Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Wednesday, November 20th, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: HS Lakeside @ Texarkana  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
  • FF Kingpin and noted Pink Cadillac driver...
Re: HS Lakeside @ Texarkana
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2019, 09:56:50 am »
Now you are just being delusional.  Lake Hamilton (Which isn't Hot Springs) is the only school in that area worthy of mentioning when it comes to facilities.  And that's only the addition of the new gym and other offering in that building.  During the 6A years we probably split 50/50 with LH and most noticeably we beat them in the 2007 state title game.   Now let's go back to overall and during the old 5A South days when Lake Hamilton was a penciled homecoming win.  I am not the one to shy away from the truth and I am very honest about my alma-mater.  LH beat us during a interim coaching situation and during one of the worst eras in Razorback football history during the hiring of Coach Ledford.  Ledford was not a bad guy but he was in over his head during his tenure at his alam-mater.

Please go back and bring up the 70's when Arkansas High ran off like 3 or 4 state titles.  Hot Springs High was a little rival during that time but still couldn't take on the Hogs.
Texarkana  has more State  Titles of all 3 schools combined. Lakeside can stick  another L on the side of their helmets on the way out of Razorback Stadium Friday night.

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2019, 10:07:19 am »
Losing credibility? You need to look in the mirror. Past scores.  Look back the last 10 years. We have gained over 100 plus student every year for the last 10 years and it is expected to continue. Our campus is slowly catching up with the growth. You will see the change next year when you visit us. You shouldn't run your mouth about Lakeside and not expect it back.  We have a proud tradition at Lakeside too. We wont discuss ancient history but Lakeside Football goes back 70 years with many conference championships and undefeated seasons. If you want to discuss football let do it.  Don't trash talk us and not expect it back. I hopefully expect a close game.  Win or lose Lakeside will do it with class. If Texarkana wins congratulations to them. Let us both show 5A south is nothing to laugh about. We both represent the 5A south so lets do it with class and good sportsmanship. May we both have a safe injury free game.

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2019, 10:13:09 am »
Now you are just being delusional.  Lake Hamilton (Which isn't Hot Springs) is the only school in that area worthy of mentioning when it comes to facilities.  And that's only the addition of the new gym and other offering in that building.  During the 6A years we probably split 50/50 with LH and most noticeably we beat them in the 2007 state title game.   Now let's go back to overall and during the old 5A South days when Lake Hamilton was a penciled homecoming win.  I am not the one to shy away from the truth and I am very honest about my alma-mater.  LH beat us during a interim coaching situation and during one of the worst eras in Razorback football history during the hiring of Coach Ledford.  Ledford was not a bad guy but he was in over his head during his tenure at his alam-mater.

Please go back and bring up the 70's when Arkansas High ran off like 3 or 4 state titles.  Hot Springs High was a little rival during that time but still couldn't take on the Hogs.
Texarkana  has more State  Titles of all 3 schools combined. Lakeside can stick  another L on the side of their helmets on the way out of Razorback Stadium Friday night.
You can't be serious!  I just replied to your other post outlining past scores and as mentioned it is not even close overall.  Lakeside will be 4A before Arkansas High.  You are really losing creditibility.  The other Lakeside poster at least knows his stuff.

You obviously have not been to Razorback Stadium within the last decade or so.  If you're up to it I will show you around Razorback Stadium and the other Texarkana schools and let you be the judge of the facilities compared to Hot Springs.  Lakeside has a peewee stadium.  How do y'all even host games against HSHS or LH?

Our high school campus is the same size as your entire campus. 
Razorback Stadium is old and run down ???
Please !!!!  It runs circles around that yellow and blue erector set Lego World trailer park Lakeside plays in. Razorback Stadium in Texarkana is the best stadium in the 5A South.  Hot Springs High has a better facility than Lakeside. Lake Hamiltons  Mid Evil McDouble Mudslide Stadium has a nice basketball arena in the East end zone. I'm sure the Lakeside fans WON'T COME CLOSE TO Filling up the roomy visors side of  Razorback Stadium. None of that High home side low visitors side stadiums in Texarkana like in Hot Springs.

