Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, September 15th, 2019.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board
2020-22 proposed conferences will be post to FearlessFriday.com shortly. Discussion has already begun. #fearlessfriday
2019 Football Schedules are online, See who your team is playing
FearlessFriday brings Thursday Night Football on TV
Fearless Friday
Southside's Coleman Week 3 POW

Author Topic: 3a champions  (Read 3683 times)

Offline Rick Swines

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: 3a champions
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2019, 11:20:46 pm »
Seminoles dominated nettleton tonight according to someone at the game. 28-9 midway through the second. State champs is likely.

Online 501Arkansas

• All Star
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2019, 12:52:23 am »
Seminoles dominated nettleton tonight according to someone at the game. 28-9 midway through the second. State champs is likely.
Lol, they looked decent still have ways to go. Wideouts looks pretty good. Have 3 of them that can score at anytime. Defense looked okay, special team is weak right now

Offline Leo Marvin

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2019, 05:05:37 am »

Might as well get their ring measurements!

Offline Proud Buckaroo

• Not Buckfever
  • Hall of Famer
  • Get LOUD and be PROUD!
    • 42 Sports Page.
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2019, 09:12:29 am »
Haven't heard anything from Smackover fans yet, are they playing football this year?

I'm here lurking. Just been reading lately. Busy life. I don't really know how good/bad they will be this year. I plan to watch the first game. Maybe I can get my assessment on them then.

Online Lineman

• Starter
  • I'ma break this down from a fundamental standpoint
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2019, 09:39:44 am »
I'm here lurking. Just been reading lately. Busy life. I don't really know how good/bad they will be this year. I plan to watch the first game. Maybe I can get my assessment on them then.
Seems like a waste of time to me, Osceola dominated Nettleton, apparently that was the state championship.

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2019, 09:42:49 am »
I predict a quiet 3rd place conference finish. Pretty tough top 2 or 3 in your conference.

Offline 1wildcat

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2019, 10:18:42 am »
Rison defeated Dumas last night 18-6

Offline CURLEYWOLF24

• 2nd String
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2019, 10:49:32 am »
Rison defeated Dumas last night 18-6
I'm really awake now.  Impressive!  Not trying to be funny either. Did Frye dominate?

Offline ISU7

• Head Coach
  • 2017 pick-ems champ🏆2018 pick ems runner up
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2019, 01:28:23 pm »
Seems like a waste of time to me, Osceola dominated Nettleton, apparently that was the state championship.
;D ;D Nettleton is down this season, poor tackling and secondary cant play the ball. Osceola is good but still having problem stopping the run. A good running team will beat them. Their offense is still basically the jump ball get it and make a play, their running game can be stopped. They will depend on the qb to take them on a deep run he is also the ball stopper on defense and handles most of the special team jobs.  They are not a jugernaunt team but they will be tough and compete in every game they play.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 01:57:07 pm by ISU7 »

Offline 1wildcat

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2019, 01:30:22 pm »
I'm really awake now.  Impressive!  Not trying to be funny either. Did Frye dominate?
At first glance it does look really impressive, but when you look at it a little deeper and consider the unfortunate situation going on at Dumas I'm not sure it really means a whole lot. I think I'll wait till after the Prescott game to predict how this season will end.

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2019, 01:30:52 pm »
;D ;D Nettleton is down this season, poor tackling and secondary cant play the ball. Osceola is good but still having problem stopping the run. A good running team will beat them.  They are not a jugernaunt team..
What do you know Mr. Two Time Defending Pick Em Champ?

Offline 1wildcat

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2019, 01:33:49 pm »
I wasn't at the game but I'm sure Frye did his part.

Offline ISU7

• Head Coach
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2019, 01:34:26 pm »
What do you know Mr. Two Time Defending Pick Em Champ?
Read it again I had to re write it. .lol  OM I think this season will be tough to pick games its gone be some surprise teams this season ..100% Pick ems is not the same as it use to be they redid it. The old way was far better.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 01:48:07 pm by ISU7 »

Offline Horse Shoe

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2019, 07:25:45 pm »
Haven't heard anything from Smackover fans yet, are they playing football this year?
Not sure how good we will be this year.  Lots of holes to fill.  Quarterback play making ability is a big concern.  Our best running back is small, although he is very fast, he doesn't have great tackle breaking ability, or at least hasn't in previous years.  We will need to provide him space to run.  Only bright spots right now are that we have a senior laden line, and our run defense should be very good.  Pass defense hasn't been faring to well at 7 on 7's.  Looks like we may be destined for 3rd place in conference mainly because the bottom half is weaker than us.  Prescott and CHG will be a tough out for us this year.  I may become a little more optimistic after I see the first two games.

