Author Topic: Special Circumstance for Ejection  (Read 779 times)

Offline bigbrew25

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Special Circumstance for Ejection
« on: October 12, 2019, 06:13:12 pm »
Let's say that some players got ejected in the first half of a game for fighting.  Play resumed after the ejections, but another fight breaks out and the refs end the game before half-time.  Would the 2nd half, which was never played, count as "time served" for the ejected players?  Asking for a friend. 8)

Offline football_referee

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Bench Warmer
  • First Down
    • RefStripes
Re: Special Circumstance for Ejection
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 08:05:53 pm »
Not sure how the AAA is going to rule on this. 
If this is the EPC vs Marked Tree game you are inquiring about From my source. MT administration came to the Referee and said we are done not playing the rest of the game. That is a forfeit. And since the game did not make it to halftime and the way I understand the AAA rule it should go down in the books as 2-0 score and since it was a conference game EPC will get full credit 13 points towards conference seating. But that is also above our pay grade as officials. The ejection for fighting will stand as NFHS the officials have authority of all actions on the field starting 30 minutes before the contest. I can not answer what the AAA will consider 4 consecutive quarters (which by the way is fairly new like just 2 to 3 years old under the old rule if you got ejected in a game you had to sit out the next comparable game.) I donít think the AAA has had this type of situation since they changed the rule.

What I would like to know since this game will be considered a forfeit will the game stats go down in the record books?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas