Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, December 15th, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Dumas  (Read 18446 times)

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
Re: Dumas
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2019, 12:57:35 pm »
If he transfers I could see him fitting in at McGehee it’s close to Dumas and he could turn McGehee into a dangerous team this season.
Mcgehee is already gonna be a dangerous team. He could turn them into a better team.

Offline Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2019, 01:33:02 pm »
Yep the AAA is a force to be reckoned with on enforcing this rule.
Right! Lol, I too got a laugh out if that long winded mess about the strict transfer rules! They’re never enforced.

Offline zebrafan

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2019, 04:52:10 pm »
Well, Robinson, of course...
😂😂😂 plus 1!!

Offline Billie Blue

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2019, 07:04:21 pm »
Any word yet if the coach has got fired yet I have heard several rumors but has anything been official yet

Offline SUGARTOWN

• Head Coach
  • FF SUPER ELITE-Educating the masses since 2001
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2019, 08:11:26 pm »
If they were going to fire him I think they would’ve already done so. They’re just hoping it blows over till practice starts at this point.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2019, 08:13:37 pm »
Being suspended without pay will be back week 3 or 4.

Offline Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2019, 08:59:30 am »
Being suspended without pay will be back week 3 or 4.
It seems the Admins have handled this terribly. Those student athletes deserved to have quick resolution. Either keep him and get him right back with them so he can attempt to make amends or terminate quickly. Instead, this has turned into a slow burning dumpster fire, that will undoubtedly burn for many years. I’m curious if the coach lawyered up, which puts a financial/legal burden on a small school who doesn’t feel confident in terminating with what they have in his personnel file. I’m not sure what was best for the players was considered by either party here, sadly.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:06:49 am by Sigmund Sauer »

Offline mr.gametime

• Starter
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2019, 07:12:03 pm »
Have heard the Qb is transferring? Any word

That might be a risky move if the AAA gets involved...he might miss out on playing his Sr.year. He already has a couple of scholarship offers and alot more schools looking at him....and good performance by him this year could do wonders for his opportunity to play at the next level.

Offline Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2019, 07:34:29 pm »
That might be a risky move if the AAA gets involved...he might miss out on playing his Sr.year. He already has a couple of scholarship offers and alot more schools looking at him....and good performance by him this year could do wonders for his opportunity to play at the next level.
With the way things went down, the AAA nor any other school is going to pursue any penalties against a player who leaves that program. Now, Dumas “could,” but I think it’s clear they are avoiding any further media attention at all costs.

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2019, 09:24:59 am »
So our senior boys basketball team was in Drew Central yesterday and one of their players called one of our players a "B***h A** N***a". A fight almost started between the players. Somebody in the bleachers blurts out "They use to being called that "!

This decision to keep this man is very sad for our town because outsiders now think that it is okay to use that word toward our players. Football is just about the biggest thing in every small town with a high school so the head coach is held to high platform. He messed up at a high platform and was allowed to stay so it now has outsiders thinking that since the football coach can say it, then they can too.

Offline Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2019, 10:08:39 am »
So our senior boys basketball team was in Drew Central yesterday and one of their players called one of our players a "B***h A** N***a". A fight almost started between the players. Somebody in the bleachers blurts out "They use to being called that "!

This decision to keep this man is very sad for our town because outsiders now think that it is okay to use that word toward our players. Football is just about the biggest thing in every small town with a high school so the head coach is held to high platform. He messed up at a high platform and was allowed to stay so it now has outsiders thinking that since the football coach can say it, then they can too.
That’s terrible, I hate it for the students and athletes at Dumas. None of them deserve this. I honestly never thought anything good could come of keeping him on after what happened but didn’t even think of them having to deal with things like this as well. Sounds like it may be a safety issue at this point wherever they travel. Admins at schools will have to monitor closely that this type behavior doesn’t continue toward the Dumas fans and players.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:10:25 am by Sigmund Sauer »

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2019, 11:07:48 am »
And the coach has yet to make an apology. This occurred Friday, May 3rd. I feel like he should’ve made a public apology before the day was over or at least before the week was over. White members of the community held a rally for him and for us to forgive and forget, but seeing that they are white and the n word has no relation to them, they aren’t of any standing to be forgiving to him for they have not been disrespected in anyway, but he failed to even show up to the rally. He should’ve been on it trying to apologize for his actions to the entire town, especially the black community. He was in hiding and we didn’t hear a word from him. He didn’t even fight for his job, he didn’t have to, that’s the perks of white privilege. Now our young black youth has to reap the consequences. And please don’t let one try to retaliate on someone for using this word on them because I don’t think the odds would be in our favor. Pray for Dumas.