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2019, 10:13:53 am »
Hoghead2  your wrong. Might want to recheck your history. We will see about that L. You might want to stick that L on your backside. lol

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2019, 10:21:25 am »
Hoghead2. For a hasbeen 6A school one would expect the stadium to be bigger. Your field is nice. But your outdated and ancient stadium is shall we say 20th century!! Like I said Stick a blue and gold and a maroon and gold and black and gold L on your backside!!!! Hoghead2 why don't yall work on those sub par academic achievement scores like you do your football stadium?

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2019, 10:59:23 am »
Hoghead2. For a hasbeen 6A school one would expect the stadium to be bigger. Your field is nice. But your outdated and ancient stadium is shall we say 20th century!! Like I said Stick a blue and gold and a maroon and gold and black and gold L on your backside!!!! Hoghead2 why don't yall work on those sub par academic achievement scores like you do your football stadium?
It's evident that you haven't seen Razorback Stadium in a while. That place is a palace compared to that tractor pull playschool toy stadium Lakeside calls home.
Texarkana has 6 State Titles. If you combined LH, HS and HSLS you get 6 Titles and NONE run through Lakeside.
HSLS  is a good team this year. Texarkana is going to beat that good team Friday. Then you can embrace onto your other warm fuzzies you typed up with that  L you're going to get. Lakeside is going to lose to Texarkana just like they did to Camden Fairview.

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2019, 11:01:28 am »
You keep sounding off about academics on a football board.  Even more so making you look crazy.  Our stadium was built in the 70s so what does 6A (not even a conference during that time) have to do with that LOL?  Heck Hot Springs stadium is better and bigger than Lakeside.  I wonder why their stadium is so much larger considing they are a 5A school (by your logic)?  You guys don't even have a concession stand for the visitors LOL

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2019, 11:13:16 am »
You keep sounding off about academics on a football board.  Even more so making you look crazy.  Our stadium was built in the 70s so what does 6A (not even a conference during that time) have to do with that LOL?  Heck Hot Springs stadium is better and bigger than Lakeside.  I wonder why their stadium is so much larger considing they are a 5A school (by your logic)?  You guys don't even have a concession stand for the visitors LOL
He called Razorback Stadium ancient  LOL...
HSLS  has more yellow and blue paint on that fossil they call a stadium holding it together than you can buy at Lowes. Razorback Stadium is 46 years old.  It's the 2nd stadium ever built on the AHS campus.  Im sure that field of dreams Lakeside plays in is older. You can put Lakeside's stadium inside of  Razorback Stadium and still have room.

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2019, 11:19:14 am »
Losing credibility? You need to look in the mirror. Past scores.  Look back the last 10 years. We have gained over 100 plus student every year for the last 10 years and it is expected to continue. Our campus is slowly catching up with the growth. You will see the change next year when you visit us. You shouldn't run your mouth about Lakeside and not expect it back.  We have a proud tradition at Lakeside too. We wont discuss ancient history but Lakeside Football goes back 70 years with many conference championships and undefeated seasons. If you want to discuss football let do it.  Don't trash talk us and not expect it back. I hopefully expect a close game.  Win or lose Lakeside will do it with class. If Texarkana wins congratulations to them. Let us both show 5A south is nothing to laugh about. We both represent the 5A south so lets do it with class and good sportsmanship. May we both have a safe injury free game.
Again we are speaking facts not trash.  Has Lakeside football ever been relevent?  Your last outright conference title according to FF was in 1975 and 14 playoff appearances!  I witnessed last year that you guys have great support but I don't see the traditional football power.  I can assure you that after Friday night we will pull for Lakeside all the way in support of the 5A South. 

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2019, 11:21:09 am »
Lol. academics and football go hand and hand. Hot Springs would have been a 6A or 7A school back in the day. RE: large football stadium.. Why should we have 2 concession stand when we have one that is large enough to handle both sides. Your talking concession stands on a football board? Now who is looking crazy... Your not going to get anywhere with your bs and trash talking about the Hot Springs area schools. Like I said earlier you cant argue with stupid. So lets get back to football. I totally agree with Ramfan if in you want to discuss football.. Anything else you want to say Texarkana fans? Bring it on if you want to if you have the cojones!!

