Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Wednesday, April 1st, 2020.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: New Era  (Read 2863 times)

Offline MynameisJeff

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
New Era
« on: September 01, 2019, 06:11:39 pm »
My goodness...finally the time has come. Mtn View has established a good passing attack, spread offense and got away from the I formation. #21 for Mtn view as QB threw for 2 TDs and rushed for another. Hootens predicted Magnet Cove by 10. Mtn View won by 2

Offline panther07

• Starter
Re: New Era
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 07:05:41 pm »
Wait... 2 years ago they were unbeatable?

Offline Coltfan2005

• Head Coach
  • Everyone Loves Them Colts
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 09:48:51 pm »
you gotta admire a fan who keeps expecting state championships every year from a team who has had a total of 3 winning seasons in the last 15 years. At least he's amusing until week 5 or so.

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 08:27:29 am »
Welcome back Jeff

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 11:32:40 am »
Welcome back Jeff
+1 We need some comedy relief.

A very optimistic post following a 2-point win over Magnet Cove, a 2A team who won5 games last year.

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 11:56:52 am »

A very optimistic post following a 2-point win over Magnet Cove, a 2A team who won5 games last year.
Cmon now everyone needs a goal.

Offline nastynice

• All Star
  • MAGA!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 12:23:35 pm »

Iím more impressed Jeff remembered his password to login to FF!

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 01:13:19 pm »
Iím more impressed Jeff remembered his password to login to FF!
Bazinga

Offline MynameisJeff

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 04:20:26 pm »
You dead gum right I'm back. Listen here's the deal, yes mtn view only won by 2, but let's talk facts mtn view was up 30 to 7 in the 3rd and said hey let's get 2nd team reps. So don't talk like they only won by 2 bc they won by 2. Hootens has Mtn View ranked 31 I believe and Magnet Cove 17 so even though they 2a they should have handled there business and magnet cove was also at home.

Offline MynameisJeff

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 04:23:18 pm »
I looked up Salem's coach Curtis(COOLBREEZE Salem went 10-1 last year since you said something about magnet cove's record last year) in the yellow pages and I told him hey bud look here's the deal, don't put them youngens on the bus and come out here to yellowjacket stadium friday night bc we got a passing game now and a 6"6 200 pound QB that is the real deal all steel Arkansas steamboat.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 04:26:26 pm by MynameisJeff »

Offline Fourthdown

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 05:18:31 pm »
Bazinga again...... ::)

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 06:03:30 pm »
You dead gum right I'm back. Listen here's the deal, yes mtn view only won by 2, but let's talk facts mtn view was up 30 to 7 in the 3rd and said hey let's get 2nd team reps. So don't talk like they only won by 2 bc they won by 2. Hootens has Mtn View ranked 31 I believe and Magnet Cove 17 so even though they 2a they should have handled there business and magnet cove was also at home.
They may be somewhat improved. They did lose to Magnet Cove last year at home. Not to mention the loss to Yellville-Summit, but they would have to be much improved to make it up to respectable. We'll see just how great the Jackets are when they come up against Clinton, Melbourne, and Harding Academy. Of course, they'll likely make the playoffs by default, since the conference includes, Rose Bud, Marshall, and Cedar Ridge (two of which didn't finish the season last year).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:55:56 pm by CoolBreeze »

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 06:24:48 pm »
....and don't forget Marshall just lost to Two Rivers who hadn't won a game in nearly 4 years

Offline Coltfan2005

• Head Coach
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 07:41:41 pm »
I looked up Salem's coach Curtis(COOLBREEZE Salem went 10-1 last year since you said something about magnet cove's record last year) in the yellow pages and I told him hey bud look here's the deal, don't put them youngens on the bus and come out here to yellowjacket stadium friday night bc we got a passing game now and a 6"6 200 pound QB that is the real deal all steel Arkansas steamboat.

and they get the break of being in the weakest conf in 3A!

Offline MynameisJeff

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 08:06:39 pm »
If I had a dollar for every time someone said the 3A-2 is the weakest conference I'd be able to buy one of them 4 door pickem up trucks with workin ac.

Offline Coltfan2005

• Head Coach
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 08:24:28 pm »
If I had a dollar for every time someone said the 3A-2 is the weakest conference I'd be able to buy one of them 4 door pickem up trucks with workin ac.

If you had a dollar everytime the 4A-2 proved them right, you could get new teeth.

Offline MynameisJeff

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 08:53:28 pm »
Your darn tootin

Offline QBDad

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 09:17:30 pm »
and they get the break of being in the weakest conf in 3A!
The 3A-2 is not the weakest conference this year. HA, Melbourne and Clinton are all very competitive. MV much improved.

