Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Thursday, December 5th, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Robinson to Oak Hill  (Read 4425 times)

Offline FoxandHound34

• 2nd String
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Robinson to Oak Hill
« on: August 29, 2019, 07:54:01 am »
Saw on KK Robinson’s Twitter last night that he was heading to Oak Hill Academy in Virginia. Jalen Ricks front Sylvan Hills is already there this year. Wish nothing but the best for the young man and hope he makes the state proud

Offline Jwolf12

• Bench Warmer
  • Still thinking about what to put here...
Re: Robinson to Oak Hill
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 10:07:55 pm »
Tough blow to high school basketball in the state of Arkansas. Would love to see them return to the state in a few years as Hogs!

Offline brock

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 09:37:00 am »
I just don’t get why these kids go to these big prep schools? If you are already receiving offers from the top programs in the country, what do you stand to gain, besides playing against Elite level players every game?

Offline sevenof400

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Head Coach
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 10:58:32 am »
I just don’t get why these kids go to these big prep schools? If you are already receiving offers from the top programs in the country, what do you stand to gain, besides playing against Elite level players every game?

Even better offers - and more of them - especially if you can play at that level because the talent surrounding you and against you is definitely better.

But even more important is location - attendees there will be seen by every more people. 

It can - in some cases - allow the student a better academic prep with respect to what is needed to make the academic qualifying requirements at some colleges and universities but for the most part these moves are sports first, academics a distant third.

Offline brock

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 11:39:10 am »
He already has a Kansas offer along with 16 others. He is a 4 star recruit and one of the top prospects in the country. I personally just don’t agree with these super prep schools. I’d be curious if the big shoe companies are the driving force behind some of these schools.

Offline Brucewayne

• Water Boy
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 10:02:06 am »
I wish this young man nothing but the best.  I agree that these “prep” schools are frustrating but how can a high school offer the day to day level of competition on the court as these “prep” schools can offer.  I get it from the parents position where they want the best scenario for their kid to succeed, improve and prepare for the opportunities to do this for their profession.  I can see this from the players position where they want to capitalize on their talent and hard work, but from the high school position it is very frustrating.

Offline brock

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 01:04:01 pm »
I wish this young man nothing but the best.  I agree that these “prep” schools are frustrating but how can a high school offer the day to day level of competition on the court as these “prep” schools can offer.  I get it from the parents position where they want the best scenario for their kid to succeed, improve and prepare for the opportunities to do this for their profession.  I can see this from the players position where they want to capitalize on their talent and hard work, but from the high school position it is very frustrating.

Well said. I just hate it for the public schools. KK is fun to watch, unfortunately getting a chance to see him in person won’t be an option for many in AR this year.

Offline LeftyWorld

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 11:06:17 am »
As much as he bounces around in high school, it will be interesting to see how many times he uses that transfer portal in college  ::)

Offline Rayburn

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 11:58:06 am »
As anyone can see by the reasons offered in this thread, there is NO good reason for a player like Robinson to forego the end of his childhood.
Every big time school in the nation knows who he is. Those schools don't pick up seniors late. His parents have been conned into a spending a bunch of money with the very same lies stated in this thread justifying this move. Same goes for Ricks, Moody, etc. etc.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center