Offline Nonsense

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2019, 11:27:21 am »
Seriously, as much as I love the Vanderbilt argument of 'look at our sweet academic record,' please quit bringing up academics. It certainly does not go hand-in-hand with football. The one Lakeside has is not big enough to handle both sides, it takes a quarter and a half to get popcorn and a drink. Concession stands go with facilities which relate more to football than your academic "arguments." I'm embarrassed to have to say it, honestly.

Who cares what he says about HS area schools? Doesn't matter.

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2019, 11:31:28 am »
Facts lol.  Yes we have tradition.. Relevant (try using your spell check) yes we have!! But that date's back before FF. That would be ancient history to you.  Wow what a maroon. You really need to go back and look at some good old arkansas high school football. Trash talking is what yall do best. Yep we will pull for yall after fridays game.

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2019, 11:34:44 am »
Lol. academics and football go hand and hand. Hot Springs would have been a 6A or 7A school back in the day. RE: large football stadium.. Why should we have 2 concession stand when we have one that is large enough to handle both sides. Your talking concession stands on a football board? Now who is looking crazy... Your not going to get anywhere with your bs and trash talking about the Hot Springs area schools. Like I said earlier you cant argue with stupid. So lets get back to football. I totally agree with Ramfan if in you want to discuss football.. Anything else you want to say Texarkana fans? Bring it on if you want to if you have the cojones!!
Yes, you can't argue with stupidity.  Please quote or tag me in the numerous posts on FF about academics!  Sounds like a lot of participation trophies get passed out in the Lakeside area.  Ummm if they had 6A or 7A back then why were they not 5A in the old classification or 6A during the realignment?  4A Nashville has a bigger stadium than Lakeside, why is that?  Maybe because Lakeside is more of a 4A school.  I wonder how does that one concession stand workout when hosting Lake Hamilton, HS, Malvern, etc.  I do think Lakeside has a decent facility but it is not to the level of Razorback Stadium.  No, you're just crazy!  You want to discredit and talk down on AHS facilities but now concessions are stupid LOL  Next it's restrooms...Oh nevermind y'all don't have restrooms for the visitors.

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2019, 11:38:06 am »
Well said nonsense. Pretty much show what you say is nonsense. Really academics don't go hand and hand with football.  LOL .. I'm pretty sure there is people out there that will disagree. I would be embarrassed if i said that too.

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2019, 11:40:20 am »
Facts lol.  Yes we have tradition.. Relevant (try using your spell check) yes we have!! But that date's back before FF. That would be ancient history to you.  Wow what a maroon. You really need to go back and look at some good old arkansas high school football. Trash talking is what yall do best. Yep we will pull for yall after fridays game.
That's the poor academic's of my school, I forgot to use spell check on a football board and not to mention grammatical errors.

Now Lakeside's football tradition is ancient?  I hope you make up your mind.  I don't have to go back far to see that donkey stomp we put on Lakeside at home last year.

Offline RamFan06

• Starter
  • FearNone
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2019, 11:44:28 am »
Seriously, as much as I love the Vanderbilt argument of 'look at our sweet academic record,' please quit bringing up academics. It certainly does not go hand-in-hand with football. The one Lakeside has is not big enough to handle both sides, it takes a quarter and a half to get popcorn and a drink. Concession stands go with facilities which relate more to football than your academic "arguments." I'm embarrassed to have to say it, honestly.

Who cares what he says about HS area schools? Doesn't matter.

They had considered adding a concession stand to the visitor's side from what I understand, just not enough room with the way the stadium is situated. Unfortunately, with Lakeside Rd running RIGHT BEHIND the visitor stands, there is no where to go but up. If the school keeps growing I anticipate that will happen in the future, but they are working on other areas of campus right now. There are improvements happening constantly, new buildings, new fields for other sports and other levels going in. They just did improvements on the visitor stands to reinforce them and make them safer for the fans. More is coming, it just takes time. 

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2019, 11:47:13 am »
I'm just glad this year I won't have to walk an entire quarter to use the restroom or God forbid get something to drink or a snack from that one sided concession stand. 

One would think with that World Class Education (oh no that's Hot Springs High) that someone could have designed a better stadium instead of having a one way in one out, one restroom, one concession stand, no visitor parking, etc.

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2019, 11:47:19 am »
Hot Spring dropped in classification in the early 80's. Don't worry about our stadium it will catch up with the growth we have been having. Unlike your declining enrollment. Lol participation ribbons.. How yall doing in other sports..lol.  Yall need to go ahead and consolidate with Tex high..before yalll drop to 4A.  At least we are growing and have the money to build bigger and better facilities.

