secondary chasing routes. D-Line firing off with no stunts and LBís filling A Gaps almost every play clogging up the middle cuz itís the only run play we run. Canít run the same pass play over and over again though either with Streak/Out combo to left side and Post/Stick combo to the right but only target the right side combo in the 1st Qtr. No such thing as a degree in play calling though just for the record, but you trying to question my football IQ 😂

I didnít watch the game but Iím about 100 percent certain they didnít line up with 1 high safety against Doubles (2 receiver to each side) anyway.. thereís no 50 defense (what you called a 5-2) in America that does that.  All 50 defense are a base Cover 4 or 2

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 04:11:42 pm »
I can promise you thereís not a high school team in the 2a running Cover 1 with man underneath.. one high safety means cover 3. But you still failed to answer one of my questions. What play would you have called?  Itís easy to sit in the stands and say ďwell I wouldnít have called thatĒ after it didnít work. What advice would you give the OC if you were talking to him today
Was you there? Definitely not Cover 3. Last night against Magazine I would have ran deuces with 3 and 13 on opposite sides not same side bc they are you 2 biggest playmakers and even trips with 13 to the single side. 13 had 6 catches for 160 yards and scored 3tdís. Youíve gotta get a playmaker like him the ball more. In deuces you can run stick/corner comboís, dig/wheel combo, quick slants with how far Magazines CBís were off the ball, mesh with slots. In trips you can do just about anything to single side such as slant, stick, out, double moves since no safety help over the top. Trip side you can run bubble screen, drag/out/dig combo, slant/wheel/post. You have to create crosses and rubs to get guys free. Same routes over and over wonít work the whole game and if you donít agree with that then idk what to tell you

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2019, 04:13:38 pm »

I didnít watch the game but Iím about 100 percent certain they didnít line up with 1 high safety against Doubles (2 receiver to each side) anyway.. thereís no 50 defense (what you called a 5-2) in America that does that.  All 50 defense are a base Cover 4 or 2
Most of the game we was in 21 not doubles. Iíll agree that itís not normal for them to cover like that in secondary but it was man across the board unless their DBís just didnít know their assignments and chasing routes

Offline CantDrive055

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 04:19:26 pm »
2 by 1 or 21 personnel?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 04:23:03 pm by CantDrive055 »

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 06:12:20 pm »
2 by 1 or 21 personnel?
Weíve always called it 21 personnel but same as 2 by 1 with 2 WRís to the left, 1 to the right, have a S Back and RB beside QB in backfield

Offline alaskanstorm

• Starter
  • Your number 1 high school board. Fearless Fridays!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 08:39:58 pm »
Keep that chin up WCA, Hector has to proud of a tradition to not go down without a fight.   The 'storm has y'all winning out and at worst splitting the hackett and da 'burg game.  You just got to learn Yang gives one heck of a pregame speech.  He doesn't need you adding any kindling to stoke the fire. 

Offline estep0520

• Water Boy
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 07:58:13 am »
Lol.... +1000
[may be the ďworstĒ but our QB is already at 1,000 passing yards and 500 rushing yards on the year, at least we have the best QB and Wide outs in the confrence, also only 3 seniors on this Westside team😉  /quote]

Offline Dragonsvoice

• Starter
  • Bleeding Dragon Blue
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 09:03:19 am »
No we haven't.
Congrats to Magazine, Mountainburg, and Hackett on their wins last night

Magazine vs Lavaca- Magazine by 38

Hector vs Hackett- this wil be the game of the week. I will take Hackett by 2 points here. Hector easily could take this though but I have to pick somebody

Strong vs JC Westside- this one should be kind of close but even with Strong not winning yet I will take them by 13 points to beat Westside here.

**** Has Mountainburg filled this week with an opponent?

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 09:04:01 am »
Lol.... +1000
[may be the ďworstĒ but our QB is already at 1,000 passing yards and 500 rushing yards on the year, at least we have the best QB and Wide outs in the confrence, also only 3 seniors on this Westside team😉  /quote]
Iíll promise you the BEST WR in the conference wears #13 for a different Blue and White team than yours

Offline young_gun

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2019, 09:18:10 am »
Iíll promise you the BEST WR in the conference wears #13 for a different Blue and White team than yours

True the best WR is no doubt in Hector but as a group Westside has 4 at almost 300 yards each.

