Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board
2020-22 proposed conferences will be post to FearlessFriday.com shortly. Discussion has already begun. #fearlessfriday
2019 Football Schedules are online, See who your team is playing
FearlessFriday brings Thursday Night Football on TV
Fearless Friday
Southside's Coleman Week 3 POW

Author Topic: Youth tournament basketball  (Read 410 times)

Online Gray lizard

• All Star
  • Go Apaches Go
Youth tournament basketball
« on: May 01, 2019, 10:25:51 am »
I am working with a group of 4th grade girls.  I coach a team in the local league.  The town i coach in has two teams for each grade in the league.  I offered the training to both teams this spring and summer.  I had 13 girls sign up.  I have been working on speed and agility directed towards basketball.  It is amazing how much they have improved over the last couple months.  I think they are ready to play a tournament.  I signed them up to play a Saturday 3 game guarantee. Anyone else have much experience with the tournament play?

Online Gray lizard

• All Star
  • Go Apaches Go
Re: Youth tournament basketball
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 08:55:12 am »
Well I threw the girls into the fire this past weekend.  Although we did not win a game the experience was good for them.  They played select teams the size and talent level of some 4th graders is a shock.  Their improvement each game was encouraging as they played their best game against the #1 team in the last game.  The second game was going well until that team went and got a girl that was playing up with the 5th /6th grade team for the second half( that is legal). They went from a 2 point lead to a 14 point win and yes the one girl scored all the points.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center