Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, November 17th, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Joker  (Read 3119 times)

Offline whippersnapper

• Assistant Coach
  • 121 Bucksweep
Joker
« on: September 10, 2019, 07:15:02 pm »
Who is excited to see the new Joaquin Phoenix Joker? I know I am myself. Have heard it's been a hit for most at film festivals so far.

Offline Longfellow

• Assistant Coach
  • Call me Fellow, Longfellow
Re: Joker
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 04:49:32 pm »
I think it’ll be pretty good. I really like Joaquin Phoenix

Offline whippersnapper

• Assistant Coach
  • 121 Bucksweep
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 10:09:09 pm »
Went and saw joker yesterday. Fantastic movie and highly recommend it. Phoenix will get an Oscar nomination no doubt.

Offline bdubyab60

• Hall of Famer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 10:04:50 pm »
Amazing movie. Phoenix knocks it out od the park as they say. The last 20 minutes or so are shocking to say the least

Offline Chief_Osceola™

• Hall of Famer
  • 'Nets & 'Noles
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 05:06:48 pm »
Saw it yesterday. Was awesome. Best DC movie. Heck, it’s the best comic movie period.

Offline whippersnapper

• Assistant Coach
  • 121 Bucksweep
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 09:35:26 pm »
Let's get into some SPOILER talk.

What do you think was real or wasnt

Offline Chief_Osceola™

• Hall of Famer
  • 'Nets & 'Noles
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 09:38:49 am »
Let's get into some SPOILER talk.

What do you think was real or wasnt

SPOILERS AHEAD...

I thought one of the most interesting aspects was the portrayal of Thomas Wayne.  In all the Batman movies, he's seen to be a kind-hearted philanthropist who just wants to help everyone.  However, from Arthur's perspective he's nothing like that.  I don't know if it's just the fact that Arthur is an unreliable narrator or if that is the 'real' Thomas Wayne, but it was cool to see him in a different light.

As for what was real vs. what was not, I think it was obvious (and even showed via flashback) the night out with the girl was all made up in his mind.  His routine bombed, and she wasn't in the audience or with him at all.  I'd have to go back and watch again to see if anything else was imagined by him.  As I said, he's an unreliable narrator so his reality may not have been what really happened.  The subway scene, the apartment scene (where his former coworkers pay him a visit), etc. may have played out completely different than what Arthur perceived.  I'm sure there are already a lot of theories about it, but I don't know if there's any way to be sure one way or the other.  BTW, Phoenix absolutely nailed the part.  Everything about his version of the Joker were spot on.  And what's more, I caught some similarities in his Joker and Ledger's Joker.  I could see this movie and The Dark Knight being in the same universe.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center