Offline Hackett34

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2019, 10:58:10 am »
Hope this is the week the young Hornets come out and take care of business. Sounded to me like Hackett keep it close with Mag longer than Hector did. Not that it means much. Hackett and Hector typically play a close game.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2019, 11:12:23 am »
Hector went all out on stopping Scott and Hyatt giving up huge runs by Faughn, Trejo, and Yang plus a long pass to Hall.   Hackett tried more to stop all facets of running allowing Hyatt to get 4 to 7 yards a chunk and keep the chains moving.  When they adjusted to Hyatt, Scott ran wild.   So, two different looks from two different teams.  Both H's had a couple of good athletes on offense.  The Hector QB/WR combo was better against us than Hackett's combo (although Hackett's was good too).  Should make for a good game.

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2019, 11:28:18 am »
True the best WR is no doubt in Hector but as a group Westside has 4 at almost 300 yards each.
I appreciate that, kid is a stud. I will agree this is best JCW team offensively Iíve ever seen. If only they had a defense and didnít wear out late in games

Offline estep0520

• Water Boy
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 12:15:07 pm »
I appreciate that, kid is a stud. I will agree this is best JCW team offensively Iíve ever seen. If only they had a defense and didnít wear out late in games
[/this years offense and 2015 offense is close, our running game was better then,our passing game is better now. But the best ever Westside offense was in 2008. But our wide outs as a whole is the best in This conference and they are all juniors. Individualy the hector receiver is the best. This is the best passing/Running QB weíve ever had. Also smart with the football.quote]

Offline MICHAELSPAPPY

• Starter
    • Michaelspappy's UALR Blogspot
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2019, 02:35:35 pm »
Hackett tried more to stop all facets of running allowing Hyatt to get 4 to 7 yards a chunk and keep the chains moving.

I am no math major but 4 yards a carry adds up to a first down every time and a tired defense by the 4th quarter. Looks like a pretty solid formula as long as it is working.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2019, 03:21:10 pm »
I am no math major but 4 yards a carry adds up to a first down every time and a tired defense by the 4th quarter. Looks like a pretty solid formula as long as it is working.

Agreed.  Our line is coming together and our backs run hard, so, we are feeling pretty confident in our running game right now.

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2019, 08:37:51 pm »
If Hector will get our playmakers the ball in space then I think we pull it out Friday, if not we take yet another loss and fight for not being the 5 seed

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2019, 08:20:39 am »
How is the cellar dweller matchup looking? Hector lineman going to be healthy? Hackett find a new QB yet H34?

Hackett 2
Hector 0

Offline Wildcatalumni21

• Starter
  • Go Big Blue!!
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2019, 10:11:03 am »
How is the cellar dweller matchup looking? Hector lineman going to be healthy? Hackett find a new QB yet H34?

Hackett 2
Hector 0
Cellar dweller is Lavaca vs Westside 🤷🏼‍♂️
Used to be Magazine so donít get too high on your horse, cuz youíre time back at towards the bottom is coming soon. But Iím sure youíll go MIA and bail from here when no longer successful and winning games 🤣. At least 24, 43, and storm have been here thru the tough times so thatís why they respected and you never will be 🤷🏼‍♂️
But no still will have 3 lineman out this week as well

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2019, 10:24:38 am »
hmmm. heated are we.

How do you know I didn't just find out about FF this year? How do you know ill go into hiding? You been spying on me? freak

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 10:29:43 am »
Cellar dweller is Lavaca vs Westside 🤷🏼‍♂️
Used to be Magazine so donít get too high on your horse, cuz youíre time back at towards the bottom is coming soon. But Iím sure youíll go MIA and bail from here when no longer successful and winning games 🤣. At least 24, 43, and storm have been here thru the tough times so thatís why they respected and you never will be 🤷🏼‍♂️
But no still will have 3 lineman out this week as well

True if lavaca and westside were playing this week.

Offline Hackett34

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 10:37:10 am »

Hackett 2
Hector 0

coachc9 that is pretty funny. Not sure what to say, i wish for our conferences sake the Rats where half as good as you think. That being said the Hornets are very young.
Our QB will be OK as long as he doesn't have to hit anyone. Defiantly not the kid i would want running the ball on 4th and 1. Hornets are setting at 4 and 2. Are 4 wins have come against teams with a combined record of 5-20 on the season. We have not beat a team with a winning record this year. Lost blowouts to Mansfield and Magazine. Who have a combined record of 9-2. I think the Hornets will beat Hector this week. Will be a good game but we should win 26-18. coachc9 have not once this year said we are anything special. We are picked to finish last in conference. Hoping to finish this year strong because next year is going to be nasty moving to 3A. 

