Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, January 19th, 2020.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Dumas  (Read 19190 times)

Offline Pat Swilling

• 2nd String
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: Dumas
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2019, 08:43:55 am »
Dumas has an outstanding Superintendent.  He will make the best decision concerning this difficult matter.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2019, 05:24:56 pm »
They need to get this figured out quickly! The players need some leadership and need closure one way or the other so the team can get back to focusing on the season. Coach Lewis is currently the Interium HC, which blows my mind feel not much thought went into that.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 05:28:30 pm by Winchesterbandit »

Offline Sigmund Sauer

• Starter
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2019, 12:50:34 am »
So, is this over yet? Is the coach staying or going?

Offline RabAlumni

• 2nd String
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2019, 10:00:48 am »
So, is this over yet? Is the coach staying or going?

Holding out right now.  School board delayed vote until 6/6/19 because that apparently would be his last day to file a grievance or something in that nature.

Offline Football_Han_D_Cap

• Bench Warmer
  • REQUIRED READING
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2019, 03:26:48 am »
Did the Superintendent/School Board decide who would be Athletic Director yet?

Offline Crossett Eagle

• All Star
  • Eagle Strong 🦅
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2019, 02:58:38 pm »
Update?

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2019, 03:15:27 pm »
Not 100% sure it is done yet. Was just told by multiple sources Amerson will be taking over this year if Pennington is voted out.

Offline Crossett Eagle

• All Star
  • Eagle Strong 🦅
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2019, 03:30:33 pm »
Not 100% sure it is done yet. Was just told by multiple sources Amerson will be taking over this year if Pennington is voted out.

I got a big feeling they are gonna let him go over it after itís all said and done. Hoping Dumas can get going under Amerson and be ready for the season. Dumas is a great team they can contend for a top conference seed for sure.

Offline Crossett Eagle

• All Star
  • Eagle Strong 🦅
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2019, 09:50:14 pm »
Anyone know if he was let go or retained?

Offline Crossett Eagle

• All Star
  • Eagle Strong 🦅
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2019, 02:23:09 pm »

I heard that Pennington is now out as Dumas coach Amerson to take over as of official HC. Can anyone confirm?

Offline leopardsman22

• Water Boy
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2019, 08:32:32 pm »
If that is the case yíall are extremely fortunate. Solid guy that is one of the few coaches I have seen who connects with all kinds of kids and parents. Took our very under athletic kids and turned them into players. Best record we had in years. I am not from there, but from what I know of the situation he is perfect choice to keep it all together. Wish our school would have pushed harder to keep him itís went down hill fast here since he left.

Offline Football_Han_D_Cap

• Bench Warmer
  • REQUIRED READING
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2019, 09:24:57 am »
Will Coach Amerson be the Athletic Director as well?

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2019, 12:38:10 pm »
Believe it will be one of the principals. Does anyone know anything about Dumas basketball coach getting kids to not go to football? My son said something about it thought that was odd considering his son is the Quarterback???

Offline Eddie Goodson

• Thee Fast Eddie
  • Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2019, 06:00:20 pm »
Believe it will be one of the principals. Does anyone know anything about Dumas basketball coach getting kids to not go to football? My son said something about it thought that was odd considering his son is the Quarterback???
The battle between basketball and football coaches is almost as old as the games themselves. Most basketball coaches want their players all fall long and don't want them on the football field. I have heard basketball coaches call football players lazy and have bad habits. It's mainly because the intensity of the practices are so much different.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2019, 08:18:19 pm »
Sounds about right. Like most football coaches think basketball coaches are lazy in the spring and never lift weights been hearing that since I played. Guess that argument goes back and forth. Is the Dumas basketball coaches son not getting a lot of D-1 football attention? I saw him play basketball before and he is ok, but far better in football. There has got to be more to the issue, because surely he isnít selfish enough to hurt his own son?

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2019, 08:20:56 am »
Kids have 3 years of high school. Unless they have  D1 offer they should play all sports and enjoy high school. Way too many 6'1 kids specializing in basketball.

Offline RabAlumni

• 2nd String
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2019, 09:30:50 am »
Kids have 3 years of high school. Unless they have  D1 offer they should play all sports and enjoy high school. Way too many 6'1 kids specializing in basketball.

