Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, November 22nd, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: CONCACAF Gold Cup 2019  (Read 722 times)

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Storm into the party like my name was El Nino
CONCACAF Gold Cup 2019
« on: June 15, 2019, 10:33:05 pm »
Will the USMNT show up or lay down belly up?

Mexico beating Cuba 5-0 now.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 10:42:31 pm »
USA up 3-0 on Guyana.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:08:23 pm »
Taking care of business

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 06:52:00 am »
Taking care of business

We sure did. Keep improving.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 11:14:47 pm »
1-0 over Panama.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 09:52:28 pm »
I just canít stand Mexico.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 10:28:01 pm »
I am not sure we can beat them right now, but I hope so bad we take care of business and beat them in the final and it's not even close. I can't believe Haiti came back from 0-2 to win 3-2 over Canada. So good for that nation.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 10:06:07 am »
That was a long long match. I was really hoping Costa Rica would have pulled out with the win. One thing costa rica did was match Mexicoís physical and aggressive play. I wish we were more aggressive.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 08:39:35 pm »
USA men are up 1-0 at the half... If we pull it out we will play Jamaica in the semis

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 09:34:48 pm »
USA men are up 1-0 at the half... If we pull it out we will play Jamaica in the semis

Lackluster win. But a win is a win. Jamaica wonít lay down. And Mexico looms...

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 11:23:14 am »
United States Vs Mexico

The one we have been waiting for.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 01:05:08 pm »
The two, 20 year olds carrying the torch... Sunday soccer day now for the USA

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 10:11:44 pm »
As a proud son of a Mexican immigrant, I proud to say Mexico makes me sick to my stomach. Screw you Mexico.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 10:45:07 pm »
That one stings for sure... I had a hunch our early chances we did not capitalize on would come back to bite us.

Offline sevenof400

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Head Coach
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 08:44:13 am »
I haven't watched much of this Gold Cup but I did tune in for most of the 2nd half last night.  One thing for sure - FIFA's efforts to deal with time wasting are failing miserably.  In watching from the 55th minute on, there could have easily been 8-10 minutes of added time as a result of substitutions and Mexico's time wasting.  3 minutes was a horrible mismanagement on the part of the referee crew.  The sequence of play near the Mexico goal very late in the game where a Mexican player went down in their own area (in front of the goal) should have resulted in a card for the player who did this - and yet nothing from the referee. 

That's just one example - there were more but listing them isn't worth the time.  What else jumped out (and is far more important) was the (near) complete lack of imagination in the U.S. attack.  Mexico's goal was nice combination play that produced a goal scoring opportunity.  All the U.S. did in this period of time (with a couple of exceptions) was route one ball and try to bang crosses off defenders to produce corner kicks.   Bradley made a off the ball run in the Mexico goal area that created the best scoring opportunity I saw, but that run was about the only meaningful one the U.S. made during the portion of the match I watched.

We should be further along (developmentally) by this point in our soccer history but the fact is we clearly are not.  This is where USSF is (once again) hindering - instead of promoting - progress.  I know all of us here know this, but sometimes catharsis is just necessary......

Sigh. 

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2019, 08:54:49 am »
I haven't watched much of this Gold Cup but I did tune in for most of the 2nd half last night.  One thing for sure - FIFA's efforts to deal with time wasting are failing miserably.  In watching from the 55th minute on, there could have easily been 8-10 minutes of added time as a result of substitutions and Mexico's time wasting.  3 minutes was a horrible mismanagement on the part of the referee crew.  The sequence of play near the Mexico goal very late in the game where a Mexican player went down in their own area (in front of the goal) should have resulted in a card for the player who did this - and yet nothing from the referee. 

That's just one example - there were more but listing them isn't worth the time.  What else jumped out (and is far more important) was the (near) complete lack of imagination in the U.S. attack.  Mexico's goal was nice combination play that produced a goal scoring opportunity.  All the U.S. did in this period of time (with a couple of exceptions) was route one ball and try to bang crosses off defenders to produce corner kicks.   Bradley made a off the ball run in the Mexico goal area that created the best scoring opportunity I saw, but that run was about the only meaningful one the U.S. made during the portion of the match I watched.

We should be further along (developmentally) by this point in our soccer history but the fact is we clearly are not.  This is where USSF is (once again) hindering - instead of promoting - progress.  I know all of us here know this, but sometimes catharsis is just necessary......

Sigh. 

Multiple hand balls missed.

The time wasting by Mexico is disgusting. And yes, as a country, we should be competing with the world regularly in soccer. We have the resources, the facilities and monies to do so.

Iím just agitated. Mexico, of all people to lose to on your own turf.

Offline sevenof400

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Head Coach
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 08:57:52 am »
Multiple hand balls missed.

The time wasting by Mexico is disgusting. And yes, as a country, we should be competing with the world regularly in soccer. We have the resources, the facilities and monies to do so.

Iím just agitated. Mexico, of all people to lose to on your own turf.

And what about that crowd last night - the Chicago crowd really pumped up the home team didn't they???

Holy crap - where can the US actually have a home field advantage?  Maybe play games in Buffalo?  That's embarrassing and that too is all on the USSF.   

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 09:01:17 am »
And what about that crowd last night - the Chicago crowd really pumped up the home team didn't they???

Holy crap - where can the US actually have a home field advantage?  Maybe play games in Buffalo?  That's embarrassing and that too is all on the USSF.   

I get more ticked that 96% of those Mexican fans LIVE HERE....and pledging allegiance to Mexico. It just ticks me off.

Majority of Americanís still are unsure of soccer as well. Which is weird to me. I find it way more entertaining than sitting on my hands watching 9 innings of bat swings.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 09:04:24 am by AirWarren »

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center