Offline Nonsense

• Water Boy
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2019, 11:54:48 am »
They had considered adding a concession stand to the visitor's side from what I understand, just not enough room with the way the stadium is situated. Unfortunately, with Lakeside Rd running RIGHT BEHIND the visitor stands, there is no where to go but up. If the school keeps growing I anticipate that will happen in the future, but they are working on other areas of campus right now. There are improvements happening constantly, new buildings, new fields for other sports and other levels going in. They just did improvements on the visitor stands to reinforce them and make them safer for the fans. More is coming, it just takes time.

No there's not enough room to make the stadium bigger, at least they made the visitor's stands more sturdy. It is what it is with the concession stand though, always has been. They used to have a little shed next to the visitor's stands that they tried to run a concession stand through.

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2019, 11:57:45 am »
Lakeside stadium was built in the 40's ancient history!!! Yep we are proud our Academics too!! Like Ramfan said it takes time.  What yall going to do with declining enrollment? Rent out that big stadium of yours? Say what you want. I suggest watching it on you tube next year or Lakeside Tv. Oh thats right yall don't have live stream do yall.

Offline RamFan06

• Starter
  • FearNone
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2019, 12:00:27 pm »
No there's not enough room to make the stadium bigger, at least they made the visitor's stands more sturdy. It is what it is with the concession stand though, always has been. They used to have a little shed next to the visitor's stands that they tried to run a concession stand through.

They actually pulled a concession trailer in last year for the Lake Hamilton game. Had it on the visitor side to try and handle some of the volume.

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2019, 12:12:43 pm »
Hot Spring dropped in classification in the early 80's. Don't worry about our stadium it will catch up with the growth we have been having. Unlike your declining enrollment. Lol participation ribbons.. How yall doing in other sports..lol.  Yall need to go ahead and consolidate with Tex high..before yalll drop to 4A.  At least we are growing and have the money to build bigger and better facilities.
Now "don't worry about our stadium" when you're the one that brought it up facilities.  Still Nashville has a smaller enrollment than Lakeside but yet built their stadium with a capacity much larger than Lakeside.  I'll let you be the judge of the other sports.  We've only conference in track like 6-7 straight years with 4-5 straight state titles.  We are literally a legit quality team in all sports except basketball in my opinion.  A consolidation with Texas High would be a monster of athletics.  Maybe HS should consolidate with Lakeside considering they are losing students.  Bigger and better facilities again, huh?  You guys literally have your entire district on one campus LOL   I'll extend my offer again which I am being very serious.  I will show you around Razorback Stadium and the other schools in Texarkana.  Our new addition to our high school was completed in 2006.  Our football stadium first received turf in 2005 along with a new dressing rooms, coaches offices, and video room.  The stadium went under a 4 million dollar renovation a couple of years ago.  The track as well.  There's a brand new world class middle school (Arkansas Middle School) being built right now just north of I-30.  Along with numerous renovation that took place over the last couple of years at 9 campuses. 

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2019, 12:14:31 pm »
They actually pulled a concession trailer in last year for the Lake Hamilton game. Had it on the visitor side to try and handle some of the volume.
According to LS80 that one huge concession stand is enough. 

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2019, 12:20:00 pm »
Lakeside stadium was built in the 40's ancient history!!! Yep we are proud our Academics too!! Like Ramfan said it takes time.  What yall going to do with declining enrollment? Rent out that big stadium of yours? Say what you want. I suggest watching it on you tube next year or Lakeside Tv. Oh thats right yall don't have live stream do yall.
I'll show you our stadium during those early years of the 40's.  It is actually one of our practice fields now.  You can watch the games on youtube.  We are a unified city.  Search TexarkanaGameDay or KLFI and you'll get your answer. 

Offline Nonsense

• Water Boy
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2019, 12:20:56 pm »
According to LS80 that one huge concession stand is enough.

LOL

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2019, 12:26:11 pm »
I will admit that I believe we need a new audio system at Razorback Stadium.  And there are already future plans for building a pressbox.

