Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, November 17th, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Who you got?  (Read 9593 times)

Offline LeftyWorld

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Who you got?
« on: June 01, 2019, 10:12:25 pm »
Who is looking like they will make a run at a championship next year? Any big move ins or move outs that may really help or hurt a team?

Offline FoxandHound34

• 2nd String
Re: Who you got?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 12:55:08 pm »
Saw where Jalen Ricks from Sylvan Hills is going to Oak Hill academy next year in Virginia. Lots of big time players have played at that school

Online zebrafan

• All Star
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 02:27:15 pm »
Marion will be stout again. I believe they picked up a (big) from West Helena Central.

Online zebrafan

• All Star
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 02:28:17 pm »
Saw where Jalen Ricks from Sylvan Hills is going to Oak Hill academy next year in Virginia. Lots of big time players have played at that school
Tough loss for Sylvan Hills! Still have some players though!

Offline MR.GOMAB

• Bench Warmer
  • Mineral Springs Alum/Magnolia Panther Adopted
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 04:42:12 pm »
Tough loss for Sylvan Hills! Still have some players though!

Nick Smith Jr. may be the only one left at Sylvan Hills. J. Guy-King is transferring to Mills

Online zebrafan

• All Star
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 12:35:20 am »
Nick Smith Jr. may be the only one left at Sylvan Hills. J. Guy-King is transferring to Mills
Yep!

Offline LeftyWorld

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 10:06:13 am »
Everybody must be in football mode in the 5A! Been awful quiet

Offline Walter s

• Water Boy
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 12:34:51 pm »
On the girls side, Iím thinking Vilonia has a strong chance to win state the next 2 yrs. LRC will have something to say, but I think Vilonia takes them down.

Offline LeftyWorld

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 11:05:12 am »
On the boys side I am thinking this may be one of the most competitive years around the state, not sure of a real powerhouse team or even 3-4 that everyone is banking on. Seems like there is 10+ teams that could make that run. On the girls side Ive heard LRC had some good recruits/transfers come in over summer for the girls side. Vilonia is always salty but can just cant get over that hump to get to hot springs. This may be the year though.

Offline Shootthe3

• Band Nerd
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2019, 08:56:05 am »
Jacksonville, WM, and Marion will be stout.

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 09:07:31 am »
On the girls side, Iím thinking Vilonia has a strong chance to win state the next 2 yrs. LRC will have something to say, but I think Vilonia takes them down.

Heard they got a girl with D1 offers over the summer

Offline Walter s

• Water Boy
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2019, 04:12:27 pm »
I heard that also, so I guess itís true. Sheís a good player and will make them better, but honestly they were pretty loaded without her. They should be fun to watch

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2019, 04:34:27 pm »
I heard that also, so I guess itís true. Sheís a good player and will make them better, but honestly they were pretty loaded without her. They should be fun to watch

👍 Just knew her leaving the previous school was a big blow to them

Offline Walter s

• Water Boy
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2019, 05:04:35 pm »
👍 Just knew her leaving the previous school was a big blow to them
Yes. I enjoyed watching her and Hunicutt play together. They lost a good coach also imo

Offline LeftyWorld

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2019, 01:04:19 pm »

Is it not a AAA rule that any player who moves to a private school has to sit out a year regardless of "domicile"?

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 01:24:31 pm »
Is it not a AAA rule that any player who moves to a private school has to sit out a year regardless of "domicile"?

Vilonia isn't a private school

Offline Ctucker

• All Star
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 07:43:18 pm »
I donít think so! Kid from south side batesville moved to Harding and played!

Offline longshotss

• Band Nerd
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 12:32:11 pm »

I think it will come down to Nettleton, Vilonia, and LRCA.

Nettleton easily has the best player in the state in Eaton (a senior), but not much of a supporting cast, Vilonia's top 4 players (mostly juniors and seniors) are all very talented and make them tough to defend and likely make them the deepest team, but LRCA's top two players (the junior forward and the sophomore shooter) are more talented that the Vilonia 4, but the team lacks Vilonia's depth across the lineup.

