Author Topic: Dumas  (Read 21608 times)

Offline Gray lizard

• All Star
  • Go Apaches Go
Re: Dumas
« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2019, 04:12:51 pm »
This exchange is a perfect example of the fact you can't just say or type what you want, regardless of what the constitution may say, either in a forum or as a public employee.
Sure you can, but you might go poof and be gone for good.

Offline Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2019, 04:14:25 pm »
Sure you can, but you might go poof and be gone for good.
good point!

Online zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2019, 04:15:42 pm »

I like to think it's been true since 1791

I am old but Eddie is the only one I know was here when all that went down!  ;D But I think he will tell you regardless of what it says...in practice never has been true. You have the right to free speech but not the right to speak freely!

Online zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2019, 04:16:30 pm »
Exactly! Obvious there are some things going on we don't know about. What we know for sure is that an employee said something that violates the employee conduct code that EVERY teacher should know and therefore subject to discipline.

Offline Hasbeen92

• 2nd String
  • To be the Man you've got to beat the Man
« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2019, 04:35:55 pm »
I am old but Eddie is the only one I know was here when all that went down!  ;D But I think he will tell you regardless of what it says...in practice never has been true. You have the right to free speech but not the right to speak freely!
Very sad you feel that way I still believe but understand how people have forgotten what this country was founded on. I'm getting old too

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Waiting on 2021
« Reply #305 on: July 30, 2019, 04:44:38 pm »

I like to think it's been true since 1791
I feel dumber every time I read one of your posts. Sticks and stones.

Offline KASH dba The Lumberjack

• Starter
  • Love bleeding Orange and Black
« Reply #306 on: July 30, 2019, 04:46:36 pm »
If we start firing people(school employees) for what we deem offensive, letís go back a couple years back and let those LR coaches who knelt during the National Anthem go also. What they did was offensive to a large group of people so by those parameters that requires unemployment.

Offline Hasbeen92

• 2nd String
« Reply #307 on: July 30, 2019, 04:48:26 pm »
I feel dumber every time I read one of your posts. Sticks and stones.
Thanks

Offline cat24

• Cheerleader
« Reply #308 on: July 30, 2019, 05:41:14 pm »
If we start firing people(school employees) for what we deem offensive, letís go back a couple years back and let those LR coaches who knelt during the National Anthem go also. What they did was offensive to a large group of people so by those parameters that requires unemployment.
This is not the same. The n word is way more harsh and hurtful than people kneeling during a song.

Online zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #309 on: July 30, 2019, 05:43:02 pm »

What do you mean start firing.... There was a time when teachers were let go if they became pregnant and weren't married! Over the years what is considered "Offensive Conduct" has change but the idea of disciplinary action for offensive conduct has been around since before any of us on here were born.

Online zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #310 on: July 30, 2019, 05:46:52 pm »
Very sad you feel that way I still believe but understand how people have forgotten what this country was founded on. I'm getting old too

It's easy to think that way because the people that "founded" this country didn't practice it! People were tar and feathered and hung for saying the wrong things back then.

Offline Eddie Goodson

• Thee Fast Eddie
  • Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #311 on: July 30, 2019, 05:47:59 pm »
What do you mean start firing.... There was a time when teachers were let go if they became pregnant and weren't married! Over the years what is considered "Offensive Conduct" has change but the idea of disciplinary action for offensive conduct has been around since before any of us on here were born.
And then we elected a bunch of people to the state legislature and they have, over the years, made it very difficult to fire a teacher except in very very limited circumstances.

Offline KASH dba The Lumberjack

• Starter
  • Love bleeding Orange and Black
« Reply #312 on: July 30, 2019, 05:54:07 pm »
This is not the same. The n word is way more harsh and hurtful than people kneeling during a song.
Itís totally the same, I canít say what should or shouldnít offend you and vice versa.

Offline Hasbeen92

• 2nd String
« Reply #313 on: July 30, 2019, 06:04:20 pm »
It's easy to think that way because the people that "founded" this country didn't practice it! People were tar and feathered and hung for saying the wrong things back then.
Was then and still is the best country in the world. If you don't believe that I invite you to move

Offline Hasbeen92

• 2nd String
« Reply #314 on: July 30, 2019, 06:06:06 pm »
It's more than a song to me

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Screw The Thought Police.
« Reply #315 on: July 30, 2019, 06:14:50 pm »

Highly disagree.

You respect this country. Regardless of its flaws this is the greatest country on earth and as an American you respect it. If not, holler at me and Iíll personally buy you a ticket to the 3rd world...heck even ANY country of your choice to stake claim in if you think itís better out there.

Heck Iím still waiting on Samuel L jackson and many other celebrities to leave like they said they would if DT was elected. Yet here we are, sucking the freedom dry while being setback.

Like ole DT said, leave. Youíre free to leave. You can stay whatever. But if you hate it here, leave. Donít let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Online zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #316 on: July 30, 2019, 06:21:20 pm »
Was then and still is the best country in the world. If you don't believe that I invite you to move

If I did believed that there is absolutely no reason I should move and you any right to suggest that I should move. Seems your willing to violate the very thing you claimed you believed!