Offline Mr. Mercer

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2019, 02:02:00 pm »
And the coach has yet to make an apology. This occurred Friday, May 3rd. I feel like he should’ve made a public apology before the day was over or at least before the week was over. White members of the community held a rally for him and for us to forgive and forget, but seeing that they are white and the n word has no relation to them, they aren’t of any standing to be forgiving to him for they have not been disrespected in anyway, but he failed to even show up to the rally. He should’ve been on it trying to apologize for his actions to the entire town, especially the black community. He was in hiding and we didn’t hear a word from him. He didn’t even fight for his job, he didn’t have to, that’s the perks of white privilege. Now our young black youth has to reap the consequences. And please don’t let one try to retaliate on someone for using this word on them because I don’t think the odds would be in our favor. Pray for Dumas.

What’s the school board or Supt had to say publicly? How many kids have decided to transfer? Seems odd because at first there was word of kids wanting him to stay and holding rallies or whatever. Then you hear the QB is leaving, but no definite news on that front.  Seems like the whole story isn’t out there and I figure a news station would be all over this (especially in today’s America) until the final decision was made.

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Storm into the party like my name was El Nino
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2019, 02:52:52 pm »
What’s the school board or Supt had to say publicly? How many kids have decided to transfer? Seems odd because at first there was word of kids wanting him to stay and holding rallies or whatever. Then you hear the QB is leaving, but no definite news on that front.  Seems like the whole story isn’t out there and I figure a news station would be all over this (especially in today’s America) until the final decision was made.

Bingo.

Sounds like to me his lawyer has it until control and he has been advised to keep quiet on the manner.

Everyone in Dumas needs to move on. Get behind the team or file for school choice paperwork. The Supe of Dumas is a good man and if he hasn’t fired the man yet, “the people of color” need to get behind the district, forgive and move on.

Wouldn’t he surprised after these “stud” seniors leave he is gone after this year anyways. Especially if Warren wins conference again. That may be the deal anyways. Finish out the year and find a new job next year. No need to flush the season down the drain with a lame duck intern or replacement. Everyone just needs to calm down.

Offline ISU7

• Head Coach
  • 2017 pick-ems champ🏆2018 pick ems runner up
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2019, 08:09:29 am »
If he doesn't play another down of high school ball, that kid will still play college ball somewhere.

Offline KASH dba The Lumberjack

• Starter
  • Love bleeding Orange and Black
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2019, 01:20:33 pm »
Why should he apologize to the whole town? He needs to make amends to the person he said it to.
If you’re going to start on white privilege, let me borrow your soapbox for a second. Calvin Gragg is black. Mr. Gragg is Pennington’s boss which means a white coach has to answer to a black superintendent. I’m lost on your privilege talking points.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:44:16 pm by KASH dba The Lumberjack »

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2019, 01:56:59 pm »
Why should be apologize to the whole town? He needs to make amends to the person he said it to.
If you’re going to start on white privilege, let me borrow your soapbox for a second. Calvin Gragg is black. Mr. Gragg is Pennington’s boss which means a white coach has to answer to a black superintendent. I’m lost on your privilege talking points.

Gragg is a good dude! He is black and the Superintendent...with a school board of predominately white members. All that has to be considered. I thought I read the coach had apologized to the kids on the team and adults involved, I'm sure he's been advised not to say much more than that. Lot of this is just rumor but it seems to me the decision not to fire the head coach was made weeks ago. I see nothing wrong suspending him for a few weeks.

Offline Mr. Mercer

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2019, 02:03:46 pm »
Why should be apologize to the whole town? He needs to make amends to the person he said it to.

