Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Saturday, September 21st, 2019.
FearlessFriday Thursday Night Football returns. Springdale Har-ber @ Pulaski Academy Week 0, Lakeside @ Lake Hamilton week 1.
AAA has reset the way Basketball Finals are done. See the thread on Killer Crossover Board
2020-22 proposed conferences will be post to FearlessFriday.com shortly. Discussion has already begun. #fearlessfriday
2019 Football Schedules are online, See who your team is playing
FearlessFriday brings Thursday Night Football on TV
Fearless Friday
Southside's Coleman Week 3 POW

Author Topic: Fearless Friday Rankings  (Read 12680 times)

Offline 7AFBFAN

• Head Coach
Re: Fearless Friday Rankings
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2014, 05:13:38 pm »
I've always thought that Nashville's 2006 team could've been the best in the state. Had the size, speed, and skill level of a 7A school at every position.

For what it's worth Maxpreps had Nashville ranked 2nd overall in 2005 behind Springdale and 3rd in 2006. Both years were in the top 200 nationally. Possibly one of the rare times when a smaller school could be the best in Arkansas.

2005 they lost to Hope in game one and 2006 they beat Hope by 7. Max Preps must have seen something.

Offline ~WPS~

• Head Coach
  • Winning Is A Habit
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2014, 07:51:48 pm »
First game of the year against your biggest rival is always a tough game. And Hope was no push over either.

Offline phdefense

• FF Resident Google
  • Head Coach
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2014, 11:13:42 pm »
Maxpreps has rated the top 20 schools in Arkansas in the last decade.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/PZ59lO7QMkKflchp8Ksgmg/top-20-most-dominant-arkansas-high-school-football-teams-in-the-maxpreps-era.htm

I really like stuff like that. I think it's a pretty good representation of our state's best.
I read this, though, and had to say ... "nooooo, that's not right."

"Nashville has finished in the Top 25 every year since 2005, claiming three state titles in the process."

Nashville was 6-5 last year and not even in the Top 50 (54th to be precise). That's a pretty big mistake in rankings if maxpreps had Nashville in the Top 25 last year.
And folks know I wouldn't just penalize the Scrappers for the heck of it ... Me and Crash Sanders do love 'em. It was kind of disappointing watching their streak of first-round wins go down the tubes at Lincoln in November. Twenty-two straight first-round playoff wins before that.
On the other hand, it was kind of exciting to see Lincoln rise up like that. It's a little disheartening now, in hindsight, to see all that promise of a good football program at Lincoln just disappear in a few months.
Inaccuracies are not hard to find with Maxpreps. For example: According to them Todd Barnes is still coach at Stuttgart even though he got out of coaching after the 2010 season.

Offline ~WPS~

• Head Coach
  • Winning Is A Habit
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2014, 07:15:30 am »
Maxpreps has rated the top 20 schools in Arkansas in the last decade.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/PZ59lO7QMkKflchp8Ksgmg/top-20-most-dominant-arkansas-high-school-football-teams-in-the-maxpreps-era.htm

I really like stuff like that. I think it's a pretty good representation of our state's best.
I read this, though, and had to say ... "nooooo, that's not right."

"Nashville has finished in the Top 25 every year since 2005, claiming three state titles in the process."

Nashville was 6-5 last year and not even in the Top 50 (54th to be precise). That's a pretty big mistake in rankings if maxpreps had Nashville in the Top 25 last year.
And folks know I wouldn't just penalize the Scrappers for the heck of it ... Me and Crash Sanders do love 'em. It was kind of disappointing watching their streak of first-round wins go down the tubes at Lincoln in November. Twenty-two straight first-round playoff wins before that.
On the other hand, it was kind of exciting to see Lincoln rise up like that. It's a little disheartening now, in hindsight, to see all that promise of a good football program at Lincoln just disappear in a few months.
Inaccuracies are not hard to find with Maxpreps. For example: According to them Todd Barnes is still coach at Stuttgart even though he got out of coaching after the 2010 season.
I agree. That's what you get with a nationwide website. It's probably a safe bet that not one person that works for Maxpreps has ever seen an Arkansas high school football game.

Offline HorseFeathers

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Legend
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 06:11:36 pm »
most of their information is provided by fans and coaches . . . . You can get a user account for free and submit corrections to them.  . . They will change stuff in most cases to the correct information when they get it. . Their formula for ranking is based off on of those screwy bcs computer polls don't remember which one though

Offline LJ06

• FF Resident Yahoo
  • Hall of Famer
  • Give em the axe Jacks!
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2014, 08:12:05 pm »
First game of the year against your biggest rival is always a tough game. And Hope was no push over either.

Exactly and your right Hope was not then and they def are not now.

Offline ~WPS~

• Head Coach
  • Winning Is A Habit
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2014, 09:59:32 pm »
Hope and Nashville have played 90+ times. It's either even or someone is only up by one game. From 07-12 it was lopsided, but Turley has turned things around and has brought some excitement back to this game.

Offline The Future

• Starter
  • Isnt reckless driving just driving without wrecks?
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »
Well Greenwood finished same as last year at 4. I didn't think we'd get any higher than 3.
Camden finished 5th. Too high for the Cardinals I think. I'd put them closer to 10.
I was wrong about Wynne. Didn't think they'd make the list. I wonder where Morrilton and Hope falls in their rankings.

3 spots left. No surprise who they are and what order.

1: Bentonville
2: Fayetteville/NLR
3: Fayetteville/NLR

Offline wing

• 2nd String
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2014, 12:02:25 pm »
Well Greenwood finished same as last year at 4. I didn't think we'd get any higher than 3.
Camden finished 5th. Too high for the Cardinals I think. I'd put them closer to 10.
I was wrong about Wynne. Didn't think they'd make the list. I wonder where Morrilton and Hope falls in their rankings.

3 spots left. No surprise who they are and what order.

1: Bentonville
2: Fayetteville/NLR
3: Fayetteville/NLR

Future I agree that CF at #5 is too high. Heck considering that they will be lucky to make the playoffs, I think ranking them #10 is too high. ;)

Offline 7AFBFAN

• Head Coach
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2014, 03:13:00 pm »
I thought I saw NLR is number 1 by 3 points.

Offline michael2370

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2014, 06:29:46 pm »
I think Watson chapel may fall out early.  They have Batesville week one.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center