Author Topic: The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)  (Read 211239 times)

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
  • Screw The Thought Police.
Chelsea and Valencia 0-0 at half.

Let the champions league begin!!!

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Chelsea and Valencia 0-0 at half.

Let the champions league begin!!!

Liverpool and Chelsea did not represent today at all

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Not at all. Sad.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Chelsea won 2-0 on Saturday.

See if we can pick up some steam.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Chelsea won 2-0 on Saturday.

See if we can pick up some steam.

Battle for the last 2 Champions League spots will be wide open like last year between Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, and Tottenham

Even Leicester City looks dang good this year and will be in the mix for top 4. They have an identity under Rodgers that I like

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Anybody else see Bayern Munich blast Tottenham 7-2  :o ..... I think the match was in London which is even worse.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Anybody else see Bayern Munich blast Tottenham 7-2  :o ..... I think the match was in London which is even worse.

YUP. Father in law is hacked.

Offline VHSCoach2

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • All Star

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Manchester City just lost at home to Wolves 0-2  :o

Arsenal and Chelsea win just now to move into better positions in the table

Clubs like Leicester City in 4th, Crystal Palace and Burnley in 6th and 7th as we get a little over 20% through the season

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Manchester City just lost at home to Wolves 0-2  :o

Arsenal and Chelsea win just now to move into better positions in the table

Clubs like Leicester City in 4th, Crystal Palace and Burnley in 6th and 7th as we get a little over 20% through the season

Spurs wheels are falling off.

Chelsea youngsters are seeming to take off. They are adapting better to the super Frank flow. I would say they have exceeding my expectations so far. Let’s see if they can keep it going. And hey, how about Christian’s assist today? Thing of beauty.
As far as man city....LOL.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:15:09 pm by AirWarren »

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Spurs wheels are falling off.

Chelsea youngsters are seeming to take off. They are adapting better to the super Frank flow. I would say they have exceeding my expectations so far. Let’s see if they can keep it going. And hey, how about Christian’s assist today? Thing of beauty.
As far as man city....LOL.

I questioned Chelsea's ability to get top 4 this year, but there certainly appears to be a pathway there considering Tottenham and Man United looking absolutely pathetic at this point. If they do so considering the youth on the team that would be a great season. I really think Chelsea is going to make a big jump up to Man City and Liverpool's level in the coming years. Their transfer ban may end up being the best thing that ever happened. They have been forced to play young promising players and you know they will have plenty of cash to splash on players when they can get back in the transfer market. Mesh those to things together in 12 to 18 months from now and they could be scary.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
I questioned Chelsea's ability to get top 4 this year, but there certainly appears to be a pathway there considering Tottenham and Man United looking absolutely pathetic at this point. If they do so considering the youth on the team that would be a great season. I really think Chelsea is going to make a big jump up to Man City and Liverpool's level in the coming years. Their transfer ban may end up being the best thing that ever happened. They have been forced to play young promising players and you know they will have plenty of cash to splash on players when they can get back in the transfer market. Mesh those to things together in 12 to 18 months from now and they could be scary.

First couple of weeks I was concerned with how they would play. But you’re right, the transfer ban has forced them to bring in the youth and let them display their talents. Bringing back Batsuayi was also big.

Offline VHSCoach2

• All Star
Everton may be the first of the six who have never been relegated since the Premier League was formed to experience the Championship if they don't turn things around. They are currently in 18th place.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Catching up a little bit with Chelsea. Aside from this disastrous sport we call Arkansas razorback football...gag.

With several wins, we have no officially moved up to 4th in the rankings. Liverpool, Man city, and LEI City FC make up 1, 2, 3. Chelsea and LC FC tied with 17 points, followed by Man city with 19 and Liverpool leading the way with 25. These young pups led by Super Frankie are coming together. Pulisic isn't scoring a lot of goals but MAN he is providing some excitement with assists.

In Champions league play today, Chelsea beats Ajax 1-0 on a Batshuayi goal set up by captain America Pulisic. Oh and those orange and black uniforms are FIRE.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
After that demoralizing defeat I think Southampton may be mentally beat down so bad I feel they will get relegated this year..... They just lost 9-0 at home to Leicester City  :o

Offline VHSCoach2

• All Star
Leicester's 9-0 win tied the biggest margin of victory in Premier League history. Manchester United beat Ipswich Town 9-0 a while back.

Was hoping for 10 yesterday, honestly, so the record would belong solely to Leicester.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Christian makes it 2-0!!!!!!! His first two goals in EPL! Amazing!!

EPL Saturday’s has taken a page from college football Saturday’s with hitting up cities across the USA. TODAY IN AUSTIN TEXAS. Very cool.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Christian Pulisic with a HAT TRICK!!!!!

4-0 Chelsea.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Christian Pulisic with a HAT TRICK!!!!!

4-0 Chelsea.

Scored another one yesterday... He is on fire

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
I know sports at the pro level is a business, but Tottenham just did Pochettino dirty firing him and rumored to be replaced by Mourinho.