Joneboro's Salary lacks a deep supporting cast, but at least should be mentioned.

I would put those teams as the top four teams, with Vilonia having a slight edge overall. 

Offline cannon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 11:43:45 am »
I think it will come down to Nettleton, Vilonia, and LRCA.

Nettleton easily has the best player in the state in Eaton (a senior), but not much of a supporting cast, Vilonia's top 4 players (mostly juniors and seniors) are all very talented and make them tough to defend and likely make them the deepest team, but LRCA's top two players (the junior forward and the sophomore shooter) are more talented that the Vilonia 4, but the team lacks Vilonia's depth across the lineup.

Joneboro's Salary lacks a deep supporting cast, but at least should be mentioned.

I would put those teams as the top four teams, with Vilonia having a slight edge overall.

I disagree with much of your analysis where Nettleton and Jonesboro are concerned. Eaton is one of the better players in the state, but I think Wynter Rogers (LRCA) is as good or better. As for the lack of supporting cast, Nettleton has Byrd, who takes up a sizable piece of real estate in the paint and performs well.  Add to that the fact that they have Woodruff, Dacus, Crippen, and several other solid players AND just picked up a top-shelf sophomore guard (Pena) from Highland, I'd say they're stacked pretty well. Unfortunately, they've had nationally ranked top-10 teams for years, but they've never been able to close the deal.

As for Jonesboro, Salary just picked up a deep supporting cast. Hardaway, a sophomore, IMHO is one of the top 5 PG's in the state and already has offers at the D-1 level. Destiny Thomas, a 6-4 big, will have an enormous impact. Paris Moore, another sophomore from Annie Camp's 28-0 team, will also have a legitimate impact. They'll be discernibly better than they were last season. Frankly, I expect them to end above Nettleton in the conference, but that'll depend heavily on how Nettleton's guard play shakes down.

When the dust settles, I've seen Vilonia play exactly ZERO games and I've only seen LRCA play one, but if I were putting money down on the next state champion, I'd put it on LRCA. The one game I've seen them play may have been a fluke, but what I watched was extraordinarily impressive.

Offline OB11

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • All Star
  • 6+4+3=2
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 09:38:51 am »
I disagree with much of your analysis where Nettleton and Jonesboro are concerned. Eaton is one of the better players in the state, but I think Wynter Rogers (LRCA) is as good or better. As for the lack of supporting cast, Nettleton has Byrd, who takes up a sizable piece of real estate in the paint and performs well.  Add to that the fact that they have Woodruff, Dacus, Crippen, and several other solid players AND just picked up a top-shelf sophomore guard (Pena) from Highland, I'd say they're stacked pretty well. Unfortunately, they've had nationally ranked top-10 teams for years, but they've never been able to close the deal.

As for Jonesboro, Salary just picked up a deep supporting cast. Hardaway, a sophomore, IMHO is one of the top 5 PG's in the state and already has offers at the D-1 level. Destiny Thomas, a 6-4 big, will have an enormous impact. Paris Moore, another sophomore from Annie Camp's 28-0 team, will also have a legitimate impact. They'll be discernibly better than they were last season. Frankly, I expect them to end above Nettleton in the conference, but that'll depend heavily on how Nettleton's guard play shakes down.

When the dust settles, I've seen Vilonia play exactly ZERO games and I've only seen LRCA play one, but if I were putting money down on the next state champion, I'd put it on LRCA. The one game I've seen them play may have been a fluke, but what I watched was extraordinarily impressive.

Nettleton got ANOTHER transfer?

Offline cannon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 01:17:22 pm »
Nettleton got ANOTHER transfer?

Briley (SP?) Pena.  Sophomore transfer from Highland.  She played up as point guard on their sr. high team last season.  She's a really nice player. 