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2019, 01:14:31 pm »
You brought up the facilities topic. You said yours were the best in 5A south. I disagree with that. Yep opinions are like A holes everybody got one. Most teams do not bring enough fans to warrant 2 concession stands. You will see all the new facilities when and if you visit next year. New jr high and performing arts and auditoriums, turf practice field. Thank you for info for live stream. I will be able to watch it on you tube. Love yalls school spirit.
Go big L.. FYI 2 state championships in BB 1 in soccer 12 or more in tennis, golf both in girls and boys. 17 or 18 in cheerleading. 1 or 2 in track back in the day. Yep we do well in all sports. I may have missed a few conference champion in other sports. Plus not to mention our academic success (lol but that doesn't have anything to do with football) Yep back in the day before the modern day football system we were conference champs 20+ times. That was back when only 2 teams made it to playoffs. Enough said on my part. Glad to see yall are as proud as I am about your school.  May we have a safe and injury free game friday night. 

Offline RamFan06

• Starter
  • FearNone
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2019, 01:42:30 pm »
I will admit that I believe we need a new audio system at Razorback Stadium.  And there are already future plans for building a pressbox.
Check your private messages.

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2019, 02:03:14 pm »
Through all of that Lakeside still can't shake a stick at Texarkana. They've won more in any sport you'd like to name. As you said, be relevant.  Then you WENT BACK and rattled off the70 year history of Lakeside. If we're going to be relevant  Texarkana has won 5 State Titles in  their current facility . Lakeside has NONE !!! As you pull up to Razorback Stadium Friday you will see All 6 State Title Years proudly displayed on the upper face of the stadium. As for the smack talk LS80, I can go all day bro... LOL.  But by all means after losing to Arkansas High Friday,  BEAT everyone else in the 5A South. A 2 spot will get you a home game in the playoffs.  I have a nephew in the Lakeside Schools who plays sports. So don't get my truths mixed up about the school. I want him to excell and win there. It just want happen this Friday.  I have family at AHS as well.  Good luck, you're going to need it.

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2019, 02:17:11 pm »
You brought up the facilities topic. You said yours were the best in 5A south. I disagree with that. Yep opinions are like A holes everybody got one. Most teams do not bring enough fans to warrant 2 concession stands. You will see all the new facilities when and if you visit next year. New jr high and performing arts and auditoriums, turf practice field. Thank you for info for live stream. I will be able to watch it on you tube. Love yalls school spirit.
Go big L.. FYI 2 state championships in BB 1 in soccer 12 or more in tennis, golf both in girls and boys. 17 or 18 in cheerleading. 1 or 2 in track back in the day. Yep we do well in all sports. I may have missed a few conference champion in other sports. Plus not to mention our academic success (lol but that doesn't have anything to do with football) Yep back in the day before the modern day football system we were conference champs 20+ times. That was back when only 2 teams made it to playoffs. Enough said on my part. Glad to see yall are as proud as I am about your school.  May we have a safe and injury free game friday night.
Ok, in your opinion who has the best stadium in the 5A South  ?

Texarkana... is the best hands down
Hot Springs... they fixed the visitors side nicely
Camden Fvw.... they have everything
HSLS...... nice home side. Visitors side needs work
Hope..... 1932 old, but very nice seating &turf
Magnolia.... needs new visitors side & turf
LR McClellan... it's ok
DeQueen..... light a match to that dungeon

« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:19:19 pm by Hoghead2 »

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2019, 02:24:48 pm »
I'll be on the lookout next year.  I knew Hot Springs High was building a new Jr High (should be high school and move Jr High to old high school) but didn't notice any major construction around your school.  I bet it'll be nice as I was impressed with the Lakeside campus.  Win or Lose represent the South well.

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2019, 02:29:59 pm »
Hoghead 2.. Can't shake a stick to Texarkana? Whatever bro. Bring it on. For a 2 bit has been 6A school you sure talk the BS! If yall win I will say congratulations. But I hope you enjoy the number 2 spot. Yall just wish you had what we have. Like I said earlier you just can't argue with stupid. Bring up your darn low academic achievement test scores and maybe you will be on the same level as Lakeside. Like I said bro take that L and put it in your backside and enjoy the number 2 spot.Good luck your going to need it. Just to fyi all but the 1 basket ball state championship in 64 are in the modern day playoff system..Take a puff on that bro!!

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2019, 02:32:09 pm »
Through all of that Lakeside still can't shake a stick at Texarkana. They've won more in any sport you'd like to name. As you said, be relevant.  Then you WENT BACK and rattled off the70 year history of Lakeside. If we're going to be relevant  Texarkana has won 5 State Titles in  their current facility . Lakeside has NONE !!! As you pull up to Razorback Stadium Friday you will see All 6 State Title Years proudly displayed on the upper face of the stadium. As for the smack talk LS80, I can go all day bro... LOL.  But by all means after losing to Arkansas High Friday,  BEAT everyone else in the 5A South. A 2 spot will get you a home game in the playoffs.  I have a nephew in the Lakeside Schools who plays sports. So don't get my truths mixed up about the school. I want him to excell and win there. It just want happen this Friday.  I have family at AHS as well.  Good luck, you're going to need it.
The Rams players will also notice the state titles in other sports on the fieldhouse.  Multiple Razorbacks listed with the sport and year.

We're all pulling for the South!

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2019, 02:36:03 pm »
Thank you..  06..Good to see your as passionate as I am about our school. Neither one of us like anybody to trash talk our schools. All new constructions begins in Jan 2020. Looking forward to many games with yall. I do root for yall when your not playing us.  I think hoghead2 will disagree on that lol.  He is as hard headed as I am about our schools lol..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:39:47 pm by LS80 »

Offline RamFan06

• Starter
  • FearNone
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2019, 02:43:49 pm »
Thank you..  06..Good to see your as passionate as I am about our school. Neither one of us like anybody to trash talk our schools. All new constructions begins in Jan 2020. Looking forward to many games with yall. I do root for yall when your not playing us.  I think hoghead2 will disagree on that lol.  He is as hard headed as I am about our schools lol..
Actually drove be this morning and they are starting excavation on the new turf field/practice/JR High Field. More to come but that one is started.

Hot Springs' new school was getting close last time I was in that area. Not sure where they are yet. I think they have some stadium renovations coming soon as well.

Offline AHS06

• Starter
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2019, 02:46:50 pm »
Actually drove be this morning and they are starting excavation on the new turf field/practice/JR High Field. More to come but that one is started.

Hot Springs' new school was getting close last time I was in that area. Not sure where they are yet. I think they have some stadium renovations coming soon as well.
From what I could tell it appears an indoor facility or some type behind the stadium.

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2019, 03:57:17 pm »
Hoghead 2.. Can't shake a stick to Texarkana? Whatever bro. Bring it on. For a 2 bit has been 6A school you sure talk the BS! If yall win I will say congratulations. But I hope you enjoy the number 2 spot. Yall just wish you had what we have. Like I said earlier you just can't argue with stupid. Bring up your darn low academic achievement test scores and maybe you will be on the same level as Lakeside. Like I said bro take that L and put it in your backside and enjoy the number 2 spot.Good luck your going to need it. Just to fyi all but the 1 basket ball state championship in 64 are in the modern day playoff system..Take a puff on that bro!!
But Tell me about Lakesides Football State Titles from 1970 until right now.....LOL  Plus Texarkana has STATE TITLES  in Football,  Basketball and Baseball in the modern era. Does Lakeside have that ? With no research  let me tell ya the answer is Noooo  !!! In closing  that Lego Set Chick whatever his last name is Stadium you guys play in is a Trailer Park compared to Arkansas High's Razorback Stadium.

Offline Nonsense

• Water Boy
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2019, 04:07:35 pm »
But Tell me about Lakesides Football State Titles from 1970 until right now.....LOL  Plus Texarkana has STATE TITLES  in Football,  Basketball and Baseball in the modern era. Does Lakeside have that ? With no research  let me tell ya the answer is Noooo  !!! In closing  that Lego Set Chick whatever his last name is Stadium you guys play in is a Trailer Park compared to Arkansas High's Razorback Stadium.

Define the modern era. I know of one basketball championship.

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2019, 04:31:45 pm »
Define the modern era. I know of one basketball championship.
Exactly....1977 Terry  Deloney and the Hogs won a 4 A State championship in Basketball. 1970 started the playoff modern era in all sports in Arkansas.

Offline Nonsense

• Water Boy
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2019, 04:32:42 pm »
Exactly....1977 Terry  Deloney and the Hogs won a 4 A State championship in Basketball. 1970 started the playoff modern era in all sports in Arkansas.