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #317 on: July 30, 2019, 06:34:51 pm »
If everything is true about what happened the coach is a loser who doesn't know how to handle himself professionally... Plain and simple. Anyone who thinks otherwise is out of their mind. I am not getting in the overall race debate you all are having but keeping it to this particular situation.... Simply the guy proved he can not handle tough interactions with parents and he is not fit to handle the position he is in. Being a head coach at a school is a lot more than just the coaching. You people have turned this into more than it is instead of keeping it about this particular situation. Again if all of what happened did in fact happen then Dumas is a joke for keeping this guy employed.

What other place of employment could you talk about a coworker like that plus make blanketing, generalized statements about a group of any kind in a derogatory way and not be fired? I sure don't know of a whole lot.... Not having the overall debate, but keeping it to this situation at hand if all true can one of you really say he should not have been fired? Honestly? Do we not expect more of people in leadership positions anymore or what, and especially someone in charge of leading kids who still have a developing mind? It's become disheartening how little integrity we ask people in leadership positions to show anymore....
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 06:57:15 pm by beach bum »

Offline Hasbeen92

• 2nd String
« Reply #318 on: July 30, 2019, 06:44:01 pm »
If I did believed that there is absolutely no reason I should move and you any right to suggest that I should move. Seems your willing to violate the very thing you claimed you believed!
What?

Offline cat24

• Cheerleader
« Reply #319 on: July 30, 2019, 06:48:32 pm »
Highly disagree.

You respect this country. Regardless of its flaws this is the greatest country on earth and as an American you respect it. If not, holler at me and Iíll personally buy you a ticket to the 3rd world...heck even ANY country of your choice to stake claim in if you think itís better out there.

Heck Iím still waiting on Samuel L jackson and many other celebrities to leave like they said they would if DT was elected. Yet here we are, sucking the freedom dry while being setback.

Like ole DT said, leave. Youíre free to leave. You can stay whatever. But if you hate it here, leave. Donít let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.
You get what you give. You have to respect others to be respected. People kneel during the anthem to call attention to the issues of racial inequality and police brutality. Why stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. Youíve never been in my shoes. Youíve never missed out on opportunities or treated unfairly because of the color of your skin. You donít and never will know the struggle.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 06:54:38 pm by cat24 »

Offline Romeo

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Head Coach
  • Tall pines, pink tomatoes, and football players.
« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2019, 06:51:44 pm »
Highly disagree.

Can you hook me up with tickets to Cabo? I gotta go down there and knock some sense to Zeke.

Offline Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
« Reply #321 on: July 30, 2019, 06:53:13 pm »
If everything is true about what happened the coach is a loser who doesn't know how to handle himself professionally... Plain and simple. Anyone who thinks otherwise is out of their mind. I am not getting in the overall race debate you all are having but keeping it to this particular situation.... Simply the guy proved he can not handle tough interactions with parents and he is not fit to handle the position he is in. Being a head coach at a school is a lot more than just the coaching. You people have turned this into more than it is instead of keeping it about this particular situation. Again if all of what happened did in fact happen then Dumas is a joke for keeping this guy employed.

What other place of employment could you talk about a coworker like that plus make blanketing, generalized statements about a group in a derogatory way and not be fired? I sure don't know of a whole lot.... Not having the overall debate, but keeping it to this situation at hand if all true can one of you really say he should not have been fired? Honestly? Do we not expect more of people in leadership positions anymore or what and especially someone in charge of leading kids who still have a developed mind? It's become disheartening how little integrity we ask people in leadership positions to show anymore....
This! Every bit of it! +100000

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2019, 07:03:30 pm »
Can you hook me up with tickets to Cabo? I gotta go down there and knock some sense to Zeke.

Youíre from Warren. I would never send you to Mexico.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2019, 07:05:28 pm »
You get what you give. You have to respect others to be respected. People kneel during the anthem to call attention to the issues of racial inequality and police brutality. Why stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. Youíve never been in my shoes. Youíve never missed out on opportunities or treated unfairly because of the color of your skin. You donít and never will know the struggle.

Yawn. Youíre talking to a first generation son of an immigrant.

This country has set you up for success. The lowest hanging fruit in the world. Just gotta reach up and grab it. Success and hard work sees no color.

Like I said. See your way out if you feel slighted. Hear Moscow has amazing human rights.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 07:10:59 pm by AirWarren »

Offline B.G.

• Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Legend
  • I speak for me, myself and I.
« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2019, 08:30:26 pm »
In after the lock!   :)

Old school FF broke out and I stayed out of this all the way.

I have a ton of opinions that I will not share on the matter and the diversion.

Love the compassion but as Eddie said this just isn't the place for the chat.

FYI, I didn't lock this and you need not restart the conversation. Everyone is safe to this point. :)

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center