+1

Offline lsoprano

• Water Boy
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2019, 03:03:22 pm »
Basketball coach just didnít allow his son to go because of the situation.  Stick to the real issue of what the football coach did.  Letís not start making false accusations and slandering other peopleís character.  He has always cheered for football and helped keep players on the team when they were getting in trouble.  He use to work diligently with Coach Pennington  too keep a star running back on the team a few years ago.  So that statement of  him telling players not to attend football is false

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2019, 07:14:47 pm »
Iím not sure on what exactly happened, but Coach Pennington is in no way involved in the program right now. There is a bunch of coaches and players up there working their butts off, and 3 or 4 of the players arenít showing up. That doesnít seem to make sense. I could under stand if coach Pennington was there but he is not?

Offline lsoprano

• Water Boy
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2019, 07:31:48 pm »
That still doesnít make any sense to mention the basketball coach.  If his kid isnít going that his decision but Iím sure he doesnít control what other parents kids do.   I wouldnít want my kid around the program either until it was official that the coach was terminated. 

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2019, 08:16:43 pm »
Ya Iím sure he has no pull with other kids not showing up who just so happen to be basketball players lol. Still just donít see how not showing up to work out with your team who is not being led by person in question proves anything, but I guess to each their own opinion. As an African American myself I get being upset, but got to move forward not backwards until situation is handled.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:21:55 pm by Winchesterbandit »

Offline lsoprano

• Water Boy
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2019, 08:21:10 pm »
It proves those parents donít want their kids playing for him.  I wonder who the other kids are that you  speak of?

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2019, 08:27:11 pm »
I get it donít play for him he isnít there lol. If he was reinstated then this would all be far more understandable!

Offline lsoprano

• Water Boy
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2019, 08:27:30 pm »
I still think itís wrong for you to blame the coach who did nothing wrong.  The blame goes to the coach who sent the text

Offline lsoprano

• Water Boy
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2019, 08:30:18 pm »
I think they are saying since he appealed it and wants to come back they are letting it be known that they donít want any parts of football until heís officially terminated.  You probably wouldnít understand because what he said didnít bother you

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2019, 08:38:53 pm »
I am a black man. I donít like it at all, but my kids especially my oldest donít have many years left I just want them to work hard, and get ready for the season.

Offline lsoprano

• Water Boy
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2019, 08:41:18 pm »
I think thatís what everyone wants to do.  Just spoke up when you attacked the wrong coach

Offline Crossett Eagle

• All Star
  • Eagle Strong 🦅
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2019, 04:08:13 pm »
This deal is not official is what hootens is saying

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2019, 04:21:54 pm »
This deal is not official is what hootens is saying
It has to be true because I read on here twice that it was a done deal and a new coach was hired. Oh wait you said it both times.

Offline Crossett Eagle

• All Star
  • Eagle Strong 🦅
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2019, 05:29:04 pm »
It has to be true because I read on here twice that it was a done deal and a new coach was hired. Oh wait you said it both times.
Guess thats what happen when Dumas people say false stuff huh?

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2019, 06:56:08 pm »
From my understanding Coach Pennington will keep his job, but has 100 day suspension. I am very happy, but kind of shocked thatís how it played out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:58:28 pm by Winchesterbandit »

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2019, 07:28:46 pm »
Funny thing is entire team is 1000% behind coach Pennington. One kids parent is only one making all of this into big deal, because her kid has not received recognition that she feels he deserves. This individual is willing to destroy a whole team to get back at a person she dislikes.

This is a classic case of cognitive dissonance folks..... So that justifies his utter ignorance and prejudice? How about be a mature adult and handle tough interactions with parents in a more professional manner instead as the head coach? Any coach or teacher for that matter will tell you the worst aspect of their job is dealing with certain parents. If they can't handle that aspect of the job they won't cut it, and he proved that part of the job he could not handle in a professional manner.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 08:10:29 pm by beach bum »

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2019, 07:33:48 pm »
If he sincerely apologized, yes he should be forgiven. Whether or not he can coach is a different discussion. The young men he coached know what kind of man he is Iím sure and if they are behind him, maybe he should be able to stay.

