Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, September 15th, 2019.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board
2020-22 proposed conferences will be post to FearlessFriday.com shortly. Discussion has already begun. #fearlessfriday
2019 Football Schedules are online, See who your team is playing
FearlessFriday brings Thursday Night Football on TV
Fearless Friday
Southside's Coleman Week 3 POW

Author Topic: 1-3A ?  (Read 1394 times)

Offline MICHAELSPAPPY

• Starter
    • Michaelspappy's UALR Blogspot
1-3A ?
« on: May 24, 2019, 10:34:33 am »
Any honest, informed guesses as to how next season might pan out? We have had a chance to look at the teams in the spring games, for what that is worth. More than one team has had casualties in the roster.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:31:00 am by MICHAELSPAPPY »

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: 3A-1 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 02:40:41 pm »
I won't make any predictions but some thoughts

Booneville- got to be the favorites still even with the loss of that amazing senior class cause of the tradition, numbers, and expectations as a program. I expect them to be in at least a couple close games though this time around. Can someone catch them on an off night and pull out an upset win? Last year they were so dominant the couple times they came out sluggish they were so good in the 2nd half they just came out firing on all pistons and blew the game out. We will see but still are favorites

Lamar- I hear they lost some lineman which was a strength and a TE. They have an established enough program now that roster numbers are good enough they will still be in it. Will they tinker with the offense a little? Coach Jones seems to be very good at adapting to what he has to mold the offense so that will be their biggest thing to look for.

Mansfield- Those WR's and QB are very good for the 3A and the best combo at those positions in the conference but their small line hurts them at times running the ball and stopping the run. They'll have another good year with those skill guys

Greenland- they lose some but enough is left behind for them to stay in the playoff hunt. That #16 is a smooth athlete and good playmaker all around. Plus, Greenland always has good roster depth for the 3A level which always keeps them at least competitive

Charleston- they might be the biggest story to look at. Their coach could light an immediate fire in the team, but their offense struggled last year. How quick they adapt will determine their success.

Cedarville- can a JH group that just went undefeated last year help immediately? That will be the determination of whether they can jump into the top 4 area or not. With that RB moving move up from JH and the other young back they had they will probably have the best young running duo in the conference but again it will be how much impact is made immediately

Paris and West Fork- Paris had a better JH group so I expect them a better shot at improving plus throw in West Fork with low roster numbers they will struggle to improve as quickly as they may like. I hope one of these teams makes an improvement. If one does this would be quite the deep conference by 3A standards
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 02:42:22 pm by beach bum »

Offline MICHAELSPAPPY

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 04:52:14 pm »
Lamar- I hear they lost some lineman which was a strength and a TE. They have an established enough program now that roster numbers are good enough they will still be in it. Will they tinker with the offense a little? Coach Jones seems to be very good at adapting to what he has to mold the offense so that will be their biggest thing to look for.

I saw their spring scrimmage, and even though you can't tell much from it, I was encouraged. Numbers were good. They will have to replace a QB, but the replacement is VERY quick. Big guys up front looked solid. As always, they have some hard running backs.

Offline x14113

• Fearless Friday Historian
  • Assistant Coach
  • W-T-F: Watch The Fake!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 02:16:43 pm »
For those curious, here's how Calpreps ranks the conference as of this writing.

1] Booneville
2] Lamar
3] Mansfield
4] Charleston
5] Greenland
6] Cedarville
7] West Fork
8] Paris

Apparently, returning QBs mean a lot to this ranking system.

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 04:41:56 pm »

1] Booneville
2] Lamar
3] Mansfield
4] Charleston
5] Greenland
6] Cedarville
7] West Fork
8] Paris

Doesn't look bad to me....Does seem weird to see Charleston at 4th tho

Offline nastynice

• Starter
  • MAGA!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 02:56:43 pm »

1] Booneville
2] Lamar
3] Mansfield
4] Charleston
5] Greenland
6] Cedarville
7] West Fork
8] Paris

Doubt it. Cause Lamarís isnít returning.

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 03:11:30 pm »
Doesn't look bad to me....Does seem weird to see Charleston at 4th tho
Yes it does

Offline x14113

• Fearless Friday Historian
  • Assistant Coach
  • W-T-F: Watch The Fake!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 11:27:50 am »
Doubt it. Cause Lamarís isnít returning.

They will have to replace a QB, but the replacement is VERY quick.

Are we talking about Mayes or Pelts? They seemed to split time under center last year judging by the stats.

Offline MICHAELSPAPPY

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 02:26:42 pm »
Are we talking about Mayes or Pelts? They seemed to split time under center last year judging by the stats.

I think this is correct: Mays graduated. Pelts did not play in the spring. In the spring scrimmage Permenter was the starter, and looked pretty good.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:07:24 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY »

Offline MICHAELSPAPPY

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 02:14:22 pm »
Booneville- got to be the favorites still even with the loss of that amazing senior class cause of the tradition, numbers, and expectations as a program. I expect them to be in at least a couple close games though this time around. Can someone catch them on an off night and pull out an upset win? Last year they were so dominant the couple times they came out sluggish they were so good in the 2nd half they just came out firing on all pistons and blew the game out. We will see but still are favorites

Supposed to still have a very good line, and whoever has good big guys has a leg up.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center