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 09:41:46 pm »
The 3A-2 is not the weakest conference this year. HA, Melbourne and Clinton are all very competitive. MV much improved.

Rose Bud, cedar ridge, & Marshall might be the 3 worst programs in the state right now

Offline Skip Baymore

• 2nd String
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 11:48:49 pm »
My goodness...finally the time has come. Mtn View has established a good passing attack, spread offense and got away from the I formation. #21 for Mtn view as QB threw for 2 TDs and rushed for another. Hootens predicted Magnet Cove by 10. Mtn View won by 2

Yes they did Jeff and that is a fact that cannot be disputed.  And not only did Mtn View beat Magnet Cove by 2, they also beat them on their own home field.  Something you failed to mention.  The odds of beating Magnet Cove, at home, by exactly 2 are astronomically low.  Undefeated and untied after week one.  Good to see you back.

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 11:25:46 am »
Perhaps, not at the top. But if you add Yellville-Summit to the 3 teams previously mentioned, surely you'll have to admit that the bottom half of the conference is as weak as they come.

Offline Skip Baymore

• 2nd String
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 12:19:47 am »

Coltfan needs to go count trophies in the 3A-2 locker-rooms and then count trophies in the conference Rivercrest was in when at that max number in 3A.   And just the last 10 years and only in football.  Going beyond that, in football, or including other sports might be a humbling experience for Coltfan.  Maybe not though if he's comparing a 4A conference to it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:40:26 am by Skip Baymore »

Offline Coltfan2005

• Head Coach
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 11:16:06 am »
Coltfan needs to go count trophies in the 3A-2 locker-rooms and then count trophies in the conference Rivercrest was in when at that max number in 3A.   And just the last 10 years and only in football.  Going beyond that, in football, or including other sports might be a humbling experience for Coltfan.  Maybe not though if he's comparing a 4A conference to it.

Trophies for what? Conf title in such a weak conf? Sportsmanship? participation? In football there is only one trophy that counts (unless you really want to count the state runner up) and that is the state championship trophy. HA has two in the last ten years, no other team in the that conf has even gotten close. All that means is you have one team that has been and could be really good. Rivercrest has 2 in the last ten years. Should we rank conf's by the actions of one team?
Since you want to just count the last ten years, let's make it really interesting. The true measure of a conf's strength is how they play against other confs not against their own conf. let's leave out non-conf games at the first of the season AND leave out HA and Rivercrest to get the true measure of the OVERALL strength of the conf.
So, how many playoff wins does the 3A-2 have in the last ten years...maybe 10? Two of the remaining teams from 3-3A have 20 between the two. The next two 3-3A teams have 10 between the two of them. Can you see where this is going?

Offline Coltfan2005

• Head Coach
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 09:09:44 am »

Wrong person
Trophies for what? Conf title in such a weak conf? Sportsmanship? participation? In football there is only one trophy that counts (unless you really want to count the state runner up) and that is the state championship trophy. HA has two in the last ten years, no other team in the that conf has even gotten close. All that means is you have one team that has been and could be really good. Rivercrest has 2 in the last ten years. Should we rank conf's by the actions of one team?
Since you want to just count the last ten years, let's make it really interesting. The true measure of a conf's strength is how they play against other confs not against their own conf. let's leave out non-conf games at the first of the season AND leave out HA and Rivercrest to get the true measure of the OVERALL strength of the conf.
So, how many playoff wins does the 3A-2 have in the last ten years...maybe 10? Two of the remaining teams from 3-3A have 20 between the two. The next two 3-3A teams have 10 between the two of them. Can you see where this is going?

Wrong person get humbled Skippy?

Offline Skip Baymore

• 2nd String
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2019, 12:04:02 am »
Wrong person
Wrong person get humbled Skippy?

Wow!  I had decided to let this go.  You asked if I knew where this was going and I did.  It had taken the exit to Homersville, USA and was travelling there at a high rate of speed.  Its actually already there.   My real argument is Not for the strength of the 2-3A here.  Its more against idiotic statements.  Your problem is that you make aggressive arguments and then support them with numbers that are False!  I only wrote like 4 sentences and you got that wrong!  I said going beyond 10 years would even weaken your argument.  And why did you say "remaining" teams?  That changes the argument all of the sudden.  That would let a 2-3A supporter put in Barton, Mayflower, etc (and others). And "maybe 10 wins"?  HA alone, has won at least one playoff game 15 years in a row. I haven't counted but HA alone probably has close to 20 by itself in the last 10 years.  But you said "maybe 10" which shows your statements are to be taken with a grain of salt and that you don't know what you are talking about.   And just for the record, I believe the 2-3A has been one of the weakest conferences Overall during the past decade, somewhere in the bottom 3 many times,  but actually the weakest maybe once? (twice at most but I don't think so).  And has been in the top half during that period a couple of times also.  And you asked, so the kinds of trophies Im talking about are state championships.  Take it easy bro.  Focus on 4A.  You guys had your plates plenty full in 3A over the years and I know 4A is tougher sledding.  And I am humbled, but not by what you said, lol.  Skip, out.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 12:26:22 am by Skip Baymore »

