Author Topic: Dumas  (Read 21615 times)

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Screw The Thought Police.
Re: Dumas
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2019, 11:15:30 am »
school choice deadline past several weeks back. by now you either have been approved or denied.

I know how it works. Read what I wrote. There is an exception here that the AAA MAY be reviewing. That exception is racism. They may reviewing for A SPECIAL EXCEPTION.

Offline Pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2019, 11:19:05 am »
I know how it works. Read what I wrote. There is an exception here that the AAA MAY be reviewing. That exception is racism. They may reviewing for A SPECIAL EXCEPTION.

ok, i didnt see anything in your post about the AAA.

Online Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2019, 11:20:04 am »
It is mind boggling how this was handled. Simply promoting an assistant to head coach could have avoided any disruption in the program. Coach could have been reassigned somewhere else. Someone must have dirt on an admin or the school board runs the show there, for this incident to cause such a dumpster fire. Iím betting someone on that board tells the Sup what to do and how to do it.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2019, 11:21:04 am »
ok, i didnt see anything in your post about the AAA.

Yessir. What I was saying this may be an exception type thing.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2019, 11:23:53 am »
It is mind boggling how this was handled. Simply promoting an assistant to head coach could have avoided any disruption in the program. Coach could have been reassigned somewhere else. Someone must have dirt on an admin or the school board runs the show there, for this incident to cause such a dumpster fire. Iím betting someone on that board tells the Sup what to do and how to do it.

I canít imagine anyone telling KG what to do. Especially in a program like Dumas. If we were talking about Nashville, Warren, PA, Greenwood, etc, sure. But we are talking about
Dumas.

What we have here is a team who went to the semis last year and return two electric starters and have a chance to win the 8 and go to the semis again. They know The coach is a good coach and chances of landing another good coach is slim.

Again. My opinion.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2019, 11:24:27 am »
I was told the AAA has denied their request. So now going to be handful of good ball players not playing if their parents choose that. I just believe holding them out will change nothing. Dumas will still have 30 or more players, may not be the best but enough to play.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2019, 11:25:55 am »
I was told the AAA has denied their request. So now going to be handful of good ball players not playing if their parents choose that. I just believe holding them out will change nothing. Dumas will still have 30 or more players, may not be the best but enough to play.

Fair enough. Youíre more involved in the program than I am.

Online Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2019, 11:27:45 am »
I canít imagine anyone telling KG what to do. Especially in a program like Dumas. If we were talking about Nashville, Warren, PA, Greenwood, etc, sure. But we are talking about
Dumas.

What we have here is a team who went to the semis last year and return two electric starters and have a chance to win the 8 and go to the semis again. They know The coach is a good coach and chances of landing another good coach is slim.

Again. My opinion.
I completely agree. The Sup is supposed to maintain an environment conducive to learning and remove those that create a disruption to that environment. I suspect whoever is preventing him from doing that is on the school board and more interested in that championship ring.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:35:48 am by Sigmund Sauer »

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2019, 11:37:44 am »
They are school employees not dumb enough to post anything, but every coach, administrator, and half the community knows where all of this is coming from momma, son coaching duo. I mean they hold meetings at their house. I wish they would just make a decision because school isnít going to budge.
Have you been inside to know what theyíre discussing? If not, then youíre only basing this on thoughts and assumptions. You act like people arenít allowed to gather lol. The son doesnít even be there. Youíre on the outside looking in. And also, I honestly doubt youíre even black lol.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2019, 11:52:16 am »
Sounds like somebody is big time basketball coach supporter and I guess the truth hurts lol. Guess because I think what they are doing makes no sense I canít be a black man?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:54:54 am by Winchesterbandit »

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2019, 01:26:25 pm »
or lol maybe youíre attacking the basketball coaches like theyíre the ones who said the n word... Theyíve done nothing wrong. I couldíve sworn we had the freedom to assemble. But since you claim youíre black and you say itís black meeting, iím sure the coaches wouldnít mind you showing up to the house.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2019, 01:29:55 pm »
I completely agree. The Sup is supposed to maintain an environment conducive to learning and remove those that create a disruption to that environment. I suspect whoever is preventing him from doing that is on the school board and more interested in that championship ring.

Youíre right. But....

Dumas ainít winning state this year.

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2019, 02:06:55 pm »
Youíre right. But....

Dumas ainít winning state this year.
lol go Cats!

Online mr.gametime

• Starter
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2019, 02:21:39 pm »

I like the confidence...but if those players don't play dumas can kiss it's state championship chances good bye.

Online mr.gametime

• Starter
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2019, 02:25:10 pm »
This whole situation is going to end up in a lawsuit...rather it's against the coach, the school, or the AAA.....its going to get ugly.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2019, 03:02:09 pm »
No doubt without those players we wonít be as good, but what happens end of October and the year is over? Time to get ready for the next season, and only one hurt is those few kids!

Offline Eddie Goodson

• Thee Fast Eddie
  • Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2019, 03:12:39 pm »
This whole situation is going to end up in a lawsuit...rather it's against the coach, the school, or the AAA.....its going to get ugly.
On what grounds? A coach said something offensive and was punished for it. No one can point to a single action by the school or coach that has brought actual physical harm or disenfranchisement to a single student. A lawsuit just because you don't like the penalty given the coach will last 10 minutes in a courtroom. 

Online Gray lizard

• All Star
  • Go Apaches Go
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2019, 03:14:48 pm »
Making the right decisions is a hard thing to do.  Kids rights/coaches rights ends up with the whole situation in a mess. It will not get worked out this season.  It is a shame some kids will miss out, but it will happen.  The possible law suits I fear will not allow for any kind of positive end to this story.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2019, 03:31:02 pm »
I just hate a few of those kids especially QB has a shot at a D-1 scholarship. He is not nearly as talented at basketball so that really limits options.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2019, 03:34:56 pm »
I just hate a few of those kids especially QB has a shot at a D-1 scholarship. He is not nearly as talented at basketball so that really limits options.

Some would argue that if he is true D1 material, D1 would have already found him.

Online mr.gametime

• Starter
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2019, 03:41:25 pm »
Some would argue that if he is true D1 material, D1 would have already found him.

That's not always the case...D1 schools across the country know who he is if you follow recruiting at all....schools might just be waiting to see how he performs his Sr.year ... hundreds of players every year get offered D1 scholarships after their senior year

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2019, 03:44:51 pm »
On what grounds? A coach said something offensive and was punished for it. No one can point to a single action by the school or coach that has brought actual physical harm or disenfranchisement to a single student. A lawsuit just because you don't like the penalty given the coach will last 10 minutes in a courtroom. 

There are no grounds for lawsuit here. Unless itís a some sort of civil garbage. But no child has been denied an equal education here or removed from school because of racial inequities. This is about a poor use of language by a head coach and football.

Online mr.gametime

• Starter
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2019, 03:56:04 pm »
There are no grounds for lawsuit here. Unless itís a some sort of civil garbage. But no child has been denied an equal education here or removed from school because of racial inequities. This is about a poor use of language by a head coach and football.

I'm no law expert but I'm sure a good lawyer could come up with a lawsuit from this situation....rather it be civil....some type of emotional distress or maybe parents feel the school is not maintaining a safe environment for some students by keeping the coach......or like I said before they could go after the AAA.

Online Gray lizard

• All Star
  • Go Apaches Go
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2019, 03:58:01 pm »
If the coach was terminated. That is where there might be a wrongful termination suit pop up.  It takes a lot to terminate a teacher, but I wish they would consider reassignment to other duties.

Online mr.gametime

• Starter
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2019, 04:02:43 pm »
If the coach was terminated. That is where there might be a wrongful termination suit pop up.  It takes a lot to terminate a teacher, but I wish they would consider reassignment to other duties.

Yeap that is true....i just think this situation is going to get ugly before it get any better.

Online SUGARTOWN

• Head Coach
  • FF SUPER ELITE-Educating the masses since 2001
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2019, 04:07:53 pm »

So Harris is not playing?

Offline Eddie Goodson

• Thee Fast Eddie
  • Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2019, 04:29:01 pm »
I'm no law expert but I'm sure a good lawyer could come up with a lawsuit from this situation....rather it be civil....some type of emotional distress or maybe parents feel the school is not maintaining a safe environment for some students by keeping the coach......or like I said before they could go after the AAA.
Google 'tort immunity'. You can't just up and sue a school over just anything. School Board members do have some tort immunity.

Online zebradynasty

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2019, 04:33:28 pm »
Am I the only one thinking that something is missing to this story? Kid's with big school college potential don't sit our their senior year!

Online Gray lizard

• All Star
  • Go Apaches Go
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2019, 04:46:04 pm »
Am I the only one thinking that something is missing to this story? Kid's with big school college potential don't sit our their senior year!
Yes and big schools do not offer kids that don't play and still have some questions on their ability.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2019, 05:07:43 pm »

Kids are in school for education. Not football. No educational opportunities are being withheld. Even a great lawyer who draws up a great lawsuit would be laughed out of court.

Offline JacketFan

• Starter
  • The Only discipline that lasts, is Self discipline
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2019, 05:30:12 pm »
Kids are in school for education. Not football. No educational opportunities are being withheld. Even a great lawyer who draws up a great lawsuit would be laughed out of court.
Exactly, no case here, if the kid is a true D1 athlete, he should play his Sr year.  Not saying what the coach did was right, the school made its decision, get on with it, play your Sr year, show up and show out, play for all the other guys on the line with you, make memories that will last a lifetime.  At the end of the day, the school is not gonna shutdown if you don't play, the football season will not be cancelled, so the only one hurt is the potential D1 athlete, and the exposure he will get throughout the season.  Rant over, sorry guys

Online mr.gametime

• Starter
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2019, 05:39:00 pm »

What does that have to do with anything I just posted about potential lawsuits? Where did I say anything about football?