Online beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2019, 09:57:34 pm »
I've talked to alot of coaches and its osceola and everyone else.

Rest of the state make your claims.

These coaches may want to reconsider just a little bit....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 10:02:10 pm by beach bum »

Online 501Arkansas

• All Star
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2019, 10:56:58 pm »
These coaches may want to reconsider just a little bit....
off one game? Lol

Online panther07

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2019, 08:18:59 am »
off one game? Lol

Thatís better than making predictions like ďOsceola and then everybody elseĒ off zero games.

Offline Leo Marvin

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2019, 12:23:53 pm »
off one game? Lol

I think Osceola will be fine.   The Seminoles must expect opponents to use the formula of running it right at them. Booneville and VV (two good opponents) both had success with this and more teams will look to duplicate that game plan. 

Hey 501, I watched some of the game on the Facebook feed.  The Facebook comments are rough and completely out of line considering they are talking about high school athletes.  You should go over there and tell them to chill.  I know there's a lot of pride but that team has achieved a lot and doesn't deserve the ridicule.

Offline Smackover Fan

• Bench Warmer
  • Go Bucks Go!
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2019, 01:24:55 pm »
Smackover will be fast. That's the only thing I KNOW before I see them play. I know we have some playmakers from last season on both sides of the ball again, but I also know we had quite a few seniors last year. QB position is unproven, but again, no one has really seen them play yet. I reiterate, Smackover will be fast, anything after that is uncertainty at this time. As far as Union County, we are the only 3A team here, and Junction will probably win 2A.

Online 501Arkansas

• All Star
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2019, 05:12:37 pm »
I think Osceola will be fine.   The Seminoles must expect opponents to use the formula of running it right at them. Booneville and VV (two good opponents) both had success with this and more teams will look to duplicate that game plan. 

Hey 501, I watched some of the game on the Facebook feed.  The Facebook comments are rough and completely out of line considering they are talking about high school athletes.  You should go over there and tell them to chill.  I know there's a lot of pride but that team has achieved a lot and doesn't deserve the ridicule.
+1 we canít control what people say. They going to dog Osceola every chance they get. We starting off like last year with the QB situation. Once we get that right weíll be fine. As of last nights game, Little Don Littleton needs to be the starter. Iím not taking anything away from MJ but Iíll go with Don the 10th grader. Weíll see how things plays out. We play another 5a school next week. All we can do is get better, but weíll be fine.

Offline ISU7

• Head Coach
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2019, 11:20:23 pm »
I'll probably hold my prediction till about the 28th of this month.  8)
So far good call 💯

Offline ISU7

• Head Coach
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2019, 11:28:10 pm »
+1 we canít control what people say. They going to dog Osceola every chance they get. We starting off like last year with the QB situation. Once we get that right weíll be fine. As of last nights game, Little Don Littleton needs to be the starter. Iím not taking anything away from MJ but Iíll go with Don the 10th grader. Weíll see how things plays out. We play another 5a school next week. All we can do is get better, but weíll be fine.
You say we canít control what people say but yet after one game you calling for another qb 😂 how bout get him a running game ,  that will certainly help out a lot. That jump ball stuff isnít going to always work against teams with a good secondary and are well coached and discipline.  Without a running game Noles qb will be under pressure all season long against good teams 💯

Online 501Arkansas

• All Star
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2019, 03:16:11 am »
You say we canít control what people say but yet after one game you calling for another qb 😂 how bout get him a running game ,  that will certainly help out a lot. That jump ball stuff isnít going to always work against teams with a good secondary and are well coached and discipline.  Without a running game Noles qb will be under pressure all season long against good teams 💯
I mean the qb situation is just like last year. Why start this year like last year?🧐

Offline CoolBreeze

• All Star
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2019, 04:44:32 pm »

I agree. A nonconference loss to a 5A opponent will not cost them anywhere except possibly in CalPreps. They're still the likely conference champs and expected to go deep into the playoffs. This just gave them a chance to match up against a quality opponent and find out what needs to be finetuned before the games that matter begin.

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2019, 04:58:17 pm »
I agree. A nonconference loss to a 5A opponent will not cost them anywhere except possibly in CalPreps. They're still the likely conference champs and expected to go deep into the playoffs. This just gave them a chance to match up against a quality opponent and find out what needs to be finetuned before the games that matter begin.
I agree they are the Drew Central of football.

Offline Smackover Fan

• Bench Warmer
  • Go Bucks Go!
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2019, 08:32:22 pm »
I can now confirm that Smackover is still fast. Look kind of, I don't know, meh? Out there, but it also looks like they are trying multiple looks and still trying to feel out the best combinations.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center