This is my thinking as well. Don’t get me wrong I think there should of been a change, BUT if the kids and parents are willing to move on, then everyone else should as well. Think those who had little or nothing to do with it are more upset than the kids.

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2019, 02:22:49 pm »
This is my thinking as well. Don’t get me wrong I think there should of been a change, BUT if the kids and parents are willing to move on, then everyone else should as well. Think those who had little or nothing to do with it are more upset than the kids.

Yep.

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2019, 05:08:21 pm »
Bingo.

Sounds like to me his lawyer has it until control and he has been advised to keep quiet on the manner.

Everyone in Dumas needs to move on. Get behind the team or file for school choice paperwork. The Supe of Dumas is a good man and if he hasn’t fired the man yet, “the people of color” need to get behind the district, forgive and move on.

Wouldn’t he surprised after these “stud” seniors leave he is gone after this year anyways. Especially if Warren wins conference again. That may be the deal anyways. Finish out the year and find a new job next year. No need to flush the season down the drain with a lame duck intern or replacement. Everyone just needs to calm down.
What race are you? If you are white, you have no place in telling me to move on. How can we calm down & move on if just recently a WHITE player used the word at one of our players? They feel it is okay to use the word at our players since the football coach can.

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2019, 05:11:47 pm »
Gragg is a good dude! He is black and the Superintendent...with a school board of predominately white members. All that has to be considered. I thought I read the coach had apologized to the kids on the team and adults involved, I'm sure he's been advised not to say much more than that. Lot of this is just rumor but it seems to me the decision not to fire the head coach was made weeks ago. I see nothing wrong suspending him for a few weeks.

A superintendent can only recommend someone’s termination. It is then up to the vote of the school board who chose to keep him. Suspension is not enough as this opens our small town to much more seeing that we allow these things. First he said “i hate n***ers” then Drew Central player called one of our players a “b**** a** n****”. Him staying will only lead to it getting worse.

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2019, 05:14:33 pm »
How can I let my child play for someone who hates them? When you make someone mad, however they react, that’s the real them. What would I be teaching my child by letting him play? “Oh son anybody can disrespect you, you can still be their friend and make them look good.” 

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2019, 05:19:55 pm »
Why should he apologize to the whole town? He needs to make amends to the person he said it to.

That word is not personal... It's a blanket statement about an entire race so it does appear he does need to apologize to more than just that person when he wants to be so ignorant to use a word like that over a text message that can be saved. The fact that we have people on this board still in support of the coach is saddening. I don't care if the sup is white, black, Asian and same goes for the coach. Act like a professional and civilized person when you are in a position of leadership.

I said this in a previous post before also... Just take out the idiocy that he sent that over a text message that can be saved.... But what any teacher or coach will tell you is that the hardest part of their job is dealing with difficult parents. He proved he was incapable of handling those situations professionally even when you take out the racial part of the whole ordeal. This man proved he does not have the character or professionalism to be in a position of leadership plain and simple and to handle difficult situations in a proper manner. I am confused why we still seem to have people defending the coach? I am starting to question the sup in this whole situation cause does the coach have dirt on the district leaders or what cause this seems like a pretty clear cut place where a person should have been terminated but the district literally seems scared in their boots to fire that person.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2019, 05:22:15 pm »
How can I let my child play for someone who hates them? When you make someone mad, however they react, that’s the real them. What would I be teaching my child by letting him play? “Oh son anybody can disrespect you, you can still be their friend and make them look good.”

+1 … If you do personally have a son on that team I applaud you if that is the choice you made to not have him play for a person in a leadership position who shows zero abilities to show basic professionalism.

Offline LionX2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2019, 06:50:05 pm »

You could teach him that there are ignorant and bad people in this world but that it shouldn’t keep him from doing things that he loves to do.

Not saying that he should or shouldn’t play but there is a good lesson to be learned from this predicament

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2019, 07:18:38 pm »
You could teach him that there are ignorant and bad people in this world but that it shouldn’t keep him from doing things that he loves to do.

Not saying that he should or shouldn’t play but there is a good lesson to be learned from this predicament
I understand but I just feel like he’s being used letting someone benefit from his talents when they hate his race.