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2019, 05:49:14 pm »
What does that have to do with anything I just posted about potential lawsuits? Where did I say anything about football?

How is the school unsafe?
What jurisdiction does the AAA really have?
What emotional distress?

Online mr.gametime

• Starter
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2019, 06:01:54 pm »
How is the school unsafe?
What jurisdiction does the AAA really have?
What emotional distress?

I have no idea ...i not saying they would win a court case by any means....was just naming random stuff they could possibly file a lawsuit for. The parents could easily say that they don't feel comfortable with the coach being in the school around African American students because of a hateful word he used in a derogatory way. (And by the school choosing not to fire him they are not maintaining a safe environment for the students.) Didn't dumas just have an incident at a basketball camp with another school where players for dumas was called the N-word and the opposing teams fans said they should be use to being called that based on the situation that happened with the coach. That plus the fact that the student in questions will have to see that coach in the school everyday could be grounds for some type of emotional distress or something of that nature......the AAA lawsuit could come into play by them denying players to transfer based on thev situation at hand...... maybe they would get laughed at the courtroom but I'm just trying to give you all the insight on some of the things that could possibly go down.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2019, 06:10:07 pm »
Crazy thing is the QB was closer to Pennington than any other kid on the team. As a parent there is no way my kid would miss his SR year unless the coach was punching him or something lol

Online mr.gametime

• Starter
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2019, 06:12:18 pm »
Crazy thing is the QB was closer to Pennington than any other kid on the team. As a parent there is no way my kid would miss his SR year unless the coach was punching him or something lol

Some people Morals are set different.

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2019, 06:23:24 pm »
if Pennington really loves the boy and wants him to succeed, he will step down.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2019, 06:49:58 pm »
Or the parent will say my kid is going to do his thing, and get his scholarship. No one is going to take that from my kid.

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2019, 06:51:47 pm »
Well have you ever wondered which basketball player was called a b**** a** n**** by the drew central player? Go ask the QB

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2019, 06:59:55 pm »
You honestly think there isnít worse stuff than that said on the field every Friday night across the state? The QB wants to play!

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2019, 07:59:39 pm »
Well he ainít playing. The end.

Offline BobKat

• Water Boy
« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2019, 08:01:12 pm »
and I honestly canít think of any words that are more hurtful than the n word. Especially towards a ďblack manĒ like you say you are.

Offline Pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2019, 08:33:25 pm »
and I honestly canít think of any words that are more hurtful than the n word. Especially towards a ďblack manĒ like you say you are.

It's only hurtful when a white person says it, otherwise black people would not say it to each other and nobody bats an eye. #doublestandards

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2019, 08:48:36 pm »
Football will go on with or without him I just hope his dad doesnít make a giant mistake for his sake.He is a good basketball player , but amazing football player. Kids dad is going to come out saying I stood my ground and his kid going to be playing pick up ball at UAM.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:57:13 pm by Winchesterbandit »

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2019, 09:13:24 pm »
Well he ainít playing. The end.

So thatís is confirmed?

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2019, 09:24:01 pm »
Most likely not playing I would imagine. Be good time to get young players ready and get them set for future.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:30:44 pm by Winchesterbandit »

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2019, 09:58:43 pm »
Latest news I have heard is a push to have Pennington reassigned. Anybody know if that is something they can do? Just out of curriousity why in the H*** to Mr. Gragg put Coach Lewis as Acting HC. Been meaning to ask that for a while but i thought he was more or less a stat keeper and softball coach? My son thought Carter and Amerson may have been in trouble or something was the reason for it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:00:22 pm by Winchesterbandit »

Offline KASH dba The Lumberjack

• Starter
  • Love bleeding Orange and Black
« Reply #247 on: July 29, 2019, 10:26:11 pm »
It's only hurtful when a white person says it, otherwise black people would not say it to each other and nobody bats an eye. #doublestandards
+1

Online Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
« Reply #248 on: July 29, 2019, 10:27:21 pm »
Latest news I have heard is a push to have Pennington reassigned. Anybody know if that is something they can do? Just out of curriousity why in the H*** to Mr. Gragg put Coach Lewis as Acting HC. Been meaning to ask that for a while but i thought he was more or less a stat keeper and softball coach? My son thought Carter and Amerson may have been in trouble or something was the reason for it.
He can absolutely be reassigned. That is one way districts protect themselves and avoid having to outright terminate when they don't feel confident in avoiding a lawsuit from the employee. I've seen coaches reassigned to assistant duties and head groundskeeper for much less than what Pennington did.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:31:34 pm by Sigmund Sauer »

Online Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2019, 10:34:36 pm »
If they don't plan to terminate or reassign, they typically appoint whoever the suspended coach asks to be interim coach.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center