Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board
2020-22 proposed conferences will be post to FearlessFriday.com shortly. Discussion has already begun. #fearlessfriday
2019 Football Schedules are online, See who your team is playing
FearlessFriday brings Thursday Night Football on TV
Fearless Friday
Southside's Coleman Week 3 POW

Author Topic: Early look...premature?  (Read 6222 times)

Online wait4it

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Early look...premature?
« on: April 21, 2019, 06:20:49 pm »
Magnolia to repeat as 4A champs...Who will be the new coach Magnolia? some say that with the head coach leaving and the hiring of a new one, Magnolia wont make it back to finals.   

Offline hsindian

• Bench Warmer
Re: Early look...premature?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:52:33 pm »
They hired Ben Lindsey as the new coach. Magnolia alum I think and coached Paragould to a perfect conference record last year.

Online wait4it

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 09:36:16 am »
as in perfect you mean 0-14?

Offline hsindian

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 04:15:31 am »
Yup

Offline MR.GOMAB

• Bench Warmer
  • Mineral Springs Alum/Magnolia Panther Adopted
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 10:42:19 am »
Long still will have his hands on the team in a way. It worked out like they planned. Lindsey retire, Long take his spot as AD and Lidsey son Ben get the head basketball job. He has met with the team already, met with Ford and Garland days prior. He was at the state tourney in Magnolia and the championship game just ready to take over.

Magnolia is still going to be the team to beat...Ford and Garland both have improved beyond were they were last year skill wise, mentally and physically (weight room) so far this summer and both have gotten taller!

Offline scrapdig

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 10:44:18 am »
They hired Ben Lindsey as the new coach. Magnolia alum I think and coached Paragould to a perfect conference record last year.
lol

Offline scrapdig

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 10:48:37 am »
Long still will have his hands on the team in a way. It worked out like they planned. Lindsey retire, Long take his spot as AD and Lidsey son Ben get the head basketball job. He has met with the team already, met with Ford and Garland days prior. He was at the state tourney in Magnolia and the championship game just ready to take over.

Magnolia is still going to be the team to beat...Ford and Garland both have improved beyond were they were last year skill wise, mentally and physically (weight room) so far this summer and both have gotten taller!
Both very close to full grown.  Ford 6-2.  Garland 5-11.  The only thing that could cost Magnolia is Height.  Not very tall but guard play trumps post play everyday.

Offline Bbal789

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 07:18:55 pm »
Mills will still be one of the best teams. Jakari Livingston is a prospect turning a lot of heads this summer playing with the Woodz Elite. Insane athlete and will have many highlight reel dunks this year.

Got to go with Magnolia as the obvious favorites with Derrian Ford and Colby Garland entering their sophomore years.

Online NEA Razorback olfan

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 04:10:40 pm »
Brookland Lady Bearcats return a lot , should be top 10 this year.

Offline sevenof400

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Head Coach
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 05:58:36 pm »
Yes.

An early look would be premature.

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 06:57:04 pm »
Yes.

An early look would be premature.

Always is, but discussion is the main reason for this forum!!  Lol

Offline Boarhawg

• Water Boy
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 10:12:30 am »
Monticello returns nearly everyone including their 3 top scorers. They defeated Magnolia twice last season.

Offline MR.GOMAB

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 04:32:31 pm »
Monticello returns nearly everyone including their 3 top scorers. They defeated Magnolia twice last season.

Oh yea they will be good this year again! Don't think they will beat Magnolia none this year but will be their best conference matchup. Magnolia will beat the rest of the conference easily. Cello' will play them the closest. 

Offline cannon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 12:00:38 pm »
Brookland Lady Bearcats return a lot , should be top 10 this year.

I got to watch them thump VV's girls at a team camp in Searcy last week.  They looked really strong.

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 07:21:06 pm »
I got to watch them thump VV's girls at a team camp in Searcy last week.  They looked really strong.

I heard they played really well at Harding team camp.
I don't take much stock in summer camps, but hopefully our girls will continue to work hard to improve before season starts.
VV is probably pretty young , no doubt coach Ellis will have them ready for season.

Offline cannon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 09:08:14 am »
I heard they played really well at Harding team camp.
I don't take much stock in summer camps, but hopefully our girls will continue to work hard to improve before season starts.
VV is probably pretty young , no doubt coach Ellis will have them ready for season.

I think Brookland's girls may actually turn out to be as good or better (relative to the conference) than they were last season.  I know they're going to miss Kalifa, but they looked more cohesive and balanced to me last week than they ever did last season. 