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2019, 10:43:33 am »
My head hurts reading that....so many grammatical errors.

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 10:45:20 am »
So same qb is still starting for the hornets. You were ready to cut him from the team a few weeks ago. You guys guys beat a powerhouse in Rose Bud last week and Hector is coming off a loss to the conference favorites. Ill go with hackett in a close game

Hackett 3
Hector 2

Offline Hackett34

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2019, 10:54:49 am »
So same qb is still starting for the hornets. You were ready to cut him from the team a few weeks ago. You guys guys beat a powerhouse in Rose Bud last week and Hector is coming off a loss to the conference favorites. Ill go with hackett in a close game

Hackett 3
Hector 2
Well i should not have been so rough on the QB. It is the coaches choice. He must be the best man for the job. I am not a 2A high school football coach making 40k a year what do i know. Sorry coachc9 for the grammatical errors. I really do not have time to be on here. LOL             So coachc9 do you think Mag will win state this year? Are they that good in your eyes? Everyone may have underestimated Cutter. That loss may not be as bad as it looks on the record.

Offline CantDrive055

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2019, 10:55:26 am »

Hackett 3
Hector 2

You just made the kickers day. 

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2019, 11:00:34 am »
Well i should not have been so rough on the QB. It is the coaches choice. He must be the best man for the job. I am not a 2A high school football coach making 40k a year what do i know. Sorry coachc9 for the grammatical errors. I really do not have time to be on here. LOL             So coachc9 do you think Mag will win state this year? Are they that good in your eyes? Everyone may have underestimated Cutter. That loss may not be as bad as it looks on the record.

I believe they can make a nice run in the playoffs. I am not sure they have enough to play with the likes of Fordyce or JC. 4-2A gets a tough draw for 2nd round of the playoffs. If they can get a win in round 2 (assuming they are the 1 seed) I can see a semifinal birth.

Yes Cutter is better than anyone thought, taking Poyen to OT.

Offline Dragonsvoice

• Starter
  • Bleeding Dragon Blue
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2019, 12:51:55 pm »
I love all The Rat's optimism but correct me if i'm wrong you still have some games to play right.  the Rat's have already been shocked once this year may happen again you never know. As far as i know Lavaca or the Burg hasn't given up or surrender. That's the mistake we made last year then we played Hector the last game of year and we all know the result.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:13:03 pm by Dragonsvoice »

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2019, 01:26:32 pm »
I mean, i did say "assuming" smh

I am allowed to look ahead bud. I dont play in these games. You freak.

Offline MICHAELSPAPPY

• Starter
    • Michaelspappy's UALR Blogspot
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2019, 01:41:28 pm »
the Rat's have already been shocked once this year may happen again you never know.

Yep, that is something to remember.

Offline Dragonsvoice

• Starter
  • Bleeding Dragon Blue
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2019, 01:41:33 pm »
Well as they say assuming makes a %$# out of you and Rat Pack bud!

Online Prouddragondad

• 2nd String
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2019, 01:48:44 pm »
I mean, i did say "assuming" smh

I am allowed to look ahead bud. I dont play in these games. You freak.

Dang DV I think you may have hit a nerve. It will be ok c9 calm down.

Offline Dragonsvoice

• Starter
  • Bleeding Dragon Blue
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2019, 01:54:14 pm »
Dang DV I think you may have hit a nerve. It will be ok c9 calm down.
"SMH" sometimes the playground can be tough!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:56:18 pm by Dragonsvoice »

Offline Dragonsvoice

• Starter
  • Bleeding Dragon Blue
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2019, 02:13:10 pm »
Dang the Rat's still haven't breached the Top Ten in Hootens, that is disappointing.

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2019, 02:14:36 pm »
Sorry DV, bad day at the office and i took it out on you. thats on me.

Thought the Rats would bump up but it looks as if the conference is top heavy with a lot of dwellers in the cellar.

Offline Dragonsvoice

• Starter
  • Bleeding Dragon Blue
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2019, 02:18:37 pm »
I'm starting to believe C9 and 55 are part of Storms Multiple Personalities because third person just isn't enough, i have no proof yet i'm investigating it.

Offline coachc9

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2019, 02:22:40 pm »
Im honored that you think i am part of the Storms multiple personalities. Makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Offline CantDrive055

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2019, 02:26:08 pm »
If Storm had multiple personalities would I be considered a Manic personality or a depressed one?

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center