I know they stink this year, and maybe if he didn't turn it around by the end of the year, and started next year slow then I could see it. But the guy has consistently put them in the Champions League and the final last year. Spurs went to my most hated club list for a while the way the just threw him to the curb so fast.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
I know sports at the pro level is a business, but Tottenham just did Pochettino dirty firing him and rumored to be replaced by Mourinho.

I know they stink this year, and maybe if he didn't turn it around by the end of the year, and started next year slow then I could see it. But the guy has consistently put them in the Champions League and the final last year. Spurs went to my most hated club list for a while the way the just threw him to the curb so fast.

What kind of stupidity is responsible for firing a great coach like that? Soccer is ruthless.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Jose Mourinho is now officially the manager of Tottenham Hotspur.

Offline 1-Adam-12

• Assistant Coach
  • State Champs 1986, 2000, 2013 & 2018
Without a doubt the surprise of the Premier League this season is Sheffield United. They have already gone through Liverpool, City, Spurs, Chelsea and Man U with just one loss, that to Liverpool.

I heard the commentator mention that the Blades picked up quite a few of their players through free transfers. I think he said the first goal scorer came to them from Coventry City in 2016 on a free. They got Mousset from Bournemouth.

Will be interesting to see how far they can go.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Without a doubt the surprise of the Premier League this season is Sheffield United. They have already gone through Liverpool, City, Spurs, Chelsea and Man U with just one loss, that to Liverpool.

I heard the commentator mention that the Blades picked up quite a few of their players through free transfers. I think he said the first goal scorer came to them from Coventry City in 2016 on a free. They got Mousset from Bournemouth.

Will be interesting to see how far they can go.

It is crazy the amount of English born players they have on their team from a demographic stand point it almost feels like I am watching a match in the Championship or League One. They have been such a rarity in today's time of splashing cash on transfers from everywhere

Also, Leicester City are for real this year. They will have to competely tank in the 2020 portion of the season to not finish top 4 and be in the Champions League next year

Offline 1-Adam-12

• Assistant Coach
Leicester City has done very well building their team. Jamie Vardy is as good as ever and he has lots of help.

If Liverpool starts stumbling, the Foxes could even take their second PL title.

Offline 1-Adam-12

• Assistant Coach
Liverpool wins the Club World Cup over Flamengo of Brazil by 1-0.

In the Bundesliga RB Leipzig is looking to wrest the crown from Bayern Munich.  They are piling up the goals.  At 37 points they have a two-point lead over another surprising team, Monchengladbach.  Bayern is 3rd and Borussia Dortmund 4th.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Liverpool wins the Club World Cup over Flamengo of Brazil by 1-0.

In the Bundesliga RB Leipzig is looking to wrest the crown from Bayern Munich.  They are piling up the goals.  At 37 points they have a two-point lead over another surprising team, Monchengladbach.  Bayern is 3rd and Borussia Dortmund 4th.

I usually do not watch the Bundesliga a whole lot, but I have been watching it way more this season due to it being so up in the air. That race will probably go down to the very end between 3 or 4 clubs all having a real shot if they got hot late.

Chelsea also took it to Tottenham today winning 2-0 away at the new White Hart Lane

Offline VHSCoach2

• All Star
Manchester City have been banned from the Champions League for two years and fined 30 million Euros for breaching Financial Fair Play regulations.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Manchester City have been banned from the Champions League for two years and fined 30 million Euros for breaching Financial Fair Play regulations.

:o That is seriously going to hurt their ability to get players for a while. Watch the downward spiral

Offline 1-Adam-12

• Assistant Coach
Haven't got on in a while.

Lots of teams will have to play well to avoid relegation.  I'm afraid Norwich is headed down.  The other two could come from among six or seven teams.  I sure hope Bournemouth stays up.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Haven't got on in a while.

Lots of teams will have to play well to avoid relegation.  I'm afraid Norwich is headed down.  The other two could come from among six or seven teams.  I sure hope Bournemouth stays up.

Same.

Chelsea holding strong at 4.

But their UCL hopes are dwindling. Bayern hammered them this week. Might as well hand Liverpool the trophy.

Offline VHSCoach2

• All Star
Hats off to Liverpool on an incredible run of 35 out of 36 before today's loss to Watford.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Hats off to Liverpool on an incredible run of 35 out of 36 before today's loss to Watford.

Watford was on fire yesterday

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend

Remarkable.

Marcos Alonso maybe had his best game as a Chelsea mate with 2 scores to level at Bournemouth and walk away with 1 point. With what super Frankie has done with this Chelsea squad is pretty remarkable.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Chelsea takes out Liverpool in FA cup play. 2-0.

Willian and Barkley with the scores.

Offline 1-Adam-12

• Assistant Coach
As we all know Covid 19 has put everything on hold. But I caught this story this morning about heartbreak in the lower English leagues.

The FA has decided to declare the season for Levels 7 and below null and void with no promotion or relegation.

Two teams in those leagues (one in Level 8 and one in Level 9) had already secured promotion to the next level, one of those having won all 27 games in their league (and I might add they did it in their first ever season).