Online ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2019, 09:00:25 pm »
Briley (SP?) Pena.  Sophomore transfer from Highland.  She played up as point guard on their sr. high team last season.  She's a really nice player.

Dang, I hate getting outbid........

Offline cannon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 05:58:10 am »

I know, right? 

Offline OB11

• All Star
  • 6+4+3=2
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2019, 10:03:26 am »
I know, right? 

I really hate throwing the "R" word around on here. But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Offline cannon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2019, 06:31:08 pm »
I really hate throwing the "R" word around on here. But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

To be fair, we really hoped that she'd come to Valley View. But I really don't think it was that (R) way. That kid's played for multiple travel teams that my daughter has squared off against, and she's a really good player.  We heard rumors before last season ended that her father was considering a job in Jonesboro, so I'm inclined to believe that it was legitimately a bona fide move. I'd guess it simply came down to what school district they wanted to move into up here. To her credit, she'll have to compete against some really talented players for court time, so I give them the nod for swinging for the fence.

Offline Chief_Osceolaô

• Hall of Famer
  • 'Nets & 'Noles
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 11:54:09 pm »
Vilonia isn't a private school

I think he meant the 'transfers' to LRCA's girls team.  I could be wrong though; it's happened before.

On a related note, if there is some kind of loophole and they are eligible to compete in varsity athletics, I'd love to hear it.  Maybe via PM though.  I wouldn't want something that valuable getting out to the public at large.

Offline OB11

• All Star
  • 6+4+3=2
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2019, 09:00:44 am »
To be fair, we really hoped that she'd come to Valley View. But I really don't think it was that (R) way. That kid's played for multiple travel teams that my daughter has squared off against, and she's a really good player.  We heard rumors before last season ended that her father was considering a job in Jonesboro, so I'm inclined to believe that it was legitimately a bona fide move. I'd guess it simply came down to what school district they wanted to move into up here. To her credit, she'll have to compete against some really talented players for court time, so I give them the nod for swinging for the fence.

More of a track record thing for me with the Nettleton situation. They have gotten several D1 players move there from different schools over the past few years.

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2019, 10:53:49 am »
I think he meant the 'transfers' to LRCA's girls team.  I could be wrong though; it's happened before.

On a related note, if there is some kind of loophole and they are eligible to compete in varsity athletics, I'd love to hear it.  Maybe via PM though.  I wouldn't want something that valuable getting out to the public at large.

In all seriousness don't Arkansas private schools have an elgibility attendance zone that say a kid from Poyen can move to little Rock and immediately be eligible? Pretty sure a girl went from Poyen to little Rock Christian last year without sitting out?

Online Ice Water

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 11:50:39 am »
In all seriousness don't Arkansas private schools have an elgibility attendance zone that say a kid from Poyen can move to little Rock and immediately be eligible? Pretty sure a girl went from Poyen to little Rock Christian last year without sitting out?

25 mile radius from the private school. Make a legitimate move from outside that zone to inside that zone, and the kid is eligible.

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2019, 08:49:55 am »
25 mile radius from the private school. Make a legitimate move from outside that zone to inside that zone, and the kid is eligible.

👍

Offline Rocket23

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2019, 12:06:15 pm »
And she went back to Poyen this year.

Offline LeftyWorld

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 11:02:02 am »

J. Transfers Involving Nonpublic/Nonmember Schools.
1. From Public to Nonpublic School.
a. A student transferring from a public school to a nonpublic school may meet the domicile
requirement and be immediately eligible for interscholastic athletic participation if the student
enrolls by July 1 before entering the 7th grade. When a nonpublic school does not offer
enrollment for grades 7 and/or 8, the student may become immediately eligible by enrolling by
July 1 prior to the lowest grade offered by that school provided the CSAP form is signed.
Students enrolling in a nonpublic school after the period provided for immediate eligibility
above shall be ineligible for 365 days.
b. After July 1 prior to entering the 7th grade, a student whose parents live outside a 25-mile
radius of a nonpublic school must make a bona fide move to within a 25-mile radius of the
school that the student will attend to become eligible.
  Key word here is PRIOR. The way i understand this is the only way that move within 25 miles is able to become eligible is BEFORE/prior to 7th grade.