What kind of man he is or at least a piece of the person he is was shown in that text message.... I am not sure if he knows its 2019 yet.... not 1969. Second, how dumb can a person be to send a text message  of that nature knowing it can be saved. I tend to agree with the man being interviewed that he had to have been so dumb he sent that text message to the wrong person on accident. I'd love to know who his intended person was he was trying to send that to cause if it was another coach I feel sorry for the kids at Dumas. Sure doesn't seem like there is a lot going on between that coach's ears from the overall picture of the situation.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 08:11:53 pm by beach bum »

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2019, 09:15:10 pm »
Few parents are saying their kids will not play or transfer for their SR year. Not sure what they hope to accomplish with that.

Offline Crossett Eagle

• All Star
  • Eagle Strong 🦅
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2019, 02:10:18 am »
Few parents are saying their kids will not play or transfer for their SR year. Not sure what they hope to accomplish with that.
Some parents arenít gonna want their kids playing for a coach that sent that kind of text. I donít blame them

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Storm into the party like my name was El Nino
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2019, 01:26:04 pm »

Warren has some jobs open for the families wanting to join a winning program at a few of the mills and of course the post office ;) lol

I kid. I kid.

Offline KASH dba The Lumberjack

• Starter
  • Love bleeding Orange and Black
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2019, 05:34:12 pm »
Warren has some jobs open for the families wanting to join a winning program at a few of the mills and of course the post office ;) lol

I kid. I kid.
Keep the recruiting to the Busy Offseason thread.

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2019, 07:15:05 pm »
As a parent I guess I understand the concern, but I would also ask myself has he done anything to my kid over last 3 years that seems racist, or hurting my child in any way. As a black man with a black son on the team I know I donít feel that way. If anything it is the opposite. Those kids love him because he shows them he cares about them. We have all said something of poor taste at one point or another I just know I personally have no problem with my son playing for him. The 1000 of good things he has done out weighs the one in my book and the majority of people complaining have made plenty of poor statements that I and many others have witnessed they just didnít text it.

Offline mrknowitall

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2019, 07:30:11 pm »
Have heard the Qb is transferring? Any word

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2019, 08:48:52 pm »
Have heard the Qb is transferring? Any word
Where?

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2019, 10:15:24 pm »
From my understanding and reading the rules on transfers it is not possible unless they physically move there. Them physically moving their families there is highly unlikely and those kids will be under a microscope if they try to pull a fast one using a secondary address for athletic purposes and will be turned in quickly. I know there is a volunteer coach that grew up here who trying to get kids to go to a nearby school.

Offline zebrafan

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2019, 12:09:50 am »
From my understanding and reading the rules on transfers it is not possible unless they physically move there. Them physically moving their families there is highly unlikely and those kids will be under a microscope if they try to pull a fast one using a secondary address for athletic purposes and will be turned in quickly. I know there is a volunteer coach that grew up here who trying to get kids to go to a nearby school.
And that school is......

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2019, 08:23:54 am »

My guess Star City or McGehee.

Offline Oldman

• Legend
  • Just Barely Elite
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2019, 08:45:21 am »
Yep the AAA is a force to be reckoned with on enforcing this rule. 

• Starter
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2019, 09:39:29 am »
And that school is......
Well, Robinson, of course...

Offline AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2019, 09:43:12 am »
Well, Robinson, of course...

Wouldnít that be hilarious.

Offline Pick_DA_EAGLES

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
  • i feel more like i do now than i did awhile ago!
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2019, 09:54:25 am »
Yep the AAA is a force to be reckoned with on enforcing this rule.

the sarcasm drips from this comments in bucket loads.....

Offline Winchesterbandit

• Water Boy
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2019, 10:45:25 am »
Dewitt

• Starter
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2019, 11:30:40 am »
Dewitt
Think so? I donít see that working because Courtney has groomed his son for the role of QB, Harris is an athlete but is most dangerous when you have to gameplan against him every snap.

Offline Crossett Eagle

• All Star
  • Eagle Strong 🦅
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2019, 12:45:30 pm »
If he transfers I could see him fitting in at McGehee itís close to Dumas and he could turn McGehee into a dangerous team this season.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center