Now they will have to start over from scratch in their current league next season.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
As we all know Covid 19 has put everything on hold. But I caught this story this morning about heartbreak in the lower English leagues.

The FA has decided to declare the season for Levels 7 and below null and void with no promotion or relegation.

Two teams in those leagues (one in Level 8 and one in Level 9) had already secured promotion to the next level, one of those having won all 27 games in their league (and I might add they did it in their first ever season).

Now they will have to start over from scratch in their current league next season.

I miss the EPL :(

Watching EPL classics on NBCsportsnetwork now. 2014/2015 Chelsea match on now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 10:14:12 am by AirWarren »

Offline 1-Adam-12

• Assistant Coach
The Bundesliga cranked back up this past weekend, with all games behind closed doors.

Bundesliga was actually my first experience with soccer. In the late 70s, a match of the week and some highlights from other matches would air on PBS.

The music for the opening was the instrumental to “Shame” by Evelyn “Champagne“ King.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
The Bundesliga cranked back up this past weekend, with all games behind closed doors.

Bundesliga was actually my first experience with soccer. In the late 70s, a match of the week and some highlights from other matches would air on PBS.

The music for the opening was the instrumental to “Shame” by Evelyn “Champagne“ King.

German football is some good stuff the passion and pureness left in their game still with the fans. Also hearing La Liga is back in 2 weeks. I am thinking EPL and the Championship in England will come back June 13 or probably June 20 at the latest. I thought Leeds United may have their promotion derailed by COVID 19. They're 7 points clear of 3rd place and they have a pretty easy 9 matches left against mostly clubs in the bottom half of the table. They'll really have to blow it to not be promoted. They're too big of a club to not be in EPL

Offline 1-Adam-12

• Assistant Coach
Premier League restart is June 17. First two matches will be Man City vs Arsenal and Aston Villa vs Sheffield United.

They have not decided on the sites for the games but confirmed all games will be behind closed doors.  Apparently they are still going to do these games at neutral sites.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea!!!!

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea!!!!

Just saw where Chelsea activated Timo Werner's release clause from RB Leipzig in Germany. In my opinion, he might be the best player in the Bundesliga right now. I think he has to agree to the move, but if he does then Chelsea has some young talent to work with for a while. Abraham, Mount, Werner, and if Pulisic can ever stay healthy for a full season that is a nice complement of players for the next few years. Adding squad depth to do well in all the competitions.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Premier League restart is June 17. First two matches will be Man City vs Arsenal and Aston Villa vs Sheffield United.

They have not decided on the sites for the games but confirmed all games will be behind closed doors.  Apparently they are still going to do these games at neutral sites.

I hope all this is on television. I don't even care if its in front of an empty crowd.

Offline 1-Adam-12

• Assistant Coach
I hope all this is on television. I don't even care if its in front of an empty crowd.

Apparently the teams won their fight and all the games will be played at their home stadiums. Still behind closed doors, and yes it still will be televised.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Apparently the teams won their fight and all the games will be played at their home stadiums. Still behind closed doors, and yes it still will be televised.

Caught the highlights of Man City vs Arsenal and its a better product than expected considering no fans in attendance

Also, Timo Werner to Chelsea is official. Him and Hakim Ziyech from Ajax to Chelsea makes their attack very deep. They have enough depth now that they can do well in all competitions next season and deal with people out for time with injuries. I see them top 3 next season and a decent run in the Champions League.

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
Big pickups for the Blues.

Will it be good as a young Eden Hazard or be a deadly striker like Diego costa? Yet to be seen. But I will take it.

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Big pickups for the Blues.

Will it be good as a young Eden Hazard or be a deadly striker like Diego costa? Yet to be seen. But I will take it.

And Chelsea wins in their first match back... Pulisic scores as well. He just needs to stay injury free and he will have a great career. People forget he can barely buy an alcohol drink legally in the States how young he still is. The injury bug seems to always hit him every year though. If he stays healthy its just another piece for Chelsea moving forward

Offline beach bum

• Head Coach
Overall there were some great goals the first week back in the EPL however

Online AirWarren

• El Mestizo
  • Legend
And Chelsea wins in their first match back... Pulisic scores as well. He just needs to stay injury free and he will have a great career. People forget he can barely buy an alcohol drink legally in the States how young he still is. The injury bug seems to always hit him every year though. If he stays healthy its just another piece for Chelsea moving forward

Captain America subs in and scored immediately. Love it.

Offline 1-Adam-12

• Assistant Coach
Some more observations:

Who would’ve thought that Brighton would do the double over Arsenal? And that one guy (Maupay) telling Arsenal they ought to have more humility?  That after the Gunners’ GK was knocked over by Maupay and injured. 

I am afraid Bournemouth is in serious trouble now. With the run in they have it’s going to be very hard for them to avoid the drop.

Norwich simply needs to make reservations for away days for the likes of Blackburn, Wigan and Coventry (who won League One).  It’s just a matter of time before relegation for the Canaries.

The Merseyside Derby ended in a scoreless draw meaning Liverpool will have to wait until they play their next game to win the league. As things stand they can’t back into it right now if Manchester City stumbles against Burnley.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center