Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Saturday, August 24th, 2019.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board
2020-22 proposed conferences will be post to FearlessFriday.com shortly. Discussion has already begun. #fearlessfriday
2019 Football Schedules are online, See who your team is playing
FearlessFriday brings Thursday Night Football on TV
Fearless Friday
Southside's Coleman Week 3 POW

Author Topic: Valley View question  (Read 705 times)

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Valley View question
« on: June 25, 2019, 07:30:47 pm »
They had a really good team and some good seniors.  Just wondering why they did not send anyone to All Star game?  Who would have nominated them? 

Offline sevenof400

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Head Coach
Re: Valley View question
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 07:47:04 pm »
A possible explanation is none of the seniors may have wanted to go OR they may have had other plans OR if they plan on playing college ball they may have been advised to NOT play the game. 

I do NOT know firsthand if that applies to Valley View but it is a problem inherent with the structure of all All Star games (across all sports).

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 08:01:37 pm »
I am pretty sure that is not the case with them but we did have one that decided not to attend.  But that is a legit thought.  Just wondering if the coaches or outsiders nominate them?  A team that is that good should have at least had some nominated to attend.

Offline blazeralum

• Band Nerd
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 08:58:45 pm »
The conferences choose their nominees based on position, all-state seniors, etc. and then the coaches of the All-Star teams pick from the nomination list.  The best seniors donít always make the teams. One look at the rosters and you can see that...just another flaw of something run by the AAA.

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 09:47:35 pm »
The conferences choose their nominees based on position, all-state seniors, etc. and then the coaches of the All-Star teams pick from the nomination list.  The best seniors donít always make the teams. One look at the rosters and you can see that...just another flaw of something run by the AAA.

I thought coaches nominated them.  Or put them in the pot so to speak.  I watched a few of the best players sit when I was able to watch them.  One that may have broken the all time steal record and had a very high batting average but was benched at one point for some odd reason.  I am an outsider to this team but know many of these kids.  Watched them grow up playing the game with my son in travel ball.  Some were as good as many on the All Start list.  High school baseball sometimes makes no sense.

Offline blazeralum

• Band Nerd
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 10:39:07 pm »
I thought coaches nominated them.  Or put them in the pot so to speak.  I watched a few of the best players sit when I was able to watch them.  One that may have broken the all time steal record and had a very high batting average but was benched at one point for some odd reason.  I am an outsider to this team but know many of these kids.  Watched them grow up playing the game with my son in travel ball.  Some were as good as many on the All Start list.  High school baseball sometimes makes no sense.

Oh boy...here we go again.  Obviously this has nothing to do with the All-Star game but has everything to do with your continuing crusade to stir the pot with Valley View, how ďmy kid played with their kidĒ in travel ball so they must be as good as mine and Iím gonna go on the message boards for them.  The player you speak of set the record last year as their courtesy runner for catcher and started the year great until an injury got him late in the year. Didnít swing the stick quite the same after.

Our Blazer boys have had an OUTSTANDING last two seasons with contributions from many.  The kids you refer to have graduated, had great careers,  and itís time to move on.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 10:49:20 pm by blazeralum »

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 07:40:55 am »
This was just a question out of curiosity. I love the game of baseball and football. VV is a good school with some good athletes too.  I have nobody in high school either.  No reason to get up in arms.

Offline sevenof400

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Head Coach
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 08:46:11 am »
Oh boy...here we go again.  Obviously this has nothing to do with the All-Star game but has everything to do with your continuing crusade to stir the pot with Valley View, how ďmy kid played with their kidĒ in travel ball so they must be as good as mine and Iím gonna go on the message boards for them.  The player you speak of set the record last year as their courtesy runner for catcher and started the year great until an injury got him late in the year. Didnít swing the stick quite the same after.

Our Blazer boys have had an OUTSTANDING last two seasons with contributions from many.  The kids you refer to have graduated, had great careers,  and itís time to move on.

Blazeralum,

I do not have any connection to Valley View but for years, I've struggled to find sensibility in how AAA makes most of the decisions they do and the way they run things.  How AAA runs the All Star games (again, across all sports) has always been an area of concern over the years and yet AAA has done very little to address the game itself.  It is as if AAA feels it has to conduct All Star games but wants to make the process leading up to the All Star game (and the games themselves) as convenient for AAA without more consideration of the players, parents and fans.  It is another example of the disconnect between AAA and the world at large.

None of that is meant to be cast at you in a negative manner - rather it is the frustration of watching an intractable organization continue to exist in a parasitic manner when it comes to high school sports. 

Offline blazeralum

• Band Nerd
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 09:39:43 am »
Blazeralum,

I do not have any connection to Valley View but for years, I've struggled to find sensibility in how AAA makes most of the decisions they do and the way they run things.  How AAA runs the All Star games (again, across all sports) has always been an area of concern over the years and yet AAA has done very little to address the game itself.  It is as if AAA feels it has to conduct All Star games but wants to make the process leading up to the All Star game (and the games themselves) as convenient for AAA without more consideration of the players, parents and fans.  It is another example of the disconnect between AAA and the world at large.

None of that is meant to be cast at you in a negative manner - rather it is the frustration of watching an intractable organization continue to exist in a parasitic manner when it comes to high school sports.

My response wasnít directed towards you!  We are in agreement!

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center