No, no, I mean Lakeside in 2000.

Online JacketFan

• Starter
  • The Only discipline that lasts, is Self discipline
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2019, 04:50:10 pm »
So who is gonna win this pillow fight!  ;D. All I've got from this thread is Texarky has a better stadium, and Lakeside has a crappy concession stand. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:56:01 pm by JacketFan »

Offline RamFan06

• Starter
  • FearNone
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2019, 04:54:37 pm »
So who is gonna win this pillow fight!  ;D. All I've got fron this thread is Texarky has a better stadium, and Lakeside has a crappy concession stand.

OK....Best post of the whole thread!

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2019, 04:57:46 pm »
No, no, I mean Lakeside in 2000.
True, Lakeside has 2 State Basketball Titles, None in Football or Baseball. From 1975 to 2015 they went 40 years without winning a Conference Football Title.  40 years !

Offline LS80

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2019, 06:40:01 pm »
I am very aware of what has transpired over  the last 40 years. Modern day football playoff system started in 1969. Check Barclays arkansas high school football almanac  on exact time. Baseball we do  compeat well and I do see a state championship on the horizon. During those 40 years we had numerous coaches. We are very fortunate to have McBride and staff to rebuild what us old timers were used to. From the 4th grade on he making sure our players know our system. I have seen steady progress over the last 10yrs. Donít say this will not happen to Texarkana all schools go through these cycles. Will we win conference championships year in year out. Who knows. But, I will tell you this  win or lose you going to know you played us. We will see what transpires Friday night. If yíall win congratulations. May we have a safe and injury free game. Lets show 5A how itís done in the 5A. 5A south proud..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:42:02 pm by LS80 »

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2019, 08:16:15 pm »
I am very aware of what has transpired over  the last 40 years. Modern day football playoff system started in 1969. Check Barclays arkansas high school football almanac  on exact time. Baseball we do  compeat well and I do see a state championship on the horizon. During those 40 years we had numerous coaches. We are very fortunate to have McBride and staff to rebuild what us old timers were used to. From the 4th grade on he making sure our players know our system. I have seen steady progress over the last 10yrs. Donít say this will not happen to Texarkana all schools go through these cycles. Will we win conference championships year in year out. Who knows. But, I will tell you this  win or lose you going to know you played us. We will see what transpires Friday night. If yíall win congratulations. May we have a safe and injury free game. Lets show 5A how itís done in the 5A. 5A south proud..
True, and Texarkana has been through some up and down years. I knew that 1969 was the 1st year of the Modern era. But I used 1970 because in 1969 the AAA didn't use a Playoff  System for all of the Classifications in 69. The AA Classification played Conference Championship games that year. Newport and Hope finished 1&2 in the State in AA without even playing each other. 1970 All Classifications played in the playoffs. Good luck Friday...

Offline hogfan10

• 2nd String
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2019, 10:14:31 pm »
Go back and look at the past scores.. Your facilities and stadium is run down and old. I am being honest about my alma mater. Your a bit delusional about your  history. You come up with nothing but excuses.  You all will be fine when yall get to 4A. Plus your academic achievements test score are sub par.
LS would at best finish 4th in the 7-4A.

Offline WTD

• 2nd String
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2019, 10:24:30 pm »
Ok... Texarkana has the better stadium and LS has the better test scores! Meet in the middle! Who has the better band?

Offline RamFan06

• Starter
  • FearNone
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2019, 11:00:15 pm »
LS would at best finish 4th in the 7-4A.
Most teams in the 5A would finish 4th in the 7-4A

Offline hogfan10

• 2nd String
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2019, 11:22:18 pm »
Most teams in the 5A would finish 4th in the 7-4A
Agree, just commenting on LS80ís theory that things would get easier for Texarkana if they fell to 4A.

Offline Hoghead2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2019, 11:52:37 pm »
I agree the 7 4A is the better of the two conferences. But Texarkana could play  in it better than HSLS. Also Remember, LR  Robinson, Malvern and Arkadelphia all used to play in the 5A Southwest with HSLS a few years ago. Before that Nashville had one challenge in the conference. Ashdown ! and every now and then DeQueen. Nashville still owned both of them....

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center