Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Thursday, December 12th, 2019.
Jonesboro Westside's Logan McPherson is Week 8 Player of the Week
Strong's Derrion Davis named Fearless Friday Player of the Week
Last week was our last week of Thursday Night televised games. Thanks for watching. Contact Lanny if your team wants on TV next season.
Conference season is underway. Be sure to check the Standings tab.
The season nears and we have you covered with the new look Fearless Friday Home Page. Forums remain the same.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board

Author Topic: 2019 Arkansas Razorback Indoor/Outdoor Track & Field  (Read 8125 times)

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
Re: 2019 Arkansas Razorback Indoor/Outdoor Track & Field
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2019, 05:18:26 pm »
Loved his interview where he talked about building a complete program and how difficult it is to beat programs that focus on distance runners.  Also difficult to win in Track against powers that focus on sprinters.  I love the overall greatness he has built. 

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2019, 10:45:19 am »
Harter named National Cross Country Coach of the Year!   Werner and Izzo in the running for outstanding athlete.

We lost so much from our track national title teams, I wonder how we will fare this year.  I don't know how many people realize that Harter's roots are actually distance/cross country.  The fact that he built great track teams is amazing.  He may have to rely on old-style distance points to be in the running in track this coming season.

Hoping we make another push.   WPS!!

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2019, 05:43:10 pm »
Harter named National Cross Country Coach of the Year!   Werner and Izzo in the running for outstanding athlete.

We lost so much from our track national title teams, I wonder how we will fare this year.  I don't know how many people realize that Harter's roots are actually distance/cross country.  The fact that he built great track teams is amazing.  He may have to rely on old-style distance points to be in the running in track this coming season.

Hoping we make another push.   WPS!!

I need to look up to see if Izzo has any track eligibility left since she was a grad transfer. If she does I could see us still getting top 5 in track with the distance core running well at nationals as long as we just get anything from field events and sprints we could maybe even go top 3 for one more year.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2019, 06:56:13 pm »
Incoming freshmen look good.  Hurdlers, sprinters, and distance are stacked if they improve upon those high school marks.  Izzo is listed on the Track roster as a junior. Iím excited. 

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2019, 01:38:20 pm »
I like this from the article I read today:  The vaulters will be the first to compete, jumping on Friday afternoon at the Bob Timmons Challenge in Lawrence, Kansas. Nastassja Campbell and Lauren Martinez will make their Arkansas debuts alongside Genna Potter and Bailee McCorkle beginning at 1 p.m. inside the Anschutz Pavilion.

Campbell will make her Arkansas debut after a stellar indoor/outdoor freshman campaign at Stephen F. Austin last year, earning first-team All-America status indoors with a seventh place finish and second-team All-America honor outdoors finishing 16th. Martinez will jump for the Razorbacks for the first time after joining the squad from Cal. She earned second-team All-America honors in 2018 during indoor and outdoor season, finishing 10th indoors and 11th outdoors, respectively.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2019, 03:29:01 pm »
Thanks for the info!! I really like our chances then especially to be in the top 3 in both indoor and outdoor track this season. Throw in Lauren Gregory should be completely back by May and June to an elite level. I can't believe she got 52nd at nationals with essentially no speed work and restricted mileage. That makes our distance crew so deep knowing Izzo has some track left.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2019, 05:22:00 pm »
Harter has done a tremendous job with the womenís program.   USC and Oregon will always be in the mix, but I like our chances with what we have.  Will be fun no matter what. 

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2019, 04:31:10 pm »
Vaulters went 1-2-3 at Kansas last night.  Werner and Izzo led the distance crew to great times today.   

Offline Almatrackster

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2019, 11:35:06 am »
One wonders why Werner ran unattached. Harter is known for redshirting athletes to try and line up their senior years with more likely seasons for national championships (it is actually very strategic and I've seen it work a few times in our favor).

I wonder if he is thinking we will have a tough time winning the NC this year, so he's thinking about redshirting her, or if she had a minor injury, so he didn't run her attached, have her limp off the track, and waste a year of indoor eligibility.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2019, 04:33:52 pm »
Got me wondering. 

Offline Almatrackster

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2019, 05:25:37 pm »
Of course, I don't know if Taylor has a redshirt left indoors. I know she had that pretty serious injury where she took some time off, but can't remember when or how she took the time off.

Offline RATTLER43

• Head Coach
  • Old School
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2019, 03:36:13 pm »
I am unsure and that may well be his plan. But, Werner, Izzo, and Carina are ready to lead us to a podium finish.  Add in more distance greatness, some vault (not at the level of their predecessors), Paris Peoples, Jada Baylark, Kethlin Campbell, Morgan Burks-Magee, and the young hurdlers come on and we might be in the hunt already.   Really excited even with the loss of so many all-time greats.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center