Online Ice Water

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2019, 12:54:11 pm »
Right, if they already reside inside that 25 mile radius, then they must sit a year if enrolling after 7th grade begins.

But if they reside outside that radius, and move (not transfer but actually change residences) into that radius, then they are eligible. For example, a 10th grader moves from Jonesboro to Searcy, he can be eligible at Harding Academy if he chooses to attend there.

Offline 501 to 870

• Water Boy
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2019, 12:04:36 pm »
Yes! Career job. Decided not to land in a 4A school that is in the same conference as Highland. (Westside, VV, Brookland) That left Jonesboro and Nettleton. Asked questions on individual programs. #3 is at Nettleton.

Offline ozarkansas

• Water Boy
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 08:13:52 am »

We will get a good idea of who some of the best teams in the state are early-on at the Dandra Thomas Invitational. Vilonia plays Fayetteville in round 1 and the winner of that game plays the winner of NLR vs Jonesboro. LRCA is on the other side of the bracket.

https://www.facebook.com/DoIt4Dandra/photos/a.316806235765240/528410064604855/?type=3&theater

Offline cannon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2019, 02:27:44 pm »
We will get a good idea of who some of the best teams in the state are early-on at the Dandra Thomas Invitational. Vilonia plays Fayetteville in round 1 and the winner of that game plays the winner of NLR vs Jonesboro. LRCA is on the other side of the bracket.

https://www.facebook.com/DoIt4Dandra/photos/a.316806235765240/528410064604855/?type=3&theater

That's a nice lineup of marquee teams.

Offline NEA Razorback olfan

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2019, 07:33:14 pm »

She would fit right in at Brookland ;D

Offline cannon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 08:41:41 pm »
She would fit right in at Brookland ;D

I know, right?  Definitely wouldnít have hurt my feelings to have seen that young lady sporting blue & gold.

Oh well, itís gonna be a long season for most of the girls teams in the conference. I genuinely donít expect to see any 14-0 conference records coming down in the East this time. Just too many good players bouncing around to have a confident handle on where everybody lands this go-round.

Offline NEA Razorback olfan

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 09:34:22 pm »
I know, right?  Definitely wouldnít have hurt my feelings to have seen that young lady sporting blue & gold.

Oh well, itís gonna be a long season for most of the girls teams in the conference. I genuinely donít expect to see any 14-0 conference records coming down in the East this time. Just too many good players bouncing around to have a confident handle on where everybody lands this go-round.

I agree, should be interesting
Our girls start things off on 11/16 at Marmaduke Classic , not sure who we play though.

Offline 1/2 Court press

• Cheerleader
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2019, 11:51:01 am »
I agree, should be interesting
Our girls start things off on 11/16 at Marmaduke Classic , not sure who we play though.

Unless it has changed I was told it would be a rematch of Brookland and Riverside.  Still a lot of time between now and then so it could change.

Offline Basketballfan13

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2019, 12:18:56 pm »
Unless it has changed I was told it would be a rematch of Brookland and Riverside.  Still a lot of time between now and then so it could change.

Brookland will play Riverside that night at 7:30

Offline Central AR

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2019, 09:07:48 pm »
Vilonia has to be the favorite for the girls. They were the only 5A team to beat LRCA last year and almost did it twice. Their entire starting five is back, plus they added a transfer in with a D1 offer. Three of their players are receiving major D1 interest after winning the Adidas National Championship this summer. Vilonia is still young. They will start four juniors and one senior. It will be scary how good this team will be next year but this year itíll be enough.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center