Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Saturday, December 7th, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: Teams to watch in the 4a this year? Sleeper team?  (Read 9573 times)

Offline blazeralum

• Cheerleader
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: Teams to watch in the 4a this year? Sleeper team?
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 09:10:55 am »
Brookland jumped ahead of VV in the standings  with this win I think....Right now, I'm giving a slight edge to Brookland in the 4A-3...Brookland's pitching is pretty darn good.

Valley View is 13-0 in conference at this point.  Brookland is 11-2.

Offline Gravelbar

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 09:35:02 am »
Valley View is 13-0 in conference at this point.  Brookland is 11-2.
Yes, but barely...VV doesn't look like they are rolling right now though..they've escaped a couple of losses by some mediocre teams the last couple of weeks....don't get me wrong--I know they still won, but they just don't look like they are at the top of their game right now...we're going to find out next week though I think...I'm not saying they aren't a good team--they are --and they may very well be the top team coming out of 4A-3 or even the state, but right now they seem kind of out of sync.. What's your take on them?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:06:52 am by Gravelbar »

Offline Gravelbar

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 09:39:37 am »
The paper this morning said that VV locked up the #1 seed and conference championship with their win last night.
I think it will still be VV vs Brookland in the finals of the district tournament at Brookland, but VV just seems flat right now.  They may get rolling and steam roll everyone though...they need too, or someone will put an L on them here at the end heading into the district, regional, and state.  This time of year anyone can send you packing in regional or state..

Offline OB11

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • All Star
  • 6+4+3=2
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 09:46:42 am »
I think it will still be VV vs Brookland in the finals of the district tournament at Brookland, but VV just seems flat right now.  They may get rolling and steam roll everyone though...they need too, or someone will put an L on them here at the end heading into the district, regional, and state.  This time of year anyone can send you packing in regional or state..

I got ya. I thought you were saying in your original post that Brookland was above VV in the standings. You were commenting on how both teams were playing at the moment. I misunderstood, my apologies.

In baseball especially, it can come down to who gets hot at the right time for sure.

Offline Gravelbar

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 10:06:13 am »
Sorry about that, but I think Maxpreps did have Brookland ahead of them yesterday---I may have looked at it wrong though..Yeah, after playing both teams over the last couple of weeks, plus Pokey--I still think Brookland has a slight edge at this point in the season...VV has to get a little vigor in their game and if they do--like I posted in an earlier VV can still win it all..the talent is there.

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2019, 05:07:16 pm »
Sorry about that, but I think Maxpreps did have Brookland ahead of them yesterday---I may have looked at it wrong though..Yeah, after playing both teams over the last couple of weeks, plus Pokey--I still think Brookland has a slight edge at this point in the season...VV has to get a little vigor in their game and if they do--like I posted in an earlier VV can still win it all..the talent is there.

VV is the team to beat in that division.  This coming from a non VV parent.  But as we all know anyone can win or lose any given day.  Not sure why VV changed Friday game with Jonesboro to Monday.  That places Jonesboro with 3 games in two days.  But if all pitchers are on their game they will be ready for all 3.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:09:31 pm by T-Bone »

Offline morriltondevildog

• Water Boy
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2019, 05:51:42 pm »
So they are having a district tournament?  To qualify for regional?

Offline Gravelbar

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2019, 08:52:48 am »
So they are having a district tournament?  To qualify for regional?
Not sure about qualifying for the regionals, but they are having the conference/district tournament at Brookland next week..I don't know exactly how you qualify for the regionals, but isn't it the top 4 teams?  I assumed it was the top 4 from that tournament...Is it the top 4 from the standings at the end of regular season? How does that work exactly because I'm not real solid on how it does work..I'm not real solid if it's 4 teams that transfer to the regional either.  However, I think we have to win 2 games to advance to the regionals and 4A-3 isn't an easy place to win 2 games in a row.  It's tough sledding.

Offline OB11

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • All Star
  • 6+4+3=2
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2019, 09:23:09 am »
VV is the team to beat in that division.  This coming from a non VV parent.  But as we all know anyone can win or lose any given day.  Not sure why VV changed Friday game with Jonesboro to Monday.  That places Jonesboro with 3 games in two days.  But if all pitchers are on their game they will be ready for all 3.

I think VV and Brookland are playing each other today. Which is a conference game. Probably a make up or something so had to bump the game against Jonesboro.

Offline AverageJo24

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2019, 12:57:16 pm »
Game got moved to Monday.

Offline BG Dad

• Water Boy
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2019, 06:45:59 pm »
VV and Brookland was scheduled to play today but it was to wet they will play Monday because VV hasn’t had there Senior Day or I’m not sure they would play it both teams finish 1 and 2 in conference so they have qualified for the semifinals in the District tournament which automatically gives the teams a spot in regional.

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2019, 08:33:39 pm »
Game got moved to Monday.

Yes they did and had to blow off a good rival game against Jonesboro that had been moved to Monday.  Wanted another game with them but they have to do what they have to do for their division.

Offline BG Dad

• Water Boy
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2019, 09:28:34 pm »
Yes always  big fun when VV plays Jtown

Offline Gravelbar

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2019, 05:34:53 pm »
I'd like to be able to watch the VV/Brookland game.  It's going to be a good un...