VV's girls are getting better, they're just vertically challenged.  I expect them to end up in the top half of the conference, but they'll struggle between here and there.  Pocahontas has some really nice young players coming up, and I expect them to be tougher than they were last season.  I've heard rumors of a transfer to Westside that would make them better.  Batesville lost a couple of guards to Southside that will make Southside more competitive, and Southside lost a great shooting guard to Batesville that will make a powerhouse program stronger over there.  Meanwhile, I've seen the talent that will move up at Highland to improve their girls' program, but I also heard rumors of a transfer out of the district that would weaken them.  All that said, 4A-3 girls looks to be a roller coaster this time.  Pass the popcorn. 

Offline Walter s

• Cheerleader
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 06:04:37 pm »
Don’t know anything about Southside girls program, but I do know they are getting a young, passionate coach in Jordan Riley who will get things rolling there quickly imo.

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 07:02:52 pm »
Don’t know anything about Southside girls program, but I do know they are getting a young, passionate coach in Jordan Riley who will get things rolling there quickly imo.

I watched them play at Nettleton team camp, they looked pretty good , I believe getting the Reece and her sister back will make a big impact for them.

Offline Walter s

• Cheerleader
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 08:07:45 pm »
I watched them play at Nettleton team camp, they looked pretty good , I believe getting the Reece and her sister back will make a big impact for them.
did not know the Gardner sisters were back. That will give him some nice weapons to work with no doubt.

Offline Walter s

• Cheerleader
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 01:54:38 pm »
4A-4 girls will be down overall this year. Morrilton and Pottsville should be decent. Ozark has a scrappy defense and are well-coached. They are my sneaky pick to win it. Clarksville has 2 starters returning and a lot of inexperience otherwise. Dover has everyone returning, and will surprise people. Not sure about Heber and Dardanelle. That being said, I don’t see any of these teams being state contenders. Hope I’m wrong. Farmington is my pick to go farthest from this side of the state

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 06:53:09 pm »
4A-4 girls will be down overall this year. Morrilton and Pottsville should be decent. Ozark has a scrappy defense and are well-coached. They are my sneaky pick to win it. Clarksville has 2 starters returning and a lot of inexperience otherwise. Dover has everyone returning, and will surprise people. Not sure about Heber and Dardanelle. That being said, I don’t see any of these teams being state contenders. Hope I’m wrong. Farmington is my pick to go farthest from this side of the state

In 4A-3 girls , Batesville lost some very good players but still return Higginbottom
So they would get the nod for pre season to me. Griffin is one player that will be hard to replace for the Lady Pioneers, she did a little bit of everything for them. Southside has some good talent and with the Gardner sisters back they will be tough. VV will be young but talented and well coached by Coach Ellis , Pocahontas has some good young talent also. Highland very well coached , guards and height.

I believe all four 4A-3 teams made it to state last year
Batesville State Champs
Brookland State Semifinals
Pocahontas
Highland

Online Gray lizard

• All Star
  • Go Apaches Go
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2019, 09:42:06 am »
That is a pretty good over view.  Pottsville and Dover both have some talent moving up in the 10th grade girls. All depends on their development.  Pottsville has several good classes as far back as the 6th grade.  I expect good basketball for several years to come.

I hope that new program with a smaller ball and a net does not take away from girls basketball in the future.  I know why they created it as several girls were getting cut from the basketball program due to the strong number of girls playing basketball.  Most grades have 20 plus girls going into the 7th grade.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:47:01 am by Gray lizard »

Offline scrapdig

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 11:35:46 am »
That is a pretty good over view.  Pottsville and Dover both have some talent moving up in the 10th grade girls. All depends on their development.  Pottsville has several good classes as far back as the 6th grade.  I expect good basketball for several years to come.

I hope that new program with a smaller ball and a net does not take away from girls basketball in the future.  I know why they created it as several girls were getting cut from the basketball program due to the strong number of girls playing basketball.  Most grades have 20 plus girls going into the 7th grade.
smaller ball and net?

Offline athletic supporter

• Assistant Coach
  • Red Devil Pride!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2019, 11:42:32 am »

Offline 501 to 870

• Cheerleader
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2019, 03:08:18 pm »
I think Brookland's girls may actually turn out to be as good or better (relative to the conference) than they were last season.  I know they're going to miss Kalifa, but they looked more cohesive and balanced to me last week than they ever did last season. 