Offline Coltfan2005

• Head Coach
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2019, 08:43:38 am »
you actually said "just the last 10 years"... and your new post is just as twisted and lacking in knowledge and good sense as your first one. Except for HA, the conf is the one other teams have hoped to meet in the playoffs. Just look at the facts and try not to get your panties in a bunch. I said the conf has 10 wins in the playoffs, after leaving out HA and Rivercrest from the mix. Now you want to throw in teams to conf from outside the 10 year window you wanted. Come on, read the posts. This conf has more weak teams than any other conf in the state, the records prove that.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:57:12 am by Coltfan2005 »

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2019, 01:25:21 pm »
Wow!  I had decided to let this go.  You asked if I knew where this was going and I did.  It had taken the exit to Homersville, USA and was travelling there at a high rate of speed.  Its actually already there.   My real argument is Not for the strength of the 2-3A here.  Its more against idiotic statements.  Your problem is that you make aggressive arguments and then support them with numbers that are False!  I only wrote like 4 sentences and you got that wrong!  I said going beyond 10 years would even weaken your argument.  And why did you say "remaining" teams?  That changes the argument all of the sudden.  That would let a 2-3A supporter put in Barton, Mayflower, etc (and others). And "maybe 10 wins"?  HA alone, has won at least one playoff game 15 years in a row. I haven't counted but HA alone probably has close to 20 by itself in the last 10 years.  But you said "maybe 10" which shows your statements are to be taken with a grain of salt and that you don't know what you are talking about.   And just for the record, I believe the 2-3A has been one of the weakest conferences Overall during the past decade, somewhere in the bottom 3 many times,  but actually the weakest maybe once? (twice at most but I don't think so).  And has been in the top half during that period a couple of times also.  And you asked, so the kinds of trophies Im talking about are state championships.  Take it easy bro.  Focus on 4A.  You guys had your plates plenty full in 3A over the years and I know 4A is tougher sledding.  And I am humbled, but not by what you said, lol.  Skip, out.

By actual count, HA won 22 playoff games between 2009 and 2018, including two 3A championships. Also, three of their playoff losses during that period came to the ultimate state champion, one at WMS.

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2019, 09:42:10 pm »
Looks like the new and improved Mountain View offense may not be enough. Salem a 2A school put up 38 points in the first half. Look for the Yellowjackets to fight it out with Yellville-Summit for 4th place in the 2-3A.

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2019, 10:01:22 pm »
Not such a new era. Mercy-ruled by a 2A team.

Offline Coltfan2005

• Head Coach
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 10:07:02 pm »
By actual count, HA won 22 playoff games between 2009 and 2018, including two 3A championships. Also, three of their playoff losses during that period came to the ultimate state champion, one at WMS.

But HA and Rivercest aren't being counted.

Offline panther07

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2019, 12:14:30 am »
Will Jeff come back?

Offline MynameisJeff

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2019, 07:15:23 am »
That was a tough one there... to start the game Salem onside kicked...scored....onside kicked again....scored. I believe Salem is gonna have another 10 win season.

Offline CoolBreeze

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2019, 12:04:12 pm »
That was a tough one there... to start the game Salem onside kicked...scored....onside kicked again....scored. I believe Salem is gonna have another 10 win season.
But will Mountain View have another 2-win season?

Offline MynameisJeff

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2019, 07:36:08 pm »
Stay humble coolbreeze. Salem is definitely a better team this year than they was last year. They moving up to 3a next year so that 2a your flapping will be done away with bud.

Offline panther07

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2019, 08:24:14 pm »
Stay humble coolbreeze. Salem is definitely a better team this year than they was last year. They moving up to 3a next year so that 2a your flapping will be done away with bud.

Hey Jeff. HA is going to mercy rule Mountain View. And would
Mercy rule Salem. Thatís all

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2019, 09:42:27 pm »
Hey Jeff. HA is going to mercy rule Mountain View. And would
Mercy rule Salem. Thatís all

+1

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center