Offline BG Dad

• Water Boy
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2019, 05:43:49 pm »
Game really means nothing you think Brookland throws number one?

Offline Gravelbar

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2019, 09:04:10 pm »
Game really means nothing you think Brookland throws number one?
Don't know, same could be said for VV...you think they'll throw #1?  I have no idea, but I think it means something.

Offline BG Dad

• Water Boy
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2019, 07:55:20 am »
I think VV will want to finish conference undefeated and Brookland will not want that to happen. VV bats are starting to get hot and there pitching has been solid all year. Monday should be a great game and day for Baseball.

Offline Gravelbar

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2019, 09:29:16 am »
I think VV will want to finish conference undefeated and Brookland will not want that to happen. VV bats are starting to get hot and there pitching has been solid all year. Monday should be a great game and day for Baseball.
I'd like to watch this one--I hope someone updates on Twitter after every inning...Channel 8 needs to go out and get some film on this one--maybe some of my VV buddies will post some stuff--I don't know anyone from Brookland, so I'll have to rely on VV's version I guess.

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2019, 10:42:19 am »

Conference maybe and they have a strong chance.  But they are not undefeated this year overall.  I like VV's chances against conference play.

Offline BG Dad

• Water Boy
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2019, 02:08:10 pm »
VV has loss to one in state team this year Jonesboro first game of the year the rest have been in tournaments against larger schools

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2019, 08:53:57 pm »
VV has loss to one in state team this year Jonesboro first game of the year the rest have been in tournaments against larger schools

Yes VV got that loss on their home field early in the year.  Their record shows undefeated at home but that game was supposed to be at Jonesboro but got moved due to working on new fence.  I really wanted to see the match up scheduled for Friday then moved to Monday then cancelled due to their conference play.  No matter what VV is high in their conference and Jonesboro is high in their conference and a rematch would be great.

Offline blazeralum

• Cheerleader
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2019, 09:55:21 pm »
Yes VV got that loss on their home field early in the year.  Their record shows undefeated at home but that game was supposed to be at Jonesboro but got moved due to working on new fence.  I really wanted to see the match up scheduled for Friday then moved to Monday then cancelled due to their conference play.  No matter what VV is high in their conference and Jonesboro is high in their conference and a rematch would be great.

Yes please continue to find any way possible to keep including Jonesboro in your analysis of Valley View.  We understand through your posts for some time now that you seem to be more worried about them than you are about your own bunch. Valley View is playing Brookland. It’s conference and has to be played before their district tournament begins on Wednesday. Time to get over it and worry about your own postseason. Best of luck to Jonesboro.

Online ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2019, 10:39:30 am »
Yes please continue to find any way possible to keep including Jonesboro in your analysis of Valley View.  We understand through your posts for some time now that you seem to be more worried about them than you are about your own bunch. Valley View is playing Brookland. It’s conference and has to be played before their district tournament begins on Wednesday. Time to get over it and worry about your own postseason. Best of luck to Jonesboro.

So, the fact that he would like to see a game between two city schools bothers you? It sounded like he was disappointed that it couldn’t be played, nothing more. One would expect VV would have liked the opportunity to play again, too bad the scheduling wouldn’t allow it. Who knows, maybe there’s a window before the state tournaments starts, Jonesboro and Nettleton played several “benefit” games before their respective state tournaments in the past.

Online NEA Razorback olfan

• Head Coach
  • Brookland Bearcats
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2019, 06:41:09 pm »
Brookland 3
VV 13
F

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2019, 07:21:06 pm »

Wow!  What kind of chip is on that shoulder.  Saying I would like to see a rematch is it.  I know three kids on VV team really well.  All three great kids and I respect them and their parents.  I actually like the VV team.  Not sure I care to much for those that can't see that.  Sure you know me.  I will be glad to talk in person.

Offline T-Bone

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2019, 07:25:02 pm »
So, the fact that he would like to see a game between two city schools bothers you? It sounded like he was disappointed that it couldn’t be played, nothing more. One would expect VV would have liked the opportunity to play again, too bad the scheduling wouldn’t allow it. Who knows, maybe there’s a window before the state tournaments starts, Jonesboro and Nettleton played several “benefit” games before their respective state tournaments in the past.

Exactly!  Sure is easy to upset some people.  Thank you for being one to understand.  Two of the top teams in NE Arkansas and it would be good to see one more time this year.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 07:44:45 pm by T-Bone »

Offline Gravelbar

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2019, 08:54:32 pm »
Brookland 3
VV 13
F
Wow !   Was that a run rule 13-3 and did VV throw their #1 and Brookland didn't?

Offline BG Dad

• Water Boy
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2019, 09:12:10 pm »
I’m pretty sure VV seen all three of Brooklands best pitchers tonight.

Offline HumblePride

• Band Nerd
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2019, 10:02:42 am »
Brookland did not play all their starters. They pulled their effective pitcher after two innings when it was tied 1-1. Valley View pulled their pitcher as well. Looked to me like it was a small strike zone which benefited the valley view hitters. VV definitely has the hitters. Brookland made some costly errors which allowed the hit parade to continue. Looked like a meaningless game that VV had a reason to want to play because it was senior night.

The seedings for district were already set. Brookland and VV have byes to the semifinals that mean they have a guaranteed spot in region, as the top four teams advance.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center