VV's girls are getting better, they're just vertically challenged.  I expect them to end up in the top half of the conference, but they'll struggle between here and there.  Pocahontas has some really nice young players coming up, and I expect them to be tougher than they were last season.  I've heard rumors of a transfer to Westside that would make them better.  Batesville lost a couple of guards to Southside that will make Southside more competitive, and Southside lost a great shooting guard to Batesville that will make a powerhouse program stronger over there.  Meanwhile, I've seen the talent that will move up at Highland to improve their girls' program, but I also heard rumors of a transfer out of the district that would weaken them.  All that said, 4A-3 girls looks to be a roller coaster this time.  Pass the popcorn.
Peña kids enrolling in Nettleton on Monday. Left Highland.

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2019, 09:58:56 pm »

Big gain for Nettleton, huge loss for Highland

Offline hawgball11

• Water Boy
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2019, 02:35:37 pm »
What will Highland’s boys fare in the league? Weren’t they a young group last year?

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2019, 08:02:50 pm »
What will Highland’s boys fare in the league? Weren’t they a young group last year?

Not real sure, I believe you are right they had some young players last year. We will we play them 1/7

Offline cannon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 08:26:41 am »

That was the transfer I'd heard rumors about.  So, Ford from Brookland to Westside, Gardner sisters from Batesville to Southside, and a really nice junior shooting guard, whose name I don't know (I think her first name is Riley), from Southside to Batesville.  Like I said, pass the popcorn. 

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 04:16:11 pm »
That was the transfer I'd heard rumors about.  So, Ford from Brookland to Westside, Gardner sisters from Batesville to Southside, and a really nice junior shooting guard, whose name I don't know (I think her first name is Riley), from Southside to Batesville.  Like I said, pass the popcorn.

Lots of shakeups!!  Brookland Girls will be at VV 12/20 if max preps is correct.
Should be an interesting season!!
Pass the popcorn cannon!!

Online wait4it

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 05:26:12 pm »
Top contenders on boy’s side?

Magnolia
Mills
McClellan
Anyone else?

Offline MR.GOMAB

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 11:11:55 am »
Top contenders on boy’s side?

Magnolia
Mills
McClellan
Anyone else?

Man, That's a good question! Is there anyone in NEA gonna make some noise this year? Blytheville, Forrest City, Westside (Felkins retuning right?), Monticello is going to be tough, what about ESTEEM?

Mills is going to be good again! I know Cooper has got Jakari Livingston (he was there last year but didn't play), the #5 6'6 kid from last years team and he went and snagged Javon Guy-King (c/o 2022) from Sylvan Hills. Madison Peaster is back in Arkansas but he transferred to LR Central.

Don't know about McClellan personnel but they will be good i'm sure!

Shannon Strickland is back for Monticello! Stud!

Magnolia, well 2022 standouts Derrian Ford and Colby Garland are back for their 10th grade year! Both have really developed over this summer..Man!! They also have Braelyn Beasley back along with 2022 guards Adrien Walker & Devontae Walker who stayed back and played for the 9th grade last season and Big Man Kyle Carver returning. New coach in Ben Lindsey, so we will see how he does with this talent!

Offline WestsideFan17

• Water Boy
  • Westside Fan. 2010 State Champs
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 06:55:29 pm »
Man, That's a good question! Is there anyone in NEA gonna make some noise this year? Blytheville, Forrest City, Westside (Felkins retuning right?), Monticello is going to be tough, what about ESTEEM?

Mills is going to be good again! I know Cooper has got Jakari Livingston (he was there last year but didn't play), the #5 6'6 kid from last years team and he went and snagged Javon Guy-King (c/o 2022) from Sylvan Hills. Madison Peaster is back in Arkansas but he transferred to LR Central.

Don't know about McClellan personnel but they will be good i'm sure!

Shannon Strickland is back for Monticello! Stud!

Magnolia, well 2022 standouts Derrian Ford and Colby Garland are back for their 10th grade year! Both have really developed over this summer..Man!! They also have Braelyn Beasley back along with 2022 guards Adrien Walker & Devontae Walker who stayed back and played for the 9th grade last season and Big Man Kyle Carver returning. New coach in Ben Lindsey, so we will see how he does with this talent!
Yes Felkins is returning from what I know

Offline The Chosen 1

• Band Nerd
  • Westside Fan For lyfe
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2019, 12:29:18 pm »
Felkins is coming back better than ever!!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 12:41:39 pm by The Chosen 1 »

Offline MR.GOMAB

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2019, 01:43:14 pm »
Felkins is coming back better than ever!!!

Good deal! Good sign for Westside & The NEA!

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2019, 09:16:23 pm »
I heard The Brookland Bearcats will have some good teams coming to their Honda of Jonesboro Tourney that starts 11/21
Plus they are in the Jonesboro Hurricane classic this year that starts 12/5
Looking forward to watching some good games!!

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center