Offline Mr. Mercer

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2019, 11:03:05 pm »

To be fair I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t. I was more saying there’s more to the story that we’re not getting. Do I blame you either way? No. Do I think you should take the risk and transfer I hopes that others show “mercy” because of what happened. heck no. Players are stuck in a tough spot. Hate that for the kids, but I agree with others lessons can be taught from this, but it’s 2019 and those lessons shouldn’t have to be taught in America in 2019.

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2019, 12:04:17 am »
A superintendent can only recommend someone’s termination. It is then up to the vote of the school board who chose to keep him. Suspension is not enough as this opens our small town to much more seeing that we allow these things. First he said “i hate n***ers” then Drew Central player called one of our players a “b**** a** n****”. Him staying will only lead to it getting worse.

You honestly think the only reason that kid from Drew Central called the player from Dumas that name was because the Dumas head coach did? I agree the coach is wrong and he opened himself up to be fired but obviously the school board didn't agree with firing. Your beef now is with your school board as I doubt firing was ever seriously on the table! In the mean time I would NOT let my son or daughter miss playing because of ignorant people and what they say. Hard lesson to learn and one they shouldn't have to learn but the reality of this world is you cannot let other people actions dictate your achievements. I'm not saying teach kids to just grit their teeth and bare it more like grit their teeth and keep fighting! Quitting is not fighting it's just quitting!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:56:34 am by zebradynasty »

Offline ISU7

• Head Coach
  • 2017 pick-ems champ🏆2018 pick ems runner up
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2019, 07:41:58 am »
You honestly think the only reason that kid from Drew Central called the player from Dumas that name was because the Dumas head coach did? I agree the coach is wrong and he opened himself up to be fired but obviously the school board didn't agree with firing. Your beef should now is with your school board as I doubt firing was ever seriously on the table! In the mean time I would NOT let my son or daughter miss playing because of ignorant people and what they say. Hard lesson to learn and one they shouldn't have to learn but the reality of this world is you cannot let other people actions dictate your achievements. I'm not saying teach kids to just grit their teeth and bare it more like grit their teeth and keep fighting! Quitting is not fighting it's just quitting!
??? How many years do you want people to grit their teeth? SMH. Sad   :(

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2019, 08:06:07 am »
To be fair I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t. I was more saying there’s more to the story that we’re not getting. Do I blame you either way? No. Do I think you should take the risk and transfer I hopes that others show “mercy” because of what happened. heck no. Players are stuck in a tough spot. Hate that for the kids, but I agree with others lessons can be taught from this, but it’s 2019 and those lessons shouldn’t have to be taught in America in 2019.

Racism has been going on since the beginning of time. It just didn’t start in 1950. Ask the Jews and Irish and Italians as they were walking off the boats in New York City.

Ignorance is and will always be abundant. You just have to let it fall on deaf ears and move on.

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2019, 08:07:00 am »
You honestly think the only reason that kid from Drew Central called the player from Dumas that name was because the Dumas head coach did? I agree the coach is wrong and he opened himself up to be fired but obviously the school board didn't agree with firing. Your beef should now is with your school board as I doubt firing was ever seriously on the table! In the mean time I would NOT let my son or daughter miss playing because of ignorant people and what they say. Hard lesson to learn and one they shouldn't have to learn but the reality of this world is you cannot let other people actions dictate your achievements. I'm not saying teach kids to just grit their teeth and bare it more like grit their teeth and keep fighting! Quitting is not fighting it's just quitting!

Zebra, great post.
(Let that sink in). Lol.

• Starter
« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2019, 08:12:22 am »
Was the player from DC white or black? If he player was white, he should be made to apologize to the Dumas player and the let the DC coach and AD decide his punishment. If the DC player is black, what then?

Offline zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2019, 09:08:50 am »
??? How many years do you want people to grit their teeth? SMH. Sad   :(

I mean...I could recite some great civil rights quotes and tell you that one day this type of stuff won't happen...it would be a lie but it sure sounds good! Racism is here to stay and I'm not suggesting we raise the white flag and give up on stopping reducing its effects on people. Quitting does nothing but re-enforce those people with that type of mindset. It emboldens them to do more. Not telling anyone how to raise their kids but at the ZD household...we don't quit and we don't run from racism! 

Offline lsoprano

• Water Boy
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2019, 11:23:31 am »
The kid was white from DC

• Starter
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2019, 12:03:21 pm »
The kid was white from DC
Then that needs to be dealt with by school officials.

• Starter
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2019, 12:10:23 pm »
I mean...I could recite some great civil rights quotes and tell you that one day this type of stuff won't happen...it would be a lie but it sure sounds good! Racism is here to stay and I'm not suggesting we raise the white flag and give up on stopping reducing its effects on people. Quitting does nothing but re-enforce those people with that type of mindset. It emboldens them to do more. Not telling anyone how to raise their kids but at the ZD household...we don't quit and we don't run from racism!
This is a great post! By teaching kids life isn’t always peachy but having them face tough situations, it will make them adults who will prosper no matter what gets tossed their way.

Offline Trojanbird

• 2nd String
  • Over the Hill
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2019, 01:14:16 pm »
Was the player from DC white or black? If he player was white, he should be made to apologize to the Dumas player and the let the DC coach and AD decide his punishment. If the DC player is black, what then?
Exactly!  The word is used by the black community as well. Racism goes both ways in today's world.

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2019, 02:27:55 pm »
Outstanding, would give you +1000 if I could

Offline Eddie Goodson

• Thee Fast Eddie
  • Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2019, 06:16:49 pm »
There is the saying, "It is not what someone calls you, it is what you answer to that matters."

Kind of what I get from what you are saying.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2019, 12:30:20 pm »
What is the latest on the team?

Offline SUGARTOWN

• Head Coach
  • FF SUPER ELITE-Educating the masses since 2001
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2019, 12:52:16 pm »
What is the latest on the team?

Don’t you have a kid on the team?

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2019, 01:03:39 pm »
Been really quiet. My son isn’t sure who is playing and who isn’t. Only thing I know is 2 basketball coaches leading the charge of kids not showing up.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 01:05:16 pm by Winchesterbandit »

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2019, 01:25:25 pm »
Been really quiet. My son isn’t sure who is playing and who isn’t. Only thing I know is 2 basketball coaches leading the charge of kids not showing up.

Isn’t one of the basketball coaches related to one of the studs in the backfield?

Offline RabAlumni

• 2nd String
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2019, 01:45:32 pm »
It's really simple.... Show up and Play, or Don't!

Offline Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2019, 02:05:11 pm »
It's really simple.... Show up and Play, or Don't!
Based on the comments here from those close to the situation, it doesn’t even appear they’re having workouts.??

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2019, 02:52:52 pm »
They are playing games, which is the main problem. They are having workouts. Most have showed back up. There is 5 or 6 that nobody is really sure about. Suppose to be a meeting tonight about everything is what my son just told me.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 03:10:57 pm by Winchesterbandit »

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2019, 08:48:37 am »
What basketball coaches because I haven’t seen anything from the high school or jr high basketball coaches being posted anywhere? So which ones and how are they leading the charge?

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2019, 10:32:23 am »
They are school employees not dumb enough to post anything, but every coach, administrator, and half the community knows where all of this is coming from momma, son coaching duo. I mean they hold meetings at their house. I wish they would just make a decision because school isn’t going to budge.

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2019, 10:57:59 am »
They are school employees not dumb enough to post anything, but every coach, administrator, and half the community knows where all of this is coming from momma, son coaching duo. I mean they hold meetings at their house. I wish they would just make a decision because school isn’t going to budge.

School choice forms/transfers take a while to process especially if it’s not a bona Fide move. I’m sure they are waiting on clearance. If the race angle is taken by the family, it’s almost guaranteed that he/they will be able to cherry pick where they want to go play this upcoming football season.

Offline Pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2019, 11:11:37 am »
School choice forms/transfers take a while to process especially if it’s not a bona Fide move. I’m sure they are waiting on clearance. If the race angle is taken by the family, it’s almost guaranteed that he/they will be able to cherry pick where they want to go play this upcoming football season.

school choice deadline past several weeks back. by